PDA

View Full Version : Dealing with Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs

tsarski
09-04-2008, 12:22
HI, I am planning to get married to a russian citizen very soon and currently I am waiting for my Certificate of No Impedimtent to be issued from the British Consulate in St Petersburg. After it is ready I know that I have to take it to the Legalisation Department of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. I have read on the Consulate website that this process takes 5 working days. A friend of mine a few years ago got this procedure done in a day. Is it possible to still get it legalised in one day? or will I have to wait for 5 days?

Rustralian
09-04-2008, 14:20
Cannot speak for recent times, but I had mine done just over 18 months ago and it was ready in two days .. no special requests or gifts, they just told us to come back and get it in two days ...

:spam:

cookie monster
09-04-2008, 16:06
Officially its 5days, in 2006 had some docs legalized at the Consular Section and was ready the following day. And just last month, had another doc. legalized and this time it took a week, So I asked the person why it's now a week. Well he didnt answer me and just said to come back in a week.

DDT
14-04-2008, 23:07
A friend of mine said that when he was there a few years ago and was told that it would take 5 days, he asked for "the express option, like the other embassies have for about 30 dollars or so" to which the official replied "Ah yes, the express service. That will be 1000 roubles. I will be back in 10 minutes but meet me at the side door."

tsarski
17-04-2008, 16:37
Thanks for the replies guys. Got in touch with my friend the other day and he told me that he tried for the express option but they asked for a lot more but he only had 1000 roubles in his wallet to show so that's what the price was. (he had taken the rest of his money and put it elsewhere beforehand.) I'll be making the trip to Moscow on the 23rd. Cheers!:)

tsarski
24-04-2008, 15:36
Just to update everybody on how it went. Well, it may seem that some of the civil servants here have been paying heed to what the President has been saying. When I was in the room I handed over my document and then he put it in an evelope and wrote on the receipt and said that it would be ready by the 30th, ie in 5 days. I asked for the "express" service and he said that no such thing exhists. So have to make another :cussing: train trip to Moscow.

DDT
27-04-2008, 14:23
It is a shame that Putin is fixing all the "wrong" things in Russia. I will be trying for the "Express" option myself later this year. Wish me luck!

tsarski
27-04-2008, 14:35
Wish you luck! But if the guy behind the desk is dressed like he doesn't need any money then don't get your hopes up:9456:

xSnoofovich
27-04-2008, 17:38
i just got mine done in 10 min. ;)

tsarski
28-04-2008, 07:08
:doh: How did you get it done in 10 mins?

w.meijerink
28-04-2008, 22:07
I think flowers or chocolate make the differents between 2 hours or more days, when you have the right documents, they can do it very fast.
Me and my wife did't in two hours, but one of my friends (dutch too) for him it takes 4 days before he get the documents.

DDT
01-06-2008, 23:34
I got mine done in 2 hours just the other day. Just tell them you live too far away and it is too difficult to come back so you need it done today, and then throw 1000 roubles on the table. Let them take it from there.

Look at it from their side! They don't want to ASK YOU to pay for a faster "option". They want YOU to make the offer diplomatically.

xSnoofovich
02-06-2008, 12:21
:doh: How did you get it done in 10 mins?

I asked for help.

jeffs
10-06-2008, 06:13
Last year our express service, or favor becuase we are such a nice couple, was $100. paid in rubles and he gave a fair exhange rate and change. How did we ask? Is there ANYthing, I mean ANY way you can help us, we have a very busy schedule, and don't have time to take the train, we might have to reschedule, etc, etc. His reply was I can do it as a special favor, but it won't be 100 p. it will be $100 dollars.