PDA

View Full Version : Business Club night BH band

Random
22-04-2004, 16:37
If any one from the business club reads this site - the band you have suck !!

This should stop the thread hijack !!

;)

ReturnOfBroadmoor
22-04-2004, 16:38
Pepsi Bottling Group sponsors the band; complaints should be directed to them.

jheisel
22-04-2004, 16:39
Interestingly, I am bringing a band to Moscow this summer; one of the nights they'll be in town is a Wednesday. Anyone know whom I should talk to at Pepsi to get them to pony up some bucks to have a GOOD band play at the Boar House instead of a loser-filled cover band?

jheisel
22-04-2004, 16:42
By the way, last night's band was called Street Band. Remember that and do your best to avoid them whenever possible.

Random
22-04-2004, 16:42
Originally posted by ReturnOfBroadmoor
It was not the fault of the people who run the Wednesday event; the band was foisted on them by Pepsi Bottling Group and the Boar House. Complaints should be directed to Doug and Pepsi.

OHHHH Reaaaaaallllllllyyyy - wait till I see Doug again !!! He swerved the blame .....

I know one or 2 of those Johnnies over at Pepsi - they keep letting bands like that play - I may take to wearing a Coke a Cola is great T shirt !!!

JH - you might be able to get them to play HRC as well as thats Pepsi to.

jheisel
22-04-2004, 16:44
Actually, I am already talking to HRC -- will likely do Thursday night there...

Jet
Is this a Russian band we talking about??

ReturnOfBroadmoor
Pepsi is the one who is most to blame; I have no idea who is telling the truth regarding Doug vs the organizers of the Wed event. Doug and the organizers are all decent people.

Send SMS to 7377 stating "Street Band Sucks" or "Get your lousy band out of the Boar House" or something like that and it will show up on the Pepsi ad on Tverskaya!

jheisel
22-04-2004, 16:45
Jet Li - The band that played last night was Russian. The band I am bringing to Moscow is not.

Random
22-04-2004, 16:47
Originally posted by ReturnOfBroadmoor
Pepsi is the one who is most to blame; I have no idea who is telling the truth regarding Doug vs the organizers of the Wed event. Both are decent people.

Send SMS to 7377 stating "Street Band Sucks" or "Get your lousy band out of the Boar House" or something like that and it will show up on the Pepsi ad on Tverskaya!

RoB I hear you - however a lot of people think its to do with Business club - the girls say they like them and therefore people will think it's them who asked for them to come back.

Now I know its Pepsi - blame will be shifted trust me !!!

Oh and the SMS thing - love it !!!!! great idea have already sent an SMS to that number !!!!

jheisel
22-04-2004, 16:52
Anyone near this ad that can verify that our messages are being displayed?

Random
22-04-2004, 16:56
My message should go up at 16:46:29 according to the response I got !!

Rob - You have made my day !!!!

:agree: :D :agree:

ReturnOfBroadmoor
22-04-2004, 17:00
I have tested the ad and it works. I have also complained and passed on others' complaints to the organizers; I walked out before I had a chance to complain to Doug. Still, Pepsi deserves to hear from us; the band is most of all a bad reflection on them as it is advertised as being under their sponsorship.

lyndsay
22-04-2004, 17:08
it does not need a band 'period'...

CRAP IDEA... THE TICKET SYSTEM IS BAD ENOUGH WITHOUT SOME MEAT HEADS GNAWING AT YOUR EARS TOO...

rosieredwood
22-04-2004, 17:56
...rueful developments at my once-beloved BH. First of all, one could count on decent-to-very-good live music on Fri/Sat, with a fun-loving, mature, mixed group of foreigners and locals. Then, everyone in- the-know knows what materialized with management, and the place has deteriorated into the decadance that befell the Duck. The End. It's now HRC or nothing, because the working women at BH have become skanky, aggressive "stervi-suki" and service has cascaded off Niagra Falls into the far depths of Lake Ontario. It's bascially degraded into a paradoxically upper-class dive-bar in the evenings. Yes, it's still worth an afternoon/early evening trip (especially in summer) for a few pints, conversation and food, but woe to those who stay on...if not looking for a "date" that is...

Random
22-04-2004, 18:13
HRC closes now at 11 pm - well last customers through the door - and rumour has it no summer terrace either.

rosieredwood
22-04-2004, 18:21
Originally posted by Random
HRC closes now at 11 pm - well last customers through the door - and rumour has it no summer terrace either.

Wait, what's happened to the 24/7 that's advertised? No summer terrace on Old Arbat? Great planning went into that, I see:

"Your main customer base is going to come from tourists, who primarily visit from the end of May until the beginning of September, before the knacker-chilling Moscow winter sets in; and you DIDN'T INCLUDE EXPLICIT PLANS IN YOUR DESIGNS FOR A SUMMER BIERGARTEN OR TERRACE - WHAT THE HECK WERE YOU THINKING?"

Random
22-04-2004, 18:39
As I say its just rumour - you know how rumour in this town is.

Prob means they wont open 1st May but 2nd May - usual SNAFU

As for closing - I can confirm that I was in there on Monday and it was me and the tumbleweeds (and I dont mean that shocking 70's band) in the place. I hear from people that last customer through the door at 11pm all out by 1 pm.