PDA

View Full Version : Does it matter on what Visa you start the TRP process?

tobias
16-05-2008, 11:47
I've been told that if you're applying for TRP on the basis of being married to a Russian cit. you can't be on a business/commercial Visa? Is that right? I thought it didn't matter what Visa you were on. (excluding tourist visas)

16-05-2008, 14:55
Even a tourist visa is ok. ANY visa, valid with real and valid registration, is ok.

Penguin_The_Great
16-05-2008, 20:18
Tobias, the ONLY requirement is that you have to be in the country LEGALLY. It means you have to have a valid visa - ANY visa. Nowhere in the law does it say that you need a special kind of visa, or that business visa is not okay.
(Bring the law “On Foreigners” to FMS. Point out the article that talks about this aspect).

BeachBum
03-07-2008, 16:44
Even a tourist visa is ok. ANY visa, valid with real and valid registration, is ok.
Guest:

Just to clarify. I am married to a Russian National (4years). Have a US embassy sponsored visa. 6 month and can renew for additional 6 months. Have registration in Moscow. Wish to apply for TRP. Can I do this immediately? What doc's required? FBI check? others? cant access the FMS web site. (. Cant afford a lawyer to do complete the documents. Is it really necessary? My wife can complete all. But other than that she is not very helpful.. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! )) thanks!