PDA

View Full Version : Get together EXPATS

cdiez
06-05-2008, 17:48
Hello everyone,

Just arrived a week ago and have met a couple of new friends in the city. Looking at meeting somewhere in Moscow Thursday nite as it is a holiday on Friday. Let me know if you are interested in joining or if you are aware of any popular spots for people between the ages of late 20's to late 30's.

Cheers,
Camina

Danysh
06-05-2008, 19:42
I'm in!

cheers,
d

RRM
06-05-2008, 20:34
Some of us are meeting at the Louisiana Steak House at 8 PM. What to join ? Thats on thursday.

Hello everyone,

Just arrived a week ago and have met a couple of new friends in the city. Looking at meeting somewhere in Moscow Thursday nite as it is a holiday on Friday. Let me know if you are interested in joining or if you are aware of any popular spots for people between the ages of late 20's to late 30's.

Cheers,
Camina

tonihax
07-05-2008, 10:43
Some of us are meeting at the Louisiana Steak House at 8 PM. What to join ? Thats on thursday.

I am just wondering, no one in this site who has interests in good music?
My god, you re so boring :11513: (nothing personal with you RRM)...all the time runing after grill and beers!!! :groan:

RRM
07-05-2008, 11:02
Well there was an invite and I accepted and I had to know people first before I can suggest the Night Flight or something.
I actually prefer sports to play as a get-together.

My god, you re so boring :11513: (nothing personal with you RRM)...all the time runing after grill and beers!!! :groan:

Ryabenko
07-05-2008, 11:31

I might join you, but only after 9pm. What's the address of the Louisiana Steak House?

Thanks.

RRM
07-05-2008, 11:34
Louisiana Steakhouse Moscow (http://louisianasteakhouse.com/uk/aanpassen/welc_txt_uk_.htm)
We are 10 so far. If you are going to join, Mirka is making reservations today for 9 PM I believe.

I might join you, but only after 9pm. What's the address of the Louisiana Steak House?

Thanks.

Mirka
07-05-2008, 11:48
Dear all. I have just booked the table at Louisiana stake house. I made the reservation for 10 people, but I believe that some more will find additional chairs. Reservation is on my name. I said that will slowly come from 8 to 9 pm. Here is address and how to get there.
Louisiana Steakhouse Moscow (http://louisianasteakhouse.com/uk/index_uk.htm)
C U tomorrow whoever will come.
Mirka

Orion
07-05-2008, 12:23

Loud music doesn't exactly make it easy for strangers to converse and get to know each other...

I would say: Conversation first...dancing second.

RRM
07-05-2008, 13:32
Thank you, that is a good reason as well. You wont know a person well in such places as well.

Loud music doesn't exactly make it easy for strangers to converse and get to know each other...

tonihax
07-05-2008, 16:20

Dancing second? in expat.ru case i would say: DANCING NEVER!
never heard you guys get together to dance or just listening to music. However i am not going to argue with people about their priorities. ENJOY YOUR STEAKS

Orion
07-05-2008, 16:41
Dancing second? in expat.ru case i would say: DANCING NEVER!
never heard you guys get together to dance or just listening to music. However i am not going to argue with people about their priorities. ENJOY YOUR STEAKS

There's nothing wrong with good music...it just seems that years ago somebody lost the universal volume control and has never been able to find it since.

I was at dinner the other night...in a restuarant, not a club...and once the band started I couldn't even talk to the person sitting right next to me. Literally right beside me. We had to talk quickly in between songs until they took a break.

And this isn't something that is unique to Moscow...it's everywhere.

RRM
07-05-2008, 16:44
I totally agree. It seems to me that they seem proud to show of their sound system.
Besides I have nothing against Dancing or Music when you already know people to go with.

There's nothing wrong with good music...it just seems that years ago somebody lost the universal volume control and has never been able to find it since.

I was at dinner the other night...in a restuarant, not a club...and once the band started I couldn't even talk to the person sitting right next to me. Literally right beside me. We had to talk quickly in between songs until they took a break.

And this isn't something that is unique to Moscow...it's everywhere.

Div
07-05-2008, 22:35
OK, I will be there.
Thanks for making the reservation.

RRM
08-05-2008, 09:29
Metro: Novokuznetskaya, Tret’yakovskaya,
Address: Pyatnitskaya str. 30, bld. 4 (10 min. from the Kremlin, cente)

Thanks.

RRM
08-05-2008, 09:30
Okay see you there. The reservation is under Mirka and I probaly be there around 8 with my party.

OK, I will be there.
Thanks for making the reservation.

elis
08-05-2008, 12:57
Is there room for 2 more?

RRM
08-05-2008, 13:00
Surely we can accomodate.

Is there room for 2 more?

LalaLu
08-05-2008, 20:49
Saddly, I read just now this thread. I would have love to come but is too late now. Good that I have some guiness in my fridge.
Elis, I hope I will see you soon. Next time when something like this is coming up, please let me know.

have fun