PDA

View Full Version : Schengen Visa for Greece ?

emrahin83
28-04-2008, 16:58
Hello everybody,

I want to go to Greece but have no idea how to apply for the visa. I can get visa easily from Czech Republic Embassy but I cant enter to Greece with that visa, can I ? I enter Czech first right ? So how can I apply visa for Greece, should I have an appointment ? What kind of papers they ask for ?
Thanks for help !

RRM
28-04-2008, 17:03
If Czech Republic is Shengen then you can go to Greece as well and all the other Schengen countries. I dont think Czech is Schengen though (I might be wrong here) . Being a EU is not the same as Schengen.

RRM
28-04-2008, 17:04
These are the Schengen countries:

Austria
Germany
Belgium
Denmark
Finland
France
Greece
Iceland
Italy
Luxemburg
Norway
Portugal
Spain
Sweden
The Netherlands

MissAnnElk
28-04-2008, 17:18
Not any more:

On 21 December, nine new countries joined Europe's passport-free travel zone, the Schengen area: Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Slovenia and Slovakia and the Czech Republic. This means there will be no more border checks on people travelling between these and other Schengen countries by land or sea, and checks at airports are set to end in March 2008. Visitors from outside the EU need just one visa to travel to all Schengen states.

Schengen area expands (http://ec.europa.eu/news/justice/071221_1_en.htm)

emrahin83
29-04-2008, 11:05
Czech is schengen. But problem is some of those countries ask you to get visa just from their embassy. For example, you go spain but you get your visa from france as it is easier bla bla. Spain may not accept you ! For the first entry ! You need to join the EU boundries from France. Do you know anything about this issue ? If I have a schengen visa from czech can I enter greece first ?

Judge
29-04-2008, 11:35
Czech is schengen. But problem is some of those countries ask you to get visa just from their embassy. For example, you go spain but you get your visa from france as it is easier bla bla. Spain may not accept you ! For the first entry ! You need to join the EU boundries from France. Do you know anything about this issue ? If I have a schengen visa from czech can I enter greece first ?

If Greece is your MAIN ( first entry) destination you Must get your Schengen visa from Greek embassy.
The country where you will spend most of your time is the place where you should apply for your visa.

Many people do get their Schengen visa from different embassies and abuse the system and get away with it,but others have been caught and get black listed..
It's not worth the risk.

It's is better that you play it safe and follow the Shengen Visa rules.

RRM
29-04-2008, 13:30
The easiest thing to do is go to the Greek Embassy and ask what you need for a visa. I am sure they need the same documentation as Czech.