PDA

View Full Version : Now that's weird

Sadie
25-04-2004, 11:16
It is ridiculous indeed. Checking a female folder yesterday night I was pleasantly surprised with the presence of a male moderator there. Now can anybody explain the idea of the female forum after that and the reasons why males have access to it and what is their business there at all? After all we are just normal ppl, and surprisingly moderators aren’t sexless creatures. Not that I doubt that they do not transmit information to the others, I respect you guys and what you do, but I consider it to be completely senseless. Well, my personal opinion on the lil incident that happened yesterday is known.

We have Polly and we are more than fine with her.
Unless the question is solved I personally will no longer post in “The Better Half” folder (moving to “The Worse” :hooray: :p).

We could foresee these things would happen, and they did. I was against the separate folders from the beginning, and this is not the first and not the worst, as I understand, incident with all these separate folders.

Best regards,

polly
25-04-2004, 11:24
plus i don't get to go dickin around in the male forum.
equal rights, i say!

it really is very dishonest. i was very surprised to find the messages this morning and rather disappointed that i could do nothing about it.

ya'll can have your little circle jerk, just stay out of our papka. better yet if you didn't have access at all.

what the dilly yo?

DaveUKagain
26-04-2004, 12:07
"plus i don't get to go dickin around in the male forum." - we can quote you ?? :D

what the dilly yo?

polly
26-04-2004, 23:22
it's "an expression".
now bend over.

pengwn9
27-04-2004, 00:12
No point in having a womens folder if we can't keep the men out.

A man of honor would not snoop around in a ladies' folder.

That tells us something about the men who have been caught...
Shall we post their names? Let's.

Braders.
Sevan. (Claims he is innocent on all charges and there was a technical error....ok, we forgive)

Let it be known that the above named men cannot be trusted to mind their own business. What else can they not be trusted with?
Their honor has been tarnished, their manhood diminished.
Gossipmongers, interlopers, hooligans!

Off with their heads!!

Sadie
27-04-2004, 09:18
What is really remarkable is that moderators don't give a flying f*** to all this :thumbsup:

moscowmail
27-04-2004, 09:34
Whooaaaa.

What the hell is this...?

Sevan should not have acces, Braders is a moderator as well as I am, however, we still are opbliged to moderate ALL folders, neutrally and without informing others of the content, Braders I know personally has been badgered to spill the beans on the folder, but he has not.

Now, if you have a complaint, please let me know.

As to a female moderator, well, this is not a single sex job but we need people who can be subjective as much as possible, this is a crap job and often an unpopular job, no pay, no thanks, no free beer....

Plus we meet face to face regularly, when Polly comes back then I wikl chat to her abou the job, if anyone else thinks they can do it let me know.

Len

Fa-Q!
27-04-2004, 09:38
A man of honor would not snoop around in a ladies' folder.
=============================================
Damn right!!! What guy really cares what you birds are cackling about, anyway? Stay outta the girls locker room ya *******!

<Edited by moscowmail...language FA-q>

Sadie
27-04-2004, 09:55
Len,

if the burden is so hard, then I can share it ;)
I mean I could be a moderator of the Better Half (if we ever need an additional one) plus check the posts in Russian (we mostly speak Russian mat here of course, and am good in it too ;) ).

But my main point is that all the mod-s should have the equal abilities to view through the whole forum or separate when it concerns the female & guys forums, isn't it clear?

Give the female moderator access to the guys forum and I wanna c how u guys will feel after that and what you will post. Just try walkin in our shoes.

:verycool:

Fa-Q!
27-04-2004, 09:56
MM's on the ball today...

moscowmail
27-04-2004, 10:05
Originally posted by Sadie
Len,

if the burden is so hard, then I can share it ;)
I mean I could be a moderator of the Better Half (if we ever need an additional one) plus correct Russian grammar (we mostly speak Russian mat here of course, and am good in it too ;) ).

But my main point is that all the mod-s should have the equal abilities to view through the whole forum or separate when it concerns the female & guys forums, isn't it clear?

Give the female moderator access to the guys forum and I wanna c how u guys will feel after that and what you will post. Just try walkin in our shoes.

:verycool:

I understand entirley your point, however, tell me what was posted by the moderator and where, I will check it out and respond accordingly.

I very rarely look at your folder, however, I do on occasion, that is my job, I am not saying it is a burden, I read your folder as a moderator, neutrally, probably 3 times since it was opened.

As a moderator it is very difficult to be neutral and objective, or is it subjective :), the problem is if there is something you (i.e. the moderator) does not like but it does not conflict with the rules, the temptation just to delete is very high, could you honestly act this way? coudl you honestly allow someone you didn't like to say things or infer things? Could you honestly read the guys folder and not comment? or tell a few people just a little thing here and there?......

I am going to think about this whole thing and respond accordingly, I iwll probably just refuse acces to all moderators to yoiur folder and you can deal with it yourself, until we get a female moderator.

Cheers

L

moscowmail
27-04-2004, 10:24
OK, for now your folder, hirls, is not accesible by any moderators, I can if I change my access back, however, you will see if I am there.

This is a temporary stop gap, if there is anything that needs to be edited I will rely on you girls to PM me, I iwll then change my access and edit.....

L

Sadie
27-04-2004, 10:39
CoOl!!!:hooray: :hooray: :hooray:
Lenchik, thaNxoxoxox!

Girls... ;) :verycool:

sevan
27-04-2004, 10:51
I have never once been in "The better half" folder, nor do I want to get access, nor do I care what goes on in there.

polly
27-04-2004, 11:01
well then you musta left your comp to get a beer at the bar at the Dog or someone hijacked your acct or something, because people saw you were "browsing the forum".
i'll believe you for a beer.

Alethea
27-04-2004, 11:04
Originally posted by sevan
I have never once been in "The better half" folder, nor do I want to get access, nor do I care what goes on in there.

sevan,
on the one hand, I believe you, because you seem to be an honest guy.

but I SAW your name in Who is on-line yesterday and it was marked as *viewing the better half forum* It can be system fault, of course. I don't know. sorry for bringing this up.

sevan
27-04-2004, 11:09
Here's the "dilly"

I wasn't at the bar. I WAS snooping around because someone got access to a private folder that I have access to. I was trying to figure out how this person could have made it into my folder (we also saw someone "browsing" who shouldn't have been there and unlike me, this person actually did read the contents of the private folder).

According to T.D., one's name shows up as "browsing this forum" even if one is getting the "access denied" message.

So, I did some unsanctioned detective work. Now I, being the clever boy that I am, figured out that folders are numbered based on the order in which they were created. So I started changing the numbers manually to see if it would be possible to get access to a forum that I don't actually see in the list. I didn't.

If you're online right now, PM me. I'll type in what I think is the address of your "better half" forum and I'll show up as browsing it - but on my screen will be a message saying "access denied."

Please, however, do not mistake my lame attempt to test the security of these forums with interest in or a specific desire to see "the better half" folder.

lyndsay
27-04-2004, 11:30
what's that all about....

Just PM each other with your PM stuff.....

You don't need a folder.... forgot.... it's a girl's thing... of course you don't need it, which is why you've just GOT TO have it.. right!? and nobody understands you... listens to you .. and there's too many men here making the rules... and we should have our own space because we're females... and.. and ...

Urgh... life is simple when you're a bloke.

moscowmail
27-04-2004, 11:42
Hmm, Sevan you blighter.... :) ok, to summarize, no-one without access can get into the specific folder.....

There is a girls and boys foilder by invite only, if any of these users want to invite another user, come through me, braders or Tuetonic D, we will then asses and grant accordingly. Anyone trying to fake their way in will be banned, entirely, seriously, no messing about pretending your a guy or a gal to gert into the relevant folder, it ain't going to happen.

If some suspects a user as being someone they are not, let us know, we will check and asses...

moscowmail
27-04-2004, 11:43
Sorry for the more than normal spelling mistakes, I only got one eye at the moment, the other has swollen shut with some infection or something...

polly
27-04-2004, 11:50
first of all, mr lyndsay, much respect.

it's not that we don't need it. it's more like we don't want to deal with the beavis&butthead type comments we'd hear when asking for the name of the local yeast infection cream, where to buy affordable undergarments or how to manage certain positions.

that's all. some information gets personal and it need not be in a common-access environment.

Originally posted by lyndsay
what's that all about....

Just PM each other with your PM stuff.....

You don't need a folder.... forgot.... it's a girl's thing... of course you don't need it, which is why you've just GOT TO have it.. right!? and nobody understands you... listens to you .. and there's too many men here making the rules... and we should have our own space because we're females... and.. and ...

Urgh... life is simple when you're a bloke.

moscowmail
27-04-2004, 11:52
Agreed Polly, it is good to have a folder with people you can trust and use yoru own names and stuff, just like de boys one...

On that, Pollster, you de moderator for that folder, TD is re-setting it up, drop us a line if ya have any probs :)

L

sfjohns67
27-04-2004, 11:54
Originally posted by polly
first of all, mr lyndsay, much respect.

it's not that we don't need it. it's more like we don't want to deal with the beavis&butthead type comments we'd hear when asking for the name of the local yeast infection cream, where to buy affordable undergarments or how to manage certain positions.

that's all. some information gets personal and it need not be in a common-access environment. Heh heh...polly said 'yeast infection cream' heh heh heh...

Wait a second, you guys actually talk about how to manage certain positions? C'mon, which ones, tell me pleeeez? Is it that one with your ankles behind your neck? Man, I love that position.

sevan
27-04-2004, 11:59
Originally posted by polly
or how to manage certain positions.

Does that include photos? Geez, maybe I SHOULD be trying to get into this folder. :D

natalia_apple
28-04-2004, 00:30
Beavis and Butthead, indeed

polly
28-04-2004, 00:35
see?

am4rw
28-04-2004, 00:49
:confused: There's a men's folder?

polly
28-04-2004, 00:51
more like a boy's club i'd guess...

Alethea
28-04-2004, 00:52
Yes, *bad boys* folder. You must prove you are bad enough to get access.

Sadie
28-04-2004, 00:58
Blin,
you guys should work for KGB indeed, now forum #44. All we need is to be invited to get visa ;) or to go to Phlegmatic Dog after Sevan.

BTW, Sheepy, I take my words back, it wasn't ur fault I think, I broke my head to log out at the office computer. :rolleyes:

Alethea
28-04-2004, 01:03
I bet they discuss footie there. Let's play footie?:D

polly
28-04-2004, 01:04
or maybe footsie?

Alethea
28-04-2004, 01:05
That's what I meant!

polly
28-04-2004, 01:16
they probably do both ;)

Alethea
28-04-2004, 01:17
I have just imagined Braders playing footsie with Ned. Or Ghost playing footsie with Limitchik

am4rw
28-04-2004, 01:17
So I haven't been bad enough to be invited?

Considering Bardak, I honestly can't imagine what might be discussed in a men's folder. Updates on who puts out? :confused: :shame:

Alethea
28-04-2004, 01:19
Oh c'mon, you don't want to play footsie with any of them, do you?

am4rw
28-04-2004, 01:47
;) No, just genuinely baffled. Curiosity killed the kotka, ya know?

natalia_apple
28-04-2004, 01:52
koshka, "kotka" is Polish

am4rw
28-04-2004, 02:11
kot and koshka, right?

natalia_apple
28-04-2004, 02:13
yep, you can also say "kotik", its a nice way to call a tom

moscowmail
28-04-2004, 11:22
Originally posted by am4rw
So I haven't been bad enough to be invited?

Considering Bardak, I honestly can't imagine what might be discussed in a men's folder. Updates on who puts out? :confused: :shame:

Hmmm, well it is nothing special, and pretty inactive, we are considering closing it down anyway.....

ReturnOfBroadmoor
28-04-2004, 14:32
Can we open a special folder for gay men, so that Sir Gay can meet others of his proclivities and leave the rest of us alone?

Ghost
28-04-2004, 15:21
Originally posted by Alethea
I have just imagined Braders playing footsie with Ned. Or Ghost playing footsie with Limitchik

I was trying to be good and stay out of this whole thread, but you had to go and pull me into it, right? You just had to.

Vanilla
30-04-2004, 14:17
Nu vy blin takie smeshnie, devochki I mal’chiki, prosto pionery kakie-to! Nu da, posmotrel kto-to v nash folder, so what??? Do u really think he found anything good about “not so good part” …actually some parts could be really better, but never mind. Da u nego do sih por vsje na svete morschitsa, bednen’kij. Sadulik, dobree nuzhno byt’.

Actually, I’ve got an idea: the one noticed in our folder automatically becomes the topic of discussion. How do u like it?

Sadie
01-05-2004, 14:33
Originally posted by Vanilla
Actually, I’ve got an idea: the one noticed in our folder automatically becomes the topic of discussion. How do u like it?

Vanilla, now after that YOU tell ME to be more kind? :rolleyes: ;)