PDA

View Full Version : The 17th of May

TGP
15-05-2008, 23:58
I saw three posts on different pages of the site:

Miracle's concert (posted in Expat Social Club)
Die Artze (German band) concert (in Expat Social club)
Free guided tour around Moscow (Information)

All on same day, Saturday, May 17, and at the same time. A dilemma...

MissAnnElk
16-05-2008, 00:00
I saw three posts on different pages of the site:

Miracle's concert (posted in Expat Social Club)
Die Artze (German band) concert (in Expat Social club)
Free guided tour around Moscow (Information)

All on same day, Saturday, May 17, and at the same time. A dilemma...

PLUS Indian Dinner + Bowling!

TGP
16-05-2008, 00:06
Is it a special day?

Albertina
16-05-2008, 00:07
Seems like most people go for Indian food and bowling.

I was also surprised why everyone chose this day... :bash:

Albertina
16-05-2008, 00:11
Is it a special day?

A bit of useful knowledge for you:

1792: A group of brokers meeting at a coffee house in New York City organize the New York Stock Exchange. The first transactions are made under a tree on Wall Street.

1875: The first Kentucky Derby is held at Churchill Downs, Kentucky; racehorse Aristides is the winner.

1954: The U.S. Supreme Court reverses an 1896 ruling that education should be "separate but equal," ruling that racial segregation in schools is unconstitutional.

1973: The U.S. Senate committee investigating Watergate begins its televised proceedings; allegations of wrongdoing in the affair lead to President Richard Nixon's resignation.

TGP
16-05-2008, 00:18
A bit of useful knowledge for you:

1792: A group of brokers meeting at a coffee house in New York City organize the New York Stock Exchange. The first transactions are made under a tree on Wall Street.

1875: The first Kentucky Derby is held at Churchill Downs, Kentucky; racehorse Aristides is the winner.

1954: The U.S. Supreme Court reverses an 1896 ruling that education should be "separate but equal," ruling that racial segregation in schools is unconstitutional.

1973: The U.S. Senate committee investigating Watergate begins its televised proceedings; allegations of wrongdoing in the affair lead to President Richard Nixon's resignation.

That's fine, but how is it all connected with bowling and Indian food?

:)

Transparent Theatre
16-05-2008, 00:59
Miracle's concert is at 5pm, I think? So you can start with that, and then go on to other things. It's Museum Day, and many Museums have special events in the evening to encourage visitors.

AndreyS
16-05-2008, 01:13
That's fine, but how is it all connected with bowling and Indian food?

:)

She is trying to hijack your thread.

jumatre
16-05-2008, 02:11
I have decided to go to miracles concert and afterwards to any of the museums, but this will be decided on a short term. My body says no to bowling...

TGP
16-05-2008, 13:24
Looks like it will be a hard day.... my inner deep wish is to spend it on a couch :shame:

Transparent Theatre
16-05-2008, 14:52
I have decided to go to miracles concert and afterwards to any of the museums, but this will be decided on a short term. My body says no to bowling...

I can't make the bowling, because I'm washing my hair.

elis
16-05-2008, 15:54
It's also the day I run away to Turkey for a week to escape the cold water at home.

Very upset about missing yet another of Miracle's concerts (will she still keep inviting me?), as well as bowling and Indian food.