PDA

View Full Version : Teutonic Deity, please forgive us

Olga
28-04-2004, 02:05
Please forgive those of us who abused the edit/delete function. I thinks they've learnt the lesson by now:bookworm: and will not do it again. Could you give it back to us?

This a very interesting board, with so many great features, and each one of them adds its special part to the 'big fun' we are having here, thanks to YOU!

Please don't take our 'toys' from us forever:cry:

Limitchik
28-04-2004, 08:57
No way, TD. Leave it up please. I think it's fannnnnnntastic. None of the nuts (ain't gonna name any names) can delete their posts. Makes you think twice.

Only thing I might suggest is increasing the edit time. Some posts require edits more than a day later (like when you're selling something).

Otherwise, I vote keep it.

alterego
28-04-2004, 09:42
T.D. please forgive me for dorking you in the poop shoot. I promise never to do it again. Now if you will just turn around, drop your drawers and bend over I will prove it to you.

sevan
28-04-2004, 10:32
Keep it. What the f*ck is the deal here? You ask for something, you get it, and then you ask for it to be taken away?

moscowmail
28-04-2004, 10:52
Hmm, very intersting, all that crap and thena sorta retraction, at least Olga is finally admiting when she makes a mistake..... well this time anyway :)

J.D.
28-04-2004, 10:55
I think it's great that every one has lost their deletion priviledges. That is I'm delighted everyone else did but not that I did. Do you think you could just give me deletion priviledges. I'll give you an apology, a promise AND 5 bucks.

moscowmail
28-04-2004, 11:33
Originally posted by J.D.
I think it's great that every one has lost their deletion priviledges. That is I'm delighted everyone else did but not that I did. Do you think you could just give me deletion priviledges. I'll give you an apology, a promise AND 5 bucks.

ermm,... $50 :)

If anyone needs anything deleted, contact a moderator, not me from tomorrow for a week as I will be in the uK :)

DPG
28-04-2004, 11:37
Keep it as it is - after an inordinately long thread going over and over it, a conclusion was reached that has worked, ergo, the idiots who used to post things and delete them all later don't (because you can't!!) and also it has made people think slightly harder about what they write before they press "post"...

Olga
28-04-2004, 13:25
Sevan, "I asked for something - I got it"? you are confusing me with somebody else, I NEVER asked to disable delete function or to introduce time limits for editing.
MM, what mistake did I make that I "admitted" now? I never abused edit/delete (hardly ever used it because I do "think twice" before I post:) I said "those of us" and "they".

DPG, do you realize that if we remove all the post complaining about how long the thread is, it becomes twice shorter? (And if we remove all complaints saying "The subject you discuss doesn't interest ME..." hell it would be a perfect board then:)

"Contact moderator about deleting" doesn't seem to work. Right in this folder there's a special thread (where a moderator posted too), MSK asked to delete some things, and it's still there in Pets and Buy/sell.

If anybody is curious why I am so concerned about "fairness and justice", OK I'll tell you: I'll have a baby soon, and I want this world to be as perfect as possible for him. Unreasonable I know.. (But it will change, I hope:)

MM, could we see new pictures of your cute boy?:)

moscowmail
28-04-2004, 13:29
Hmmm, if you PM a mod' then he should respond.

Pic, I wil try and post later this week, mega busy before going to see my other 2 kids, daughters in the UK :) have'nt seen them since October and they don't know about my boy Luke John Leonardivich :)

sevan
28-04-2004, 15:03
Originally posted by Olga
If anybody is curious why I am so concerned about "fairness and justice", OK I'll tell you: I'll have a baby soon, and I want this world to be as perfect as possible for him. Unreasonable I know.. (But it will change, I hope:)

Well, don't let the kid on expat.ru and everything should be fine. ;)

Sadie
28-04-2004, 15:33
I personally don't like it that u deleted the option to delete the posts. Maybe we should have voted? Or we have and I missed that?

I can't add pics to my posts if I posted without any from the beginning. B4 i just deleted the post and added a pic.

And why not to delete the posts I chto-to can't get it? If anyone wants to delete what he wrote all he has to do is just replace it with some fignia. *shrug*

Braders
29-04-2004, 17:24
Like Len said if you want a post or thread that 'You' started deleted then please contact us via PM, this is a better solution becasue we sometimes miss requests amongst the hustle and bustle of this forum ;)

Just copy and paste the URL into your PM, this makes it much easier and saves time for us.

Cheers.