PDA

View Full Version : Moscow move

Alejandra Shashoua
29-04-2004, 19:22
Hi! I'm moving to Moscow in July--and am very excited about it. I lived in Moscow for a couple of years over 10 years ago and I'm ready for a few more years of Moscow madness. Thing is, this time I'm coming with my husband and two boys (aged 5 and almost 4). Can anyone please suggest where to start looking for a nanny/housekeeper/driver? Also, are there football, tennis and swimming classes for little ones? Lots to organise and not too sure where or how to start....

DaveUKagain
29-04-2004, 19:32
The search function here would be a great starting place, Alejandra. :D Congratulations, by the way. ;-)))))

Alejandra Shashoua
29-04-2004, 19:34
Thanks! Very excited.

Pingu
29-04-2004, 20:43
Check your PM - I just sent you some contact information to help get you started. :)

And definitely do a search - loads of useful information has already been given here! :D

bonne
30-04-2004, 16:41
Dear Alejandra!

I am glad to inform you that our Company is ready to help you in
finding nanny for your children, but most of all I would like to
inform you that we have 2 places in our a nursery for both of your children.
I assume that your children speak English and we
are proud to say that we have a proper English Nursery in Moscow. We work in summer. Please, visit our website: www.englishnursery.ru.
My personal e-mail:liubov@bonne-int.com, Our telephone number
is +7(095) 933-2893.
Best regards, Liuba
Bonne International

camus
30-04-2004, 22:41
Originally posted by Alejandra Shashoua
Hi! I'm moving to Moscow in July--and am very excited about it. I lived in Moscow for a couple of years over 10 years ago and I'm ready for a few more years of Moscow madness. Thing is, this time I'm coming with my husband and two boys (aged 5 and almost 4). Can anyone please suggest where to start looking for a nanny/housekeeper/driver? Also, are there football, tennis and swimming classes for little ones? Lots to organise and not too sure where or how to start....

I know there's a place in Yasenevo which gives group tennis lessons for children. The price is $12/hr. Let me know if you need more information.

Peter

Alejandra Shashoua
30-04-2004, 23:23
Yes, please. I would love more information....

camus
30-04-2004, 23:31
Originally posted by Alejandra Shashoua
Yes, please. I would love more information....

I'll look up their phone number. It's a Soviet-type establishment with surly receptionists and what not; at least it's cheap. Also, if you're interested in tennis (and read Russian), check out:

http://www.tennis-russia.ru/forum/forum/

Lots of trainers post here offering their services.

Peter

camus
30-04-2004, 23:33
Forgot to mention. I have a (fairly big) list of tennis courts in Moscow if that's of interest.

camus
30-04-2004, 23:42
Try these 3 numbers:

095/421-0020
095/421-6458
095/422-3939

I'm pretty sure it's one, some, or all of these as all the tennis courts in Yasenevo that I am aware of are adjunct to children's tennis schools.

Peter

DaveUKagain
01-05-2004, 00:17
You`ll find the occaisional driver advertising on Expat, Alejandra, but they tend to be expensive. C`mon, dive into the site, get involved, we`re all (mainly) nice here and don`t bite.. much. :D

Alejandra Shashoua
01-05-2004, 00:32
This site is brilliant!! Some say 'once bitten, twice shy' but I'm more for the 'nothing ventured, nothing gained' approach. Plus, life in Moscow is all about swimming in the deep end. Is that why it's so addictive? Thanks for the tennis information. I'll call them (I do speak Russian)--I've missed surly babushkas answering my questions. And, yes, I'm using the search engine. I might have found a nanny. How cool is that?!

cyclby
01-05-2004, 08:25
Right about now is when I make one of my cynical "what the heck are you thinking" comments but I will refrain.

Welcome back, this site is a great resource if sometimes a bit saucy. It even helped me transition from the Russian Far East where I had spent all my time previous. Just about any question about Moscow can be answered here. Keep your eye on services and information forums.
Regards,
C