PDA

View Full Version : no hot water site-schedule of shutoffs

kazachka
01-05-2008, 15:44
who has the magic link where I can check to see when my hot water will go??I am usually out of water most of May.

Judge
01-05-2008, 18:08
who has the magic link where I can check to see when my hot water will go??I am usually out of water most of May.

Great, that time of the year again.:cry::cry:
Before I used do my visa run around the water cut off,the last 2 years I have been caught out.

kazachka
01-05-2008, 18:42
indeed it is ...joy joy:cry::rant::thumbdwn:

elis
01-05-2008, 18:50
Husband and I have been planning how to "cope." The plan so far is, to fill the tub with water at night, so it might be about room temp by morning. Then add some boiled water from the stove. But that's a bath for one. So, repeat same during day, and the other person gets their bath in the evening.

Also, planning on fillling those 5 liter water bottles and placing them on the balcony in the sunshine to get warm.

Warm, or room temp, has got to be better than ice cold out of the faucet.

Judge
01-05-2008, 19:10
:jester::jester::jester:

http://www.cissrl.it/images/pentola.jpg

RRM
01-05-2008, 20:44
The best thing to do is to go to the fitness club in the morning. Second, is go to the Banya during this time. This is what most Russian do.

elis
01-05-2008, 20:50
The best thing to do is to go to the fitness club in the morning. Second, is go to the Banya during this time. This is what most Russian do.

...that only works if you belong to a fitness club. Also, it seems somewhat cumbersome to have to leave your home on a daily basis for bathing purposes.

RRM
01-05-2008, 20:56
...that only works if you belong to a fitness club. Also, it seems somewhat cumbersome to have to leave your home on a daily basis for bathing purposes.

I only thought this was for a few days, not ? I live in a really old apartment and the system here is better. You actually light the furnace in the morning and you get hot water regardless of what the city has. I shut off the gas to the furnace when I am done.

RRM
01-05-2008, 20:58

Elis, different subject...is that your dog for real ?

elis
01-05-2008, 21:18
I only thought this was for a few days, not ? I live in a really old apartment and the system here is better. You actually light the furnace in the morning and you get hot water regardless of what the city has. I shut off the gas to the furnace when I am done.

I've heard that it's for 3 weeks. Lucky you that you don't run out of hot water. Maybe we'll all come to your place to shower!! :mml:

Elis, different subject...is that your dog for real ?

Indeed!! Isn't she scrumptious?

RRM
01-05-2008, 21:23
I've heard that it's for 3 weeks. Lucky you that you don't run out of hot water. Maybe we'll all come to your place to shower!! :mml:

Indeed!! Isn't she scrumptious?

Well I live quite far otherwise I would have said go for it !!! I dont even shower at my place, I go the fitness club near work and shower there. I think if I move from here to another apartment I should plan my annual holiday around this time to avoid dealing with the shower issue.

Yes she is beautiful.
I have two huge ones, a Great Pyrenees and a tall American Lab. Athletic ones and thats why I cant live near my place of work and have to live hear parks or trails.

MissAnnElk
01-05-2008, 23:01
Was it my imagination, or did the Central Heat go off today . . . finally . . .???

elis
01-05-2008, 23:29
Was it my imagination, or did the Central Heat go off today . . . finally . . .???

Our heat went off on Monday.

MissAnnElk
01-05-2008, 23:31
Ours is definately off now. It wasn't earlier.

02-05-2008, 02:15
zzz...

02-05-2008, 02:18
Here is the database, a zip file with 9 html pages by sector:

1 * ЦАО (Центральный Административный округ)
2 * САО (Северный Административный округ)
3 * СВАО (Северо-Восточный Административный округ)
4 * ВАО (Восточный Административный округ)
5 * ЮВАО (Юго-Восточный Административный округ)
6 * ЮАО (Южный Административный округ)
7 * ЮЗАО (Юго-Западный Административный округ)
8 * ЗАО (Западный Административный округ)
9 * СЗАО (Северо-Западный Административный округ)

Enjoy cold showers :)

mamita
02-05-2008, 07:32
People, there is a very simple heating device that i have seen sold in numerous stores (even mom and pop ones) here in frozen Siberia...(where we still have heat and it still snows).....and it is a heating element, that you can plug into a scoket and dip the heating end onto a bowl or container of water (do not use a metal one)....and a few minutes later you have very hot water. This is just like have a giant kettle. so you can fill up your bath, plug in your heater and hey presto. you can even have the water at what ever temp you need it....but taking the element out once it gets to desired temp.

However, I am not sure how thses things have improved, but remeber to be careful using it.... no metal, wear shoes or slippers or somethinga nd for God's sake's do not throw the whole thing into the water. Now if anyone finds it in Moscow and tries it, and it works out.... let us know. stay warm.