PDA

View Full Version : Night in a museum

kassandra
30-04-2008, 11:15
Have seen an ad about a special event in the Burganov museum wich will be carried out in the night, 17-18 of may. Sounds exciting!! To see ststues in moonlight.. Wow!
Does anybody know this place? Any feedback?
Is it an annual event?

Orion
30-04-2008, 11:45
I thought it was a pretty good movie...but they could have skipped over the namby-pamby first part about how Ben Stiller's character was a failed father. Did we really need that? They just should have gotten him the job and taken the kid along for fun one night. Instead they wasted a 15 minutes. Other than that I liked it.

Oh, wait, you're meaning something else entirely. My appologies...got confused! :)

kassandra
30-04-2008, 12:04
I thought it was a pretty good movie...but they could have skipped over the namby-pamby first part about how Ben Stiller's character was a failed father. Did we really need that? They just should have gotten him the job and taken the kid along for fun one night. Instead they wasted a 15 minutes. Other than that I liked it.

Oh, wait, you're meaning something else entirely. My appologies...got confused! :)

:) :) :)
I ment real night in the real museum. Is it worth to come? Your thouts on the matter?

in lieu of flowers
30-04-2008, 13:13
It's not only this museum that will be open overnight. It's most museums in Moscow. Яндекс.Дни исторического и культурного наследия Москвы (http://18.yandex.ru/)

Orion
30-04-2008, 14:29
I don't know. I have never heard of such a thing but it might be interesting. Certainly it will be a different experience.

Is this your solution to how to get your guy to take you out when you are looking beautiful and he isn't working?

hazelnut
30-04-2008, 15:20
Sorry to disappoint you, but dont expect anything particulary exciting. First, the Moscow museums will only be open till midnight, and then there will be crowds of people there. Dont know about the Bourganovs house, but
last year on that day I tried to get into The State Museum of the Fine Arts and ended up standing in a vast queue. At about 9 pm it was announced that they would only be letting people in till 9.30. Since I was still very far from the entrance (the queue was stretching for some 500 meters, even making it to the next street!) and since my desire to get there (I had been to the museum actually for some several times before) had completely vanished by that time, I left with no regrets.

So, I think the best decision would be to come to a museum on a regular day, pay the fee, which is not that big in the Moscows museums, and enjoy the exibition with no trouble involved.

hazelnut
30-04-2008, 15:22
Anyway, here is the link:
http://www.burganov.ru/enew/about/musgnrlinf.htm

:)

kassandra
30-04-2008, 15:29
Is this your solution to how to get your guy to take you out when you are looking beautiful and he isn't working?[/QUOTE]

Hahaha!:Loco::Loco:
That thread was assigned only to girls!

It`s pretty nice way to have revenge - give him a deadly fright springing from behind a statue in moonlight shadow:vampire:
But Ive got annoyed with him already and not interested in feud, not mention my kindness and heartiness :) Just curios about museum as such

kassandra
30-04-2008, 15:32
Sorry to disappoint you, but dont expect anything particulary exciting. First, the Moscow museums will only be open till midnight, and then there will be crowds of people there. Dont know about the Bourganovs house, but
last year on that day I tried to get into The State Museum of the Fine Arts and ended up standing in a vast queue. At about 9 pm it was announced that they would only be letting people in till 9.30. Since I was still very far from the entrance (the queue was stretching for some 500 meters, even making it to the next street!) and since my desire to get there (I had been to the museum actually for some several times before) had completely vanished by that time, I left with no regrets.

So, I think the best decision would be to come to a museum on a regular day, pay the fee, which is not that big in the Moscows museums, and enjoy the exibition with no trouble involved.

But I believe normally they`re closed during nights..

in lieu of flowers
30-04-2008, 16:12
I don't know. I have never heard of such a thing but it might be interesting. Certainly it will be a different experience.

Is this your solution to how to get your guy to take you out when you are looking beautiful and he isn't working?
More like a way to drag him into a museum when he least expects it.

Orion
30-04-2008, 17:51
That thread was assigned only to girls!

I've never been one for those kind of rules...

Orion
30-04-2008, 17:52
More like a way to drag him into a museum when he least expects it.

What about all those creepy eyes following you areound the place in the dark...

in lieu of flowers
30-04-2008, 17:54
What about all those creepy eyes following you areound the place in the dark...

whooo... think of all the exitement...

Orion
30-04-2008, 18:26
Maybe they could haul in some dry ice and make the floors all smokey.