PDA

View Full Version : Does Tallinn's russian embassy process americans?

kuranes
09-04-2008, 09:30
i hope i hope

ElenaN
09-04-2008, 12:34
Hello Kuranes!
According to the New Regulation foreigners can receive Russian visas only in their own country (citizens of EU - in any country of the EU). To receive the visa in the third country one will have to present residence or work permit.

jarnskeggr75
21-04-2008, 16:26
i hope i hope

It does but... No more express processing. It takes 10 business days. Type of visa doesn't matter, Tourist, Business, whatever, 10 business days. Hope you're not going in May.

Kiev can do 1 day visas but you have to buy temporary residency or something. Never done it. We're tired of the visa BS and moving to Berlin.

svelt
19-05-2008, 14:17
as of nov 6 07 tallin was doing visas for americans and not for british. i know it for sure they sent me to london. politely

Proper Bostonian
20-05-2008, 09:00
I called around to most of the European embassies a few times. Each time I called I got a different answer about the length of time to process a 3 month visa for an American ranging from 9 days to "up to a month". Finally, I've decided to go back to the States where I can do it by mail & where express processing is possible.

Yesterday I visited Vadim at Liga who is always helpful & knowledgeable. Was told that as an Amrican I can go to any 3rd country & get a new visa & that it usually takes 10 days. However, he did say that according to law they have the right to allow themselves 1 month for processing. On the other hand, he said they could do it in one day "if they want to"; that it really depends on the particular consulate & the connection you make with the consular officer.

Still, I don't want to take the chance of getting some obstinate jerk & we've decided to vacation in the States this year. With any luck, my TRP may be ready at the end of this 3 month period. if not, I hope my next visa will only be a 1 month tourist visa - quick in & out.

And, for all of you who said there's a 5 day wait from the time you receive a visa before re-entering Russia, you are wrong.

Surfsup37
20-05-2008, 19:16
Bostonian,

Unfortunately, you can not make blanket true statements any more. I am an American and I went back to the US for a 3 month visa. They stamped my visa so that it wasn't valid for 5 days. This was at their Washington Embassy. My visa had a 5 day waiting period.

I suppose I could have tried to enter Russia, and maybe I would have got in, but my Visa was not valid the day they stamped it, but 5 days after. It is becoming the luck of the draw. The embassy staff can do basically anything they want.

Bels
20-05-2008, 20:09
as of nov 6 07 tallin was doing visas for americans and not for british. i know it for sure they sent me to london. politely

Very strange indeed, as I thought Tallin was in the EU, and due to that Brits would have rights of residence in Talin. So what was their excuse??

RRM
20-05-2008, 22:14
Wrong. You can get your visa in the country of your residence. I am a permanent resident of the US and thats where I get my Russian visa. My nationality is Indian.

Hello Kuranes!
According to the New Regulation foreigners can receive Russian visas only in their own country (citizens of EU - in any country of the EU). To receive the visa in the third country one will have to present residence or work permit.

Bels
20-05-2008, 23:48
Wrong. You can get your visa in the country of your residence. I am a permanent resident of the US and thats where I get my Russian visa. My nationality is Indian.

Who are you implying is wrong. If I am a Brit, I have the right of residency in any EU country, therefore I can apply in any country within the EU.

Also I think every post is in agreement it's a question of residency, so who's wrong?

Bels
21-05-2008, 00:01
May I remind of the rules from a typical Russian Embassy in English. Amricans have a 10 14 wait, unless they have residency rights in that particular country you are applying in. Check out the bold, I doo believe the rules stated are international.

Консульский отдел Посольства России в Лондоне (http://rusemblon.org/)

Schengen States, Estonian and Israeli passports' holders should submit a copy of their health insurance certificate valid in Russia for all period of the trip.

USA passports' holders are required to fill in a special visa application form.

French passports' holders should also enclose copies of their bank statement for the last three months, travel insurance valid in Russia and a copy of their return tickets.

Citizens of Australia, Israel, Turkmenistan and USA cannot apply for the same day visas unless they have a residence permit in the UK. The visa processing time for these citizens will take from 10 to 14 days,

If you are going to Tajikistan your invitation should be confirmed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country.

Your application can be considered only after you have submitted all necessary documents and can provide evidence to substantiate information given in the application form. The granting of entry clearance is at the discretion of the Russian Consulate. Visa fees are paid for consideration of your documents and they do not guarantee that a visa would be issued.

It's not obligitary for a British citizen whille applying for a visa but much advisable to have a health insurancee certificate which covers all the period of his stay in Russia.

Entry to Russia may be refused and airlines may not carry passengers holding passports with less than six months validity. At the border visitors are expected to complete a migration card; to keep it during the trip and return it at the border point when leaving the country. Visitors should be registered within 3 working days of arrival in Russia with the local branch of the Migration Service. Most major hotels will do this automatically. Visitors need not be registered if their visits last less than three days.

I called around to most of the European embassies a few times. Each time I called I got a different answer about the length of time to process a 3 month visa for an American ranging from 9 days to "up to a month". Finally, I've decided to go back to the States where I can do it by mail & where express processing is possible.

Yesterday I visited Vadim at Liga who is always helpful & knowledgeable. Was told that as an Amrican I can go to any 3rd country & get a new visa & that it usually takes 10 days. However, he did say that according to law they have the right to allow themselves 1 month for processing. On the other hand, he said they could do it in one day "if they want to"; that it really depends on the particular consulate & the connection you make with the consular officer.

Still, I don't want to take the chance of getting some obstinate jerk & we've decided to vacation in the States this year. With any luck, my TRP may be ready at the end of this 3 month period. if not, I hope my next visa will only be a 1 month tourist visa - quick in & out.

And, for all of you who said there's a 5 day wait from the time you receive a visa before re-entering Russia, you are wrong.

mirrorsaw
29-09-2008, 16:27
OK just to throw another question into the mix --

I'm on a New Zealand passport but inside is Indefinate Leave to Remain in the UK, when I applied for a Russian visa at the Edinburgh consulate they were happy to give me same-day service because of this ILR.

Would the same apply if I were to visit a consulate in another EU country? I was hoping to use Kiev next month.

appreciate any advice

cheers