PDA

View Full Version : First of May!!!

jumatre
01-05-2008, 10:23
Saw just now from my window in tverskaya yamskaya the demonstration for the first of may... a nice and very colourful manifestation. A lot more people then last year, specially the United Russia block (remembered me of former times)

What is your feeling about the 1st of May? I remember when I was living in Germany, we went on April 30th to the parties (Dance into the First of May or The Night of the Witches) and went from there directly to the demonstrations, sleepy and not very fit at all.

EL PUEBLO UNIDO JAMAS SERA VENCIDO!! Yes, those were the days...

01-05-2008, 11:11
> EL PUEBLO UNIDO JAMAS SERA VENCIDO!!

That is what Cubans shout during demonstrations to the Glory of Fidel, before the girls go on the Malecon sell their body for $10 to be able to feed their family.

jumatre
01-05-2008, 11:37
> EL PUEBLO UNIDO JAMAS SERA VENCIDO!!

That is what Cubans shout during demonstrations to the Glory of Fidel, before the girls go on the Malecon sell their body for $10 to be able to feed their family.

For 10 US$ they rent (not sell, guest) it to russian tourists... (solidarity and gratitude-tariffs, I suppose because all the best Cuba received from outside was from the former Ussr) For westerners the taxes are higher as I heard...