PDA

View Full Version : BIS Rosinka

braten
22-04-2008, 18:24
We are moving to Moscow in August and will probably live in the Rosinka compound. Our kids are 4 and 2.5 year and we are considering BIS Rosinka for them (Nursery and Reception level). Any feedback on BIS Rosinka?

rumson
21-05-2008, 13:38
I have one piece of advice: DON'T.

On a more serious note, while some people like BIS there have been many--to many to be coincidental--complaints about BIS and its management. It is also undeniably a Russian-run school. I should add that some parents like BIS but whenever I hear it mentioned, there are lots of complaints. Moreso than for any other school.

You could always send your child and then transfer to another school if you are unhappy. I've met several families who have done this at AAS.

katsa
29-05-2008, 09:14
As a parent - Rosinka is a happy and well run school. The main feature of it is that parents live next door literally! It is therefore tempting to be more involved than necessary for some non-working spouses who need to be involved (they are welcomed) but sometimes overstep the mark. The Rosinka Estate management fully supports the school, and the current headteacher has noticeably turned the school around in the 3 years he has been there. He is also one of the senior Headteachers and therefore part of the main admin management, and has been excellent in my time here.

PNW
30-05-2008, 08:28
I live in Rosinka and my older children attend AAS. I can't speak as a Rosinka BIS parent, but can share that my friends who have chosen this route have generally been happy. One thing to consider is how long you will be in Moscow.

If you are returning to your home country relatively soon, a year to 18 months in a less than perfect school is probably not going to make a dramatic difference--whether you go to AAS, BIS, the International School, or the BIS Rosinka campus. As long as the school environment is positive and the curriculum content allows your child to transition back to their home country school successfully, you'll most likely be fine.

On the other hand, if you are going to be in Moscow for the long term, you may want to keep your options open. I have known several expats who started down one path with their children, but discovered their original school choice wasn't a good fit for their child. Unfortunately this realization came too late to transfer their child over to a new school and they're now facing waitlists. Investigating other schools and considering getting a spot on their waitlist is not a bad idea if you're going to be in Moscow for awhile, especially if at any point you want to switch at AAS.