PDA

View Full Version : Extending a student visa ? Fustration

byrneofmoscow
14-05-2008, 19:03
Hi,

I have been studying at the Puskin Institute for 6 months and have renewed my student visa twice, (leaving the country) at 90 day intervals. The institute extends visas for those registered and staying in the institute.
I have enquired at the institute to extend my student visa however they have told me that while I am registered in an apartment, and not in the institute and as such I must go to the local FMS and have this attended to.
I along with a Russian friend went to the local FMS office and they did not know anything about this procedure. My Russian friend has attempted to contact the Central FMS office by phone (numbers on web site) however there is no answer from the phone.

Can somebody advise me please, as to how I can proceed with ease

kapione
14-05-2008, 19:16
you know you cannot extend any type of visa , you over stay your visa , you can be barred from reenrty up to 10 years , you are a student?? did you learn to read so you can read your documents ?

xSnoofovich
14-05-2008, 19:23
you could just get a longer letter of invitation from pushkin ( for a longer period of time), then make a deal with them, so you dont have to pay all of the fees upfront, but say - week by week, or month by month.

maccamlc
26-05-2008, 21:39
you know you cannot extend any type of visa , you over stay your visa , you can be barred from reenrty up to 10 years , you are a student?? did you learn to read so you can read your documents ?

The student visa is the only type of visa that can be extended. I did that here in Tomsk. The University took care of everything, so all I did was give them my passport, 400 Rubles and got it back in 1 month :)

Although I leave on Thursday, so we'll see what happens :)

woody125
21-06-2008, 11:02
The student visa is the only type of visa that can be extended. I did that here in Tomsk. The University took care of everything, so all I did was give them my passport, 400 Rubles and got it back in 1 month :)

Although I leave on Thursday, so we'll see what happens :)

I've got friends here in Novosibirsk (single folks and students with families) who have theirs registered for up to 18 months out into the future. If you have an institute that really wants to help you they should be able to work with you to find a better solution. 90 day runs for new visas is not feasible for those of us out here "in the provinces."