PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Brightman concert Rip Off - Scam

Hawk
16-04-2004, 15:28
So the show is cancelled....................

Everyone looses except the ticket offices............

They keep the delivery costs and 10% of ticket sales booked through the offices which you pay and is not refundable...

Is this just another scam........ cancel a tour that never was?
You have all the money for ticket sales collecting interest.
What % of people will return there tickets for the refund?

The next concert should be boycotted.

kot begemot
16-04-2004, 16:40
I had already boycotted this one, so shouldn't be a problem to boycott the next brighton concert... :p

Alethea
16-04-2004, 17:30
Hawk,

a friend of mine, who invited me, phoned to a parter.ru and asked them if it's true. They said it's all rumours. where this information has come from?

Al.

Fa-Q!
16-04-2004, 18:10
They did the same **** with OZZY! F*****s! I had to go all the way to ****** Tushino to get my loot back!

<Edited by MM, keep swear words for Bardak please>

<Edited by TD - you missed one MM>

<Not Edited by Braders - Already been done :) >

magrathea
16-04-2004, 19:14
Originally posted by Alethea
Hawk,

a friend of mine, who invited me, phoned to a parter.ru and asked them if it's true. They said it's all rumours. where this information has come from?

Al.

I was just down at the box office in front of the stadium, and they said it was canceled. I am just happy I had not yet bought my ticket.

DaveUKagain
16-04-2004, 20:29
I`d pay good money not to go to a Sarah Brightman concert. ;) More seriously, yep, this happens all the time and the secret is - never go to the venue again, never buy an album by the artist again, boycott the record label.

P.I.M.P.
17-04-2004, 12:43
It happens pretty often in Russia. They'll give you the promoter's address which is located as far away from civilization as possible, and will return face value of the ticket during a two day window. After then, the ticket is worthless.

Ghost
19-04-2004, 12:13
If it's possible to pay by credit card, do so. Then if something like this happens, call your bank and tell them to refuse the entire charge. Viola.

Limitchik
19-04-2004, 12:26
Originally posted by Ghost
refuse the entire charge. Viola.

Viola ! Violin ! Bass ! Cello !

jheisel
19-04-2004, 12:40
Who is Sarah Brightman anyway?

Alethea
19-04-2004, 12:50
You kidding, right?

Alethea
19-04-2004, 12:54
She is an ex of Andrew Lloyd Webber. I anticipate a question : Who is Andrew Lloyd Webber?
You ,guys, killing me.

Limitchik
19-04-2004, 12:58
Originally posted by Alethea
She is an ex of Andrew Lloyd Webber. I anticipate a question : Who is Andrew Lloyd Webber?
You ,guys, killing me.

Does her relationship status with Andrew Lloyd Webber somehow merit our high interest in her, or is she perhaps known for her own musical talents ?

alyaska
19-04-2004, 12:58
hwo's sarah brightman??

Ned Kelly
19-04-2004, 12:59
andrew lloyd webber is a grasping prat.

Alethea
19-04-2004, 13:03
Originally posted by Limitchik
Does her relationship status with Andrew Lloyd Webber somehow merit our high interest in her, or is she perhaps known for her own musical talents ?

I'm sure, her marital status helped her a lot to climb musical career ladder.

Frankly speaking, I 'm not her fan.

jheisel
19-04-2004, 13:59
I know who ALW is, but is Sarah Brightman famous for doing anything that would merit a stadium concert? I have never heard of her before these posters started appearing around Moscow last month...

Racing Post
20-04-2004, 02:27
Sarah Brightman was first spotted with a girlie group called Hot Gossip whose main activity was to prance around in stockings and suspenders on 'The Kenny Everett Show.'

Then she was married to ALW.

Then she was singing with Cliff Richard!!

Then she was singing with Michael - some mothers do 'av 'em - Crawford!!

She deserves something for enduring such experiences in her short talentless life!!