PDA

View Full Version : i need some advice plz

kotik79
14-05-2008, 13:45
Hello guys
not sure if you can help me but i give it a try anyway.
I am russian but currently living in London with my husband (he is british and we got married in London). I am coming to Moscow in August to change all my russian paper work (register my marrriage and change the surname plus register the birth of our child in my russian passport ). My mum tried to get some info on what paper work I have to bring with me but the answers she got were very vage.
So any of you guys who are married to a russian citizenand had to do the same things could tell me what I need to bring with me.
Any help appreciated
Thanx

RRM
14-05-2008, 13:48
Many things can be done through the Russian Embassy in London.

Hello guy
not sure if you can help me but i give it a try anyway.
I am russian but currently living in London with my husband (he is british and we got married in London). I am coming to Moscow in August to change all my russian paper work (register my marrriage and change the surname plus register the birth of our child in my russian passport ). My mum tried to get some info on what paper work I have to bring with me but the answers she got were very vage.
So any of you guys who are married to a russian citizenand had to do the same things could tell me what I need to bring with me.
Any help appreciated
Thanx

kotik79
14-05-2008, 14:00
I went to the russian embassy to apply for a russian citizenship for our son and his russian passport, but they said everything else i have to do back in Russia as they cant change my internal passport here

RRM
14-05-2008, 14:22
regardless of the procedure (which I dont know), when you do go to Russia, have all your documents wit hyou.

Birth certificate
Marriage Certificate

In English and in Russian translated by the embassy officially.

Hopefully somebody on this site knows the procedure.

I went to the russian embassy to apply for a russian citizenship for our son and his russian passport, but they said everything else i have to do back in Russia as they cant change my internal passport here

cookie monster
14-05-2008, 14:51

You also need a certified true copy and translation of your husband's passport by the Russian Embassy in the U.K., And before you can change your surname in your current Russian International Passport, the procedure is to 1st change your Russian Internal/Domestic passport. Take note that all this will take time in Russia.

kotik79
14-05-2008, 14:58
thanx for your reply. I will try to get that done. I know it will take ages for me to do everything back home. Im really dreading it

Bels
14-05-2008, 19:35
Don't forget to get your marriage certificate and other necessary documents legalised before you go.

Official info and applications made here:

Documents we can legalise (http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/what-we-do/docs-and-legal-services/legalisation/legalising)

Penguin_The_Great
15-05-2008, 06:46
Kotik, here’s what you need to do.

1. Get copies of your marriage certificate and your child’s birth certificate.
2. Get them apostiled while you are still in the UK (apostil is an official stamp that makes your paperwork legal in another country).
3. When you are in Russia, go to a translation agency. They will officially translate your paperwork (they should notarize the signature of the translator, bind the whole thing together, stamp it, etc.)
4. Check that your marriage certificate says “Ms. Ivanova is now Mrs. Smith”.
5. If your marriage certificate says that, go to паспортный стол (bring your paperwork, of course). There you will drop off your old passport and hopefully pick up a new one in 10 days or so.
6. If there's no note about the name change in your marriage certificate, it might still fly at the паспортный стол. However, more often than not they get nasty and refuse to change the name. In this case you can either leave your maiden name but still get your passport stamped with «married to….» OR
7. You can go to your local ЗАГС and file for a name change. It's supposed to be approved in 30 days. They'll give you a paper that you should take to the паспортный стол. Based on this paper they will issue you a new passport.

Bear in mind that you will also be obligated to change your foreign passport to your new name.
As far as I know, your husband's passport is not necessary.

As for putting your child into your internal passport – I'm not sure. They will need apostiled and translated birth certificate, that's for sure. However, I suspect that they will require proof of your child's Russian citizenship. It might be enough to show them that the child is written into your foreign passport, I'm really not sure.

My question is – why on Earth would you want to go through all this???

kotik79
15-05-2008, 12:12
Thank you Penguin_The_Great for the info at least now it gives me an idea. I dont really want to change the surname back home as i know how much problems that going to cause me. I have a British passport as well and I am changing my surname here (only takes 3 weeks ) so I assumed that I have to change everything back home as well.