PDA

View Full Version : 90 Day Rule

DJ Biscuit
14-05-2008, 16:28
Have I completely missed the point regarding work permits/visas and the 90 days in 90 days out for those without work visas? I thought that you could only be in Russia 90 days out of 180, however I have just come from the offices of the people who do my registration and visas. The girl who dealt with my visa last year and does my registration told me that you get a three month visa, on day 89/90 you have to leave for a minimum of one day and re-enter on a new visa and you can do this every three months, so it's not a matter of leaving for 90 days after 90 days but a case of just leaving and coming back with a new visa. While this is expensive and complicated it is still better than what I imagined, and while work permits/visas are being sorted it's an option. Now, I had a totally different idea but as this is what she does, and does very well I presume she knows what she is talking about. And I have to give her credit, last year there was a mix up with my invitation and she got me a new invitation, one year multi entry business visa from start to finish and sent to England where I was within a week!!!

RRM
14-05-2008, 16:32
I think she is wrong. The new rules with business visa are that once you complete your 90 days, you have to be out for another 90 days before you come in. Atleast this is what I know of latest rules.

Have I completely missed the point regarding work permits/visas and the 90 days in 90 days out for those without work visas? I thought that you could only be in Russia 90 days out of 180, however I have just come from the offices of the people who do my registration and visas. The girl who dealt with my visa last year and does my registration told me that you get a three month visa, on day 89/90 you have to leave for a minimum of one day and re-enter on a new visa and you can do this every three months, so it's not a matter of leaving for 90 days after 90 days but a case of just leaving and coming back with a new visa. While this is expensive and complicated it is still better than what I imagined, and while work permits/visas are being sorted it's an option. Now, I had a totally different idea but as this is what she does, and does very well I presume she knows what she is talking about. And I have to give her credit, last year there was a mix up with my invitation and she got me a new invitation, one year multi entry business visa from start to finish and sent to England where I was within a week!!!

Transparent Theatre
14-05-2008, 16:36
I thought that you could only be in Russia 90 days out of 180,

This is what I'd been led to believe too! I'm sure that someone, somewhere along this process, has misread or misinterpreted the paperwork - but it would be interesting to know what the actual situation is? My understanding is that the Consulate who issues your visa has far more expertise in the matter than a kid on military service in the glass box at the airport? If you go to other countries which have a maximum stay rule, your visa is actually marked "no return within 90 days of expiry" (for example, my Mongolian visa is always marked that way). Surely that ought to happen in Russia too?

RRM
14-05-2008, 16:41
"The visas will still last for one year, however, the new rules will only allow the foreign worker to stay in Russia for up to 180 days of that year, and for only 90 days at a time. Also, if a foreigner stays in the country for a full 90 days in a row, he or she is required to leave and not come back until another 90 days have passed."

DJ Biscuit
14-05-2008, 17:11
"The visas will still last for one year, however, the new rules will only allow the foreign worker to stay in Russia for up to 180 days of that year, and for only 90 days at a time. Also, if a foreigner stays in the country for a full 90 days in a row, he or she is required to leave and not come back until another 90 days have passed."

That's exactly how I thought it was, and that's exactly what I said to my visa agent. However she smiled at me and said ''No that is simply not the case''.

However, I have my doubts as up until Today everything I have heard on this has been as you have quoted.

Mirka
14-05-2008, 17:26
I contacted the Embassy (Slovak) and they explained as following:

1. it is not the case if you have working permit and working visa (big green paper).

2. in case you have 1 year multy entry business visa then it is the case and it means that you cannot be in Russia longer than 90 days within 180 days - if it is in a row or in and out doesnt matter.

However The Traveller mentioned his own experience last week so maybe you should PM him.

DJ Biscuit
14-05-2008, 17:39
That's one year multi entry visas, understood. But the way it was explained to me Today was that you can get a single (possibly double I suppose) entry three month visa. Then after 90 days go and a get a new one and come back straight away.

Mirka
14-05-2008, 18:13
Well we are in Russia so I guess it will take some time to find out how it really is :)
And looks like every Embassy explain the rule differently :)

Transparent Theatre
14-05-2008, 18:26
That's one year multi entry visas, understood. But the way it was explained to me Today was that you can get a single (possibly double I suppose) entry three month visa. Then after 90 days go and a get a new one and come back straight away.

I have exactly that, as a short-term fix whilst my residency applicaiton is going through. I was told the same thing (by the Russian Consulate in London).

kapione
14-05-2008, 18:54
keep spreading rumours and Bull crap , I started several posts +threads with the real deal , you want to believe the lies it is your funeral

for the last time :IF you want trouble max out your 90 days

leave early it will reset your time , we are in Russia they have no staff to Police this 90 in 90 out

do you people love scaring each other ???? whats wrong with you all ???

hint if you max your time the border police will demand do ra mi $$$$ from u and scare you, but you all do it to yourself wake up , if you read this you ARE awake now take your head out of your popka

xSnoofovich
14-05-2008, 19:40
i think you could get away with it a few times, maybe up to a year or so - the whole get a new visa every 90 days thing - but after awhile, people will start to look at you funny as you cross the border.

Dashinka2001
14-05-2008, 21:37
I am just wondering what kind of a headache this is going to cause for airlines. I go and come 20 times a year. Are they going to backtrack 180 days and then add all the stamps to be sure I still have some days left on my 90 and will still be admitted when I land in Russia??

What happens if I am turned away, the airline picks up the return fare??

I just got a one year multi today. The things states '90 days out of 180 days'

The entry and depart days are a full year, but the term is marked '90 days'. Is this normal or is it a mistake?

LalaLu
14-05-2008, 22:08
DJ, you are right, the girl is right. I am doing my visa in this way, is the third time and is working. It is a lot of trouble to go every 3 months and make a new visa, but for the moment is my only option.

hamski
21-05-2008, 09:41
hey, been off the forum for a while, just wanted to confirm what LaLaLu said - the same thing has worked for both myself and my wife. There's no problem with it at all - no laws saying you can't do it. However, it is a pain and quite expensive having to leave and come back every three months! Until we get our temporary residency papers back there's not too much we can do about it...

annasophia
21-05-2008, 13:02
Gotta love the Russian way of doing things. Every time they create a new law they also create a new loophole to squeeze through.

Transparent Theatre
21-05-2008, 13:14
The only downside is that you'll fill your passport with visas very quickly :(

But it's great to hear of a workaround that will cover the time for application for Temp Res etc :)