PDA

View Full Version : Registering Tourist Visa

MissAnnElk
25-04-2008, 18:49
Just double checking . . .

I have a guest arriving late afternoon, Tuesday, April 29. He leaves on Saturday, May 3 in the morning.

Guests who stay 3 business days or more must register, right? Business days?

Since there are several holiday in there, he won't be staying more than, say, one business day . . .

So I don't have to register his visa . . . RIGHT?????

ezik
25-04-2008, 19:43
You are right MissAnnElk.
Holidays are no business days.
Moreover, Russia tries to adopt the EU regulations with visa, and your guest, in that perspective, shouldn't have any trouble.

mosaikmum
01-04-2009, 16:24
What's the latest on registering a tourist Visa? Last time we visited, our landlord did it for us....

On our next visit we plan to rent an apartment privately and will have to look after our own registration.

I've heard the current practice is to take your invitation and visa to a post office for registration....does anyone know if this is correct?

Thanks in advance! :-)

kalavuto
01-04-2009, 16:44
My mother-in-law visited Moscow around the New Years and we were facing the same question. We were told by the people who handle the registration issues for me and my husband, that officially she doesn't need to register BUT in practice it's still a good idea since sometimes she could end up in trouble for not doing so. So we did go through the registration but I don't know how necessery that was...

The challenge with your guest's timing is whether the day he arrives is counted as a full day or not (we were told sometimes it counts sometimes doesn't). If it counts, then he does end up staying in the city for 3 business days (tuesday, wednesday and thursday - since only friday is a holiday) and the registration should be done.

So I guess it depends how risk avert you are ...

Ippolit
04-04-2009, 13:52
Yes you can indeed register at a Post Office. Take several photocopies of EVERYTHING, all passports, a blank envelope and a stamp, they will give you a form to complete. Its very cheap around 200 rb but be prepared to queue.... may take half a day of your short time. Smaller post offices may not be able/don't know how.

Good luck!

Benedikt
05-04-2009, 19:34
maybe the cowboys at customs and passport control only count DAYS and not business days. and the plane is NOT waiting....
go to the postoffice and get this registration papers, you need two by the way. (maybe a third one as spare, copies will be not accepted, neither mistakes that are erased with 'strich' or so.
costs you 50 rubles. by the way, make sure you fill in the letters into the little squares. when you see the paper you understand.
than at home at your leasure you fill them in, also with all the details of your guest.
than you make a copy of your passport, his passport,and that's it. no photo.
but you need the migration card, just in case. at the postoffice the clerk does the rest. you hand over some 200 rubles. that's it. if there is no queue it is over in 2 minutes.
we did it many times...

Just double checking . . .

I have a guest arriving late afternoon, Tuesday, April 29. He leaves on Saturday, May 3 in the morning.

Guests who stay 3 business days or more must register, right? Business days?

Since there are several holiday in there, he won't be staying more than, say, one business day . . .

So I don't have to register his visa . . . RIGHT?????