PDA

View Full Version : Russian Language Courses

mtlreise22
03-05-2008, 00:04
I'd like to get some recommendations on programs for intensive Russian language summer courses in St. Petersburg. I need a program that has flexible dates and accommodates intermediate speakers (I've taken two years of university-level Russian). I've come across Nevsky Institute, SPB University Special Dept of Philology, and Herzen - but are there others? And which of these would you recommend? Thanks!

ppc
15-05-2008, 21:14
I'd like to get some recommendations on programs for intensive Russian language summer courses in St. Petersburg. I need a program that has flexible dates and accommodates intermediate speakers (I've taken two years of university-level Russian). I've come across Nevsky Institute, SPB University Special Dept of Philology, and Herzen - but are there others? And which of these would you recommend? Thanks!

The University Dept of Philology is the top one.

DDT
18-05-2008, 19:27
What exactly constitutes an "intensive Russian" course? I went to a small private school called the Derzhavin Institute on Fontanka, for a while. I can't say if it was good or bad because I went no where else, so I have nothing to compare it to. I took 20 hours a week of Russian there but they have other options too.