PDA

View Full Version : Official passport attestation/translation: where?

alekto
04-05-2008, 19:36
Hi all,

I've looked around the forum and haven't really found anything that quite answers my question, so here I am posting.

I am in the middle of doing several big organisational things (though not temp. res. yet) and am facing being without my passport for most of May while my company get my new visa sorted.

This is going to cause problems, so I want an official stamped and attested copy made to use for admin and paperwork...and while I'm at it, I'll need a translated version soon enough too.

I have no idea where to go or even how to start, so pointers please . I don't know any lawyers and the company I work for is very small and deals with it's own paperwork most of the time so they can not advise me....I could just really do with someone out there telling me where they went to get their stuff done.

If it helps any, I'm a UK citizen. :uk:

Thanks in advance... :bowdown:

04-05-2008, 21:10
You can do a translated copy (into Russian) of your passport in all notaries. Tell them to put the page where your visa is, also.

Find a notary? Quite every street has one. You can also look near metro exit, some people often carry advertising for translation and notarized services.

But in case of control, such a notarized copy/translation is juridically not valid. It will be your job to... make it valid by... talking with the militsia...