PDA

View Full Version : Any reasonably priced hotels in the city's center

tamibliss
13-05-2008, 06:43
Hi,

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying warm days in Moscow. I have a question. Are there any reasonably priced hotels in the city's center? Any advice or leads are much appreciated.

Cheers,
T.

13-05-2008, 08:58
Godzillas Hostel Moscow (http://www.godzillashostel.com/)

innovator
13-05-2008, 09:35
The above is a hostel, not a hotel. A hostel is where you have to share the room with a group of backpackers. I think the poster wants an actual hotel with his / her own room.

The answer to the question: No, there are no reasonably priced centrally located hotels in Moscow. You need to go to the outskirts to find the cheaper hotels.

Good luck!

cheriedeperth
13-05-2008, 10:01
The above is a hostel, not a hotel. A hostel is where you have to share the room with a group of backpackers. I think the poster wants an actual hotel with his / her own room.

The answer to the question: No, there are no reasonably priced centrally located hotels in Moscow. You need to go to the outskirts to find the cheaper hotels.

Good luck!

Godzillas have private rooms, too, with a double bed or two singles. I recently stayed in one and it was ok, but definately not hotel standard.

innovator
13-05-2008, 10:14
In that case it's a reasonable price for a private room... but

Moscow: Godzillas Hostel - Traveler Reviews - Beware the babushkas! - TripAdvisor (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g298484-d568553-r13529507-Godzillas_Hostel-Moscow_Central_Russia.html)

trebor
13-05-2008, 11:22
N

Napoleon Hostel was the best one that i stayed in. Very clean and well organised and i had quite a lot of fun there for a couple of days.
Napoleon Hostel - Moscow's leading and most centrally located hostel - Home page (http://www.napoleonhostel.com/home.php)

tamibliss
14-05-2008, 00:49
Thanks all of you for the leads. However, I am looking for something around $100-$200 a night. Any thoughts?

is4fun
14-05-2008, 01:07
Thanks all of you for the leads. However, I am looking for something around $100-$200 a night. Any thoughts?

Why did you not post a range in your initial post? More interestingly, why did not anyone ask for the range when the initial post was made?

tamibliss
14-05-2008, 03:43
Do you have any actual info on reasonably priced hotels? or just a bunch of questions?

innovator
14-05-2008, 10:25
I found one for you searching on expedia.com with dates 16 MAY - 17 MAY $229 per night at the Budapest hotel. This hotel is situated 100 metres from the Bolshoi Theatre and 500 metres from the Kremlin.

You can't get any more center than that.

Hotel Budapest - About hotel (http://www.hotel-budapest.ru/eng/about.html)

Transparent Theatre
14-05-2008, 12:06
I found one for you searching on expedia.com with dates 16 MAY - 17 MAY $229 per night at the Budapest hotel.

Perhaps next time you'd like to mention your definition of "reasonably-priced", Mr Deripaska.

innovator
14-05-2008, 12:44
I would say that compared to other hotels in the center $229 is a bargain. Though this appears to be a weekend rate and will likely be 20% higher during weekdays.

By the way I am the only one who replied to this post who actually did research into what the poster was looking for.

innovator
14-05-2008, 17:26
I found another one Novotel Moscow Centre $221 per night. It's not as central as the one last quoted but probably a better quality hotel. It's located M. Novoslobodskaya, about 3 stops by Metro to Red Sq.

If you don't need to be right near Red Sq. then I'd probably recommend this one. According to expedia you get full breakfast plus free high speed internet. This again is a weekend rate.

tamibliss
14-05-2008, 20:35
Thank you, Innovator. This is very helpful. I lived in Moscow and left 4 years ago. I know it can be very expensive but I still can't get over the fact that for $100 you can get a room in a 5-star hotel with 5 -star treatment in South-East Asia, for example.

Thanks again,
T.