PDA

View Full Version : I am starting a diet, anyone wanna join?

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 13:54
Ok, I have had enough of being so damned fat, my clothes, well to small of course, so i have chatted to a few of my friends here and it has been suggested I try the Atkins Diet, I have never really dieted before...

So, if anyone wants to join me on this then drop me a line, I will be starting from Monday next week, that is the 10th May 2004.

Maybe we could do some sort of fund raisning for charity or something, main thing of course is to lose weight.

Len

Fa-Q!
05-05-2004, 14:05
Haven't seen your little wee-wee in a while, huh, MM?

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:08
Ermm, not for a for a few years.....

:), so you gonna join me ???

Fa-Q!
05-05-2004, 14:10
Nope. I always say, "If ya got a big tool, ya gotta have a big shed"...

Fa-Q!
05-05-2004, 14:10
Keep us informed of your progress, though...

allice
05-05-2004, 14:12
I'm on a diet as of yesterday but I will not join you as I do what I know works for me :)

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:13
Originally posted by allice
I'm on a diet as of yesterday but I will not join you as I do what I know works for me :)

Hmmm, what diet????

I am new to this dieting stuff, i have always been sorta fit, until the last few years, and dieting never really crossed my mind, but I wanna get healthy to enjoy my son growing up and my 2 daughters as well...

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:14
Originally posted by Fa-Q!
Nope. I always say, "If ya got a big tool, ya gotta have a big shed"...

Ahh, I will ok if I get to a little tiny storage bag..... :)

Will let you know how it goes... blow by blow

allice
05-05-2004, 14:16
Len, it's sort of a combination of simply eating less and more often and exercise -- that's the only thing that works for me and I gained A LOT of weight this winter (Lee, thanks for noting that to my face :p ) Anyway -- no pain, no gain :cool:

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:24
Len, it's sort of a combination of simply eating less and more often and exercise -- that's the only thing that works for me and I gained A LOT of weight this winter (Lee, thanks for noting that to my face :p ) Anyway -- no pain, no gain :cool:

Pain is cool....

I hear sex is a good form of exercise :) oh well, in for a penny in for losing 35 Lb plus :)

Aiming at 15 Kg over 6 months... we will see

allice
05-05-2004, 14:29
Originally posted by moscowmail
Pain is cool....

I hear sex is a good form of exercise :) oh well, in for a penny in for losing 35 Lb plus :)

Aiming at 15 Kg over 6 months... we will see

I've done 12 kg during 3 months but I was travelling :D

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:32
Wow, coool

allice
05-05-2004, 14:33
the trick is to stick to the plan ;)

Lee, you skinnya***d manc ****** :D :p :D

Jet
05-05-2004, 14:35
MM, forget about the diet - you might even end up in worse condition than you were before you started - you will have to exercise, just do everything you did in the army. I am gonna be doing lots of it during the summer: running, survival courses, sky- and scuba-dyving, weight-lifting, martial arts. The great thing - you can just keep eating what you have been eating before.

kot begemot
05-05-2004, 14:36
MM -- I also thought about the Atkins Diet, because I've seen it work wonders on others. But then I heard that no carbs = no beer. :eek: Forget that!! What are they joking???

J.D.
05-05-2004, 14:37
Len you may have noticed that the more urgent a project is the more nervous you are about it. It's no big surprise when you try to chat up some chick and she senses your nervousness and results in a big fat nothing (no pun intended). Well you may also know that certain machines can also sense this nervous energy, fax macnines, copy machines, computers, printers etc. The bigger hurry you are in the more nervous you are and the machines sense this nervousness, feed on it so to speak and work against you.

But I bet you didn't know that fat cells work exactly the same way. They sense your nervous energy and feed on it, literally. What you need is confidence or at least a good imitation there of. There is a diet that works on this principle. It is called 'Fat Busters'. The way it works is you eat all you want and as much as you want. This relaxes you and the fat cells don't sense any nervous energy. They also see plenty of available food and don't try to hoard it against future famine. You relax, the fat cells relax and YOU LOSE WEIGHT.

Try it.

Vanilla
05-05-2004, 14:39
The only way to reduce weight is to stop eating & start fing. TESTED!

P.S.
Here u may join your forces, guys.

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:39
Originally posted by Jet Li
MM, forget about the diet - you might even end up in worse condition than you were before you started - you will have to exercise, just do everything you did in the army. I am gonna be doing lots of it during the summer: running, survival courses, sky- and scuba-dyving, weight-lifting, martial arts. The great thing - you can just keep eating what you have been eating before.

JL, I know I know, I have started running in the morning, only about 2 oe 3 K's, the problem I have is time, I ain't got any...

I will start Golf this weekend, so that is a little bit of exercise, I would love to join you for the other stuff but I just don't think I will be able to dedicate to it...

Whereas a diet, well we will see, the beer thing will be my weakness, i love a pint :)

J.D.
05-05-2004, 14:41
You know Vanilla, I've been thinking about going on a diet. Could you meet me and explain this diet in detail?

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:42
Originally posted by J.D.
Len you may have noticed that the more urgent a project is the more nervous you are about it. It's no big surprise when you try to chat up some chick and she senses your nervousness and results in a big fat nothing (no pun intended). Well you may also know that certain machines can also sense this nervous energy, fax macnines, copy machines, computers, printers etc. The bigger hurry you are in the more nervous you are and the machines sense this nervousness, feed on it so to speak and work against you.

But I bet you didn't know that fat cells work exactly the same way. They sense your nervous energy and feed on it, literally. What you need is confidence or at least a good imitation there of. There is a diet that works on this principle. It is called 'Fat Busters'. The way it works is you eat all you want and as much as you want. This relaxes you and the fat cells don't sense any nervous energy. They also see plenty of available food and don't try to hoard it against future famine. You relax, the fat cells relax and YOU LOSE WEIGHT.

Try it.

Hmmm, maybe, but ermm, where is the proof of this....

I have the confidence, I am just a realist :)

allice
05-05-2004, 14:42
What V says + reduce alcohol intake, which, in my case, varies for the colder and the warmer parts of the year. I know I know --shame, but I can't stay off wine when it's cold outside :rolleyes: alchie me :rolleyes: and don't even mention all those long islands I had this fall/winter season :shame: :D

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:43
Originally posted by Vanilla

P.S.

Sounds more fun.... perhaps we can call this the Vandiet...

Please miss, can you give me instructions :)

J.D.
05-05-2004, 14:43
The proof is in the pudding.

allice
05-05-2004, 14:45
later ladies and gents -- I'm off shopping -- that's supposed to be the exercise :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

:agree:

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:46
later ladies and gents -- I'm off shopping -- that's supposed to be the exercise :D :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

:agree:

Hmm, buy me something sexy ;)

Jet
05-05-2004, 14:46
Vanilla: "Here u may join your forces, guys."

What do you mean?? odin raz - ne pidor?

ReturnOfBroadmoor
05-05-2004, 14:47
I use South Beach - have lost about 15 kilos since November. My digestive system could not handle Atkins :(.

allice
05-05-2004, 14:48
Hmm, buy me something sexy ;)

No -- YOU buy ME something sexy ;)

Jet
05-05-2004, 14:49
Hey, BB, that's very cool!

ReturnOfBroadmoor
05-05-2004, 14:50

P.S.

A f'ing orgy? But you seem to suggest guys on guys. SirGay, who has disappeared ever since having been outed, is the only one interested in this.

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 14:50
No -- YOU buy ME something sexy ;)

Ohh OK, but ya gotta come with me to select it ;)

alterego
05-05-2004, 14:56
Don't do it jd. f***ing is not what you think it is.
I went out with her this diet sure enough she didn't eat and she farted on me.

J.D.
05-05-2004, 14:59
Hmmmm . . .
Well Vanilla, maybe you'd like for me to show you my diet instead?

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 15:15
Vanilla... hmm, I wonder if I can have that in my diet :)

J.D.
05-05-2004, 15:23
Len, weren't you listening?
Beer is 110% carbohydrates.
You stick to your diet and i will stick to Vanilla, I mean mine.

Braders
05-05-2004, 15:26
Lee, you skinnyassed mancunian :D :p :D

Hey! where did that come from cheeky ;)

I'll have you know i weigh in at 90Kg's, am 6ft 2 in height so i am 1 Kg overweight, Len where do i sign up? ;)

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 15:28
Originally posted by Braders

I'll have you know i weigh in at 90Kg's, am 6ft 2 in height so i am 1 Kg overweight, Len where do i sign up? ;)

Consider yourself signed old chap :)

NO BEEEEERRRRR

J.D.
05-05-2004, 15:45
I don't really care about that number on the scale but I really miss my flat stomache. I know I won't get it back without some incentive, my vanity is not enough. So how bout a contest? Deterimine the amount we should lose and winning will be based on a percentage there of.

moscowmail
05-05-2004, 15:51
Originally posted by J.D.
I don't really care about that number on the scale but I really miss my flat stomache. I know I won't get it back without some incentive, my vanity is not enough. So how bout a contest? Deterimine the amount we should lose and winning will be based on a percentage there of.

Interesting....

Maybe even a Mr. Expat.ru muscleman sorta thing.... hmm and a miss. Expat.ru.....

Hmmm

J.D.
05-05-2004, 16:21
miss expat.ru!

Yeah, I'd go off my diet for that.

Have you considered the legal implications?
I mean does she legally have to be an expat or just a member of expat.ru?
Maybe allice can give us a legal opinion on that.
No she can't because as a potential canidate it would be conflict of interest.
We're gonna have to drink a lot of beer to sort these issues out Len so we better get started.

pengwn9
05-05-2004, 16:30
Body parts never seem to do what you want 'em to.

I lost a bunch of weight last fall, and what happened? Boobs evaporated, my butt bones looked like I was a starving cow, and the stomach stayed exactly as as before. Still had to squeeze the belly in my jeans like trying to zipper up an overstuffed suitcase.

Just wait till you hit the higher side of 40. It gets nothing but worse.

It's like my husband says--he's got chest of drawers disease. What was once up on his chest is now down in his drawers.

J.D.
05-05-2004, 16:35
I've contemplated liposuction. Just suck out my waste. Actually my chest and arms look better when I'm a bit heavy (my butt handles it well too) but damn I hate sitting down and having part of my gut being on top of my belt.

Vanilla
05-05-2004, 17:39
Sounds more fun.... perhaps we can call this the Vandiet...

Please miss, can you give me instructions :)

Oh, dear, which part of the diet is still not clear for you. Do tell.

:confused:

J.D.
05-05-2004, 17:44
I nominate Vanilla for Miss Expat.ru

Vanilla
05-05-2004, 17:46
[QUOTE]Originally posted by allice
[B]What V says + reduce alcohol intake, which, in my case, varies for the colder and the warmer parts of the year.

What actually influences me most is the warmer\ colder parts of those rubbing near neighbors at the bar counter. In Russian it is . :shame:

Vanilla
05-05-2004, 17:51
Vanilla... hmm, I wonder if I can have that in my diet :)
Each medicine has the major component in it. It is called an Active Ingredient (AI). Just think, how fair and applicable it sounds.

lochnessmonster
05-05-2004, 20:17
Len, it's not just about the diet. You really need to do some form of exercise, and something you enjoy. Not to blow my own trumpet, but three months ago I went to a gym, did one sit up, felt totally miserable and went home and had a pizza! three months later, I have lost 23kilos, mostly fat (and a bit off my ears, too), but feel completely amazing. Your energy will be sky high, and your testosterone will be plopping out of your ears. I don't know about Atkins being too useful, but whatevery you do, don't ONLY focus on the diet, you really need to get movin' mate!

Sadie
06-05-2004, 09:47
I am personally sick of diets, I love to eat!!!! Well, I try to avoid meat and bread, but it's not a solution of this problem.

But! I hired an incredible masseur. It's bloody painful in the beginning, but it works perfectly well and... FAST !!

Gym is great of course, but am too lazy for it right now.. Plus it doesn't give 100% results :(

Ghost
06-05-2004, 10:56
Originally posted by Sadie
But! I hired an incredible masseur. It's bloody painful in the beginning, but it works perfectly well and... FAST !!

Must...resist.......

must....not....comment.....

Argh! I just can't let this go.

You cannot get a massage and lose weight. This was ridiculous the day you told me and still is now! Besides, what weight do you have to lose? The only person who weighs less than you is Heyzeus.

moscowmail
06-05-2004, 11:03
Originally posted by lochnessmonster
Len, it's not just about the diet. You really need to do some form of exercise, and something you enjoy. Not to blow my own trumpet, but three months ago I went to a gym, did one sit up, felt totally miserable and went home and had a pizza! three months later, I have lost 23kilos, mostly fat (and a bit off my ears, too), but feel completely amazing. Your energy will be sky high, and your testosterone will be plopping out of your ears. I don't know about Atkins being too useful, but whatevery you do, don't ONLY focus on the diet, you really need to get movin' mate!

I agree,

Actually one of my mates called me after reading this and he and I are going for a run tomorrow morning at 7 AM if anyone wants to join us.

I have researched and decided that the atkins diet aint for me, I am going to start fitness stuff, and healthy eating, no beer.... hmmm, well we will see :) and generally keeping healthy.

So, still intend to loose the weight through diet and exercize, if anyone wants to suggest a diet, bring it on, if anyone wants to join the expat.ru running team... hmmm, well we wil start off as the walk and crawl team :) then drop me a line.

I wil lbe off line most of today, I have got to go and play Golf, shame huh :)

Sadie
06-05-2004, 11:16
Originally posted by Ghost
Must...resist.......

must....not....comment.....

Argh! I just can't let this go.

You cannot get a massage and lose weight. This was ridiculous the day you told me and still is now! Besides, what weight do you have to lose? The only person who weighs less than you is Heyzeus.

Dear Ghost,

You would be surprised to learn, that whatever ridiculous it sounds to you or anybody else, it nevertheless works. The massage is real tough, the masseur beats you literally (to the certain extent of c.), which attracts blood to your skin and helps to get rid of fat under the skin, I wont go into details as I hate physiology. I am not aiming to convince you, as it the mission would be impracticable when you disagree..

Also I lost 5 kg this month and am exclusively pleased to know its almost invisible. You made my day :)

Beated within an inch to my life,
broke
yet not slim

- Sadie -

moscowmail
06-05-2004, 11:23
Dear Ghost,

You would be surprised to learn, that whatever ridiculous it sounds to you or anybody else, it nevertheless works. The massage is real tough, the masseur beats you literally (to the certain extent of c.), which attracts blood to your skin and helps to get rid of fat under the skin, I wont go into details as I hate physiology. I am not aiming to convince you, as it the mission would be impracticable when you disagree..

Also I lost 5 kg this month and am exclusively pleased to know its almost invisible. You made my day :)

Beated within an inch to my life,
broke
yet not slim

- Sadie -

Actually, i have a massage lady who says it is true, 2 years ago when I ran the Moscow Marathon and training for it put a bit of strain on my feeble muscles, my massage bird gave me some sort of massage that helps loose weight, maybe it was bull, but it hurt and felt reaaaalll good :)

Alethea
06-05-2004, 12:11

Also I lost 5 kg this month and am exclusively pleased

- Sadie -

Sadie,

I take it this guy (a masseur) is handy .

May I know his phone number?

Ghost
06-05-2004, 13:36
Sadie,

If you read all of my post instead of jumping right to the argument (shocker, that) you'd have seen where I said "What weight do you have to lose?" In otherwords, I already think you're perfect. Nothing more is needed. And you did NOT lose 5 kg in the last week.

Actually, i have a massage lady who says it is true

Yeah, and I can find people in Africa who think Coca Cola is a potion that causes instant cancer, too.

allice
06-05-2004, 17:24
[QUOTE]Originally posted by allice
[B]What V says + reduce alcohol intake, which, in my case, varies for the colder and the warmer parts of the year.

What actually influences me most is the warmer\ colder parts of those rubbing near neighbors at the bar counter. In Russian it is . :shame:

:D :D :D :D

allice
06-05-2004, 17:32
Ohh OK, but ya gotta come with me to select it ;)

where to? :D

allice
06-05-2004, 17:34
Originally posted by Braders

but you do have a zhivotik! THERE!! :p

Hick_hop
06-05-2004, 17:38
MM, You gotta remember too that your metabolism goes haywire when you give up smoking. You eat more because food tastes again, and your appetite is not surpressed by the nicotine. This just makes it more important to keep jogging / running / walking and keep tanked up on water. Keep some seriously low cal / low fat munchies on hand like carrots, grapes, fruits and stay away from the ice cream...:p

Sadie
06-05-2004, 17:42
Originally posted by Alethea
Sadie,

I take it this guy (a masseur) is handy .

May I know his phone number?

Alethea, how do I PM you the details when ur PM box is full I wonder?;)

-Sadiechka-

Sadie
06-05-2004, 17:47
Originally posted by Ghost
Sadie,

If you read all of my post instead of jumping right to the argument (shocker, that) you'd have seen where I said "What weight do you have to lose?" ... And you did NOT lose 5 kg in the last week.

Ghost,
if you read all of my post instead of jumping right to the argument (shocker, that) you'd have seen where I said "5 kilos last MONTH". Plus.. can't get it.. how do YOU know :rolleyes: :p Intuition? :confused: :)

moscowmail
07-05-2004, 10:26
Now now children...

OK, started the running thingy, had a few PM's asking if they could join in, sooo I will start a new thread on this, btw, went at 7 AM this morning with me mate Davey, we did about 4 km, ran all the way ... amazing :)

I am not going on the Takins thingy, I am going to have a balanced diet, and exercise :)

moscowmail
11-05-2004, 09:33
OKi doki, I have moved this to the expat cafe folder, seems more suited there.

Well, second time of running, again 7 AM this morning, me and me mucker David gently jogged along the Embankment, not as warm as Friday but great.

So anyone wanna join for tomorrow?

Meet in front of the Ukrainian Hotel, on the Embankment, where the boats anchor, I will be there at 7 AM, David can't come for 2 weeks, no hot water at home and he is far to much of a wimp to have cold showers, so he is going to the gym, so I am on me lonesome, would appreciate the company, preferably not super fit peeps :)

Teutonic Deity
24-05-2004, 01:52
Justification for beer and Ice cream! But stay away from the pizza!

As we all know, it takes 1 calorie to heat 1 gram of water 1 degree centigrade. Translated into meaningful terms, this means that if you eat a very cold dessert (generally consisting of water in large part), the natural processes which raise the consumed dessert to body temperature during the digestive cycle literally sucks the calories out of the only available source, your body fat.

For example, a dessert served and eaten at near 0 degrees C (32.2 deg. F) will in a short time be raised to the normal body temperature of 37 degrees C (98.6 deg. F). For each gram of dessert eaten, that process takes approximately 37 calories as stated above. The average dessert portion is 6 oz, or 168 grams. Therefore, by operation of thermodynamic law, 6,216 calories (1 cal./gm/deg. x 37 deg. x 168 gms) are extracted from body fat as the dessert's temperature is normalized.

Allowing for the 1,200 latent calories in the dessert, the net calorie loss is approximately 5,000 calories.

Obviously, the more cold dessert you eat,the better off you are and the faster you will lose weight, if that is your goal.

This process works equally well when drinking very cold beer in frosted glasses. Each ounce of beer contains 16 latent calories, but extracts 1,036 calories (6,216 cal. per 6 oz. portion) in the temperature normalizing process. Thus the net calorie loss per ounce of beer is 1,020 calories. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to calculate that 12,240 calories (12 oz. x 1,020 cal./oz.) are extracted from the body in the process of drinking a can of beer.

Frozen desserts, e.g., ice cream, are even more beneficial, since it takes 83 cal./gm to melt them (i.e., raise them to 0 deg. C) and an additional 37 cal./gm to further raise them to body temperature. The results here are really remarkable, and it beats running hands down.

Unfortunately, for those who eat pizza as an excuse to drink beer, pizza (loaded with latent calories and served above body temperature) induces an opposite effect. But, thankfully, as the astute reader should have already reasoned, the obvious solution is to drink a lot of beer with pizza and follow up immediately with large bowls of ice cream.

We could all be thin if we were to adhere religiously to a pizza, beer, and ice cream diet.

Happy eating!

moscowmail
24-05-2004, 09:32
Hmmm, well to be honest I haven't stopped the beer, I drink a litte less, just keeping down on my normal glutonous consumption of food and drink. running and playing a lot of Golf, lost 6 kilos in 3 weeks, I am happy with that, my life style hasn't really changed but my clothes are getting less ermm tight :)

Aiming at another 9 kilos over the next 6 months and I will be happy, then ... try and stop smoking... :(

Viagra Girl
24-05-2004, 10:29
Perfect Diet - perfect for you and your pocket. You can eat what ever you want, but for one $ per day. Works wonderfully.

lucytupper
24-05-2004, 10:37
This diet works EVERYTIME!!

More calories IN - less calories OUT = weight gain.

Less calories IN - more calories OUT = weight loss.

Simple equation. Startling results.