PDA

View Full Version : voprosik

exyabloko
19-04-2004, 20:43
Do you have prenuptial or cohabitation agreement with your partner? Are they common among ordinary people or pre-nups make sense for very wealthy Trump-like people? :eek: :D :confused:

Sadie
20-04-2004, 07:10
They are quite common,
though not pre-nuptial, but marital contracts are more typical for couples (especially on the threshold of a divorce) and it makes sense then, no doubts. As for cohabtation agreements, am not sure of what it is :) but.. judging from the name, we don't have it here.
The desire to make the contract does not really depend on how rich the couple is. I know very wealthy couples, both Am and Rus that are doing fine without that.
I my opinion it's a question of circumstances or guarantees or sometimes greed of course.

Ghost
20-04-2004, 08:28
Allow me to quote Chris Rock:

"Everybody needs a pre-nup. Everybody. People think you gotta be rich to have a pre-nup - oh no. If you make $20 million, and your wife wants $10, you aint starvin'.

"But if you make $30,000...and your wife want $15...you might have to kill her."

Sadie
20-04-2004, 08:59
In my opinion if two ppl wanna marry, which is (okay, supposed to be) a serious decision, it is the act of devotion and trust and love. If you are not sure of what you are doing getting married, then of course, pre-nup is sorta insurance, protection from yourself and your own .. say .. short-sightedness and immaturity. That’s it.

If you are psychologically stable and ready for the marriage and serious in your intentions and you love, then what’s the point? Love shouldn’t blind ppl, true. And marriage is not (souldn’t be) the end in itself.

But I personally think there’s no point in marriage at all when you take it as a first step to divorce.

Ghost
20-04-2004, 11:48
Tell that to all the broke ass men I know in the states who thought they were marrying for love, and got the short end of the stick when they "suddenly" ran into trouble and their wife wanted 50%.

Oh yeah sure...it always starts with the best of intentions.

I buy car insurance on my car not because I expect to get in an accident. I buy it so that if I do get in an accident, I'm covered.

Sadie
20-04-2004, 11:53
Ghost,
everyone is free to do whatever his soul desires

Originally posted by Ghost
.. I'm covered.

absolutely

Alethea
20-04-2004, 11:59
Originally posted by Sadie

But I personally think there’s no point in marriage at all when you take it as a first step to divorce.

Absolutely!!

The medieval crusaders made their wives wearing chastity belts whilst they were absent. Modern husbands cover themselves with insurance;)

Limitchik
20-04-2004, 12:05
I think we should bring back the chastity belt. I fail to see how that lost popularity.

Alethea
20-04-2004, 12:10
Originally posted by Limitchik
I think we should bring back the chastity belt. I fail to see how that lost popularity.

think of insurance companies - they will have nothing to do... except covering chastity belt's safety.

Filimon
20-04-2004, 13:00
If it's so good why is it "void for public interest reason" in UK? :rolleyes: