PDA

View Full Version : Childrens French Teacher

Lot10
07-04-2008, 19:26
Hi, we will be looking for a French teacher for our 5year old when we move to Moscow in a few weeks. She is currently in a French /English bilingual pre-school and is picking up quite a bit of French, we really want her to continue being exposed to French, for a few hours per week. We decided against sending her to the French Lycee as it is too far from where we will be living.

Would appreciate if someone could recommend a French teacher to us.

MissAnnElk
07-04-2008, 19:28
If she's 5 she would go to the campus near Polyanka metro . . . still too far?

Bels
07-04-2008, 19:36
Perhaps a French tutor on a one to one basis??

Lot10
07-04-2008, 23:44
Miss AE, it's still a bit too far for us, unfortunately I am not as adventurous as you in tackling the metro.

Bels, I just noticed someone advertised offering French lessons, so I have gotten in touch with her.

Bels
08-04-2008, 00:18
Miss AE, it's still a bit too far for us, unfortunately I am not as adventurous as you in tackling the metro.

Bels, I just noticed someone advertised offering French lessons, so I have gotten in touch with her.

If for example he or she finds your area inconvenient, you can always post your own and give your own requirements. I personally believe just two hours a week is a waste of time for a tutor. as you will end up complaining that there are no results. As a rule of thumb :) as they say:) 120 urs fr a course level ie; beginner, elementary, intermediatte. Hence from beginner level to intermediatte level it will take 360 hours. Let the native speaking teacher take control.

DollyTa
08-04-2008, 13:29
If she's 5 she would go to the campus near Polyanka metro . . . still too far?

can i please have the address of the campus near metro polyanka.

many thanks.

Renald
24-03-2009, 18:50
Graduating from a top European Business School in Paris, I am currently studying at the Higher School of Economics in Moscow.

I live in the Tverskaya area and will be glad to teach French (I am a native speaker) or English (I studied and worked in London as well).

Please contact me for further details.
8 925 877 15 71

urga
25-03-2009, 12:35
HI there
I'm interesting your propose !
I have a boy 7 years old and i'm looking for French teacher for him?(actually he is French(mixed) but we never speaks to him)
PLse let me know about the price and which date is available?
For me better after school or (prefer)week end?

AnaFr
25-04-2009, 16:46
I've just sent a message, but I'm not sure whether it worked, so here it is again :
Bonjour à tous !

My name is Anaïs, I am a French student (Bachelor) living in Paris. If your children can use a computer I can teach them French via the website dimdim.com (it's a bit like skype), where I use a wide range of interactive materials. I am very friendly and patient.
If you are interested, the first lesson is free. Please feel free to contact me ! (ana.french.lessons (at) gmail.com)
À bientôt !
Anaïs~

Bels
26-04-2009, 23:42
I've just sent a message, but I'm not sure whether it worked, so here it is again :
Bonjour à tous !

My name is Anaïs, I am a French student (Bachelor) living in Paris. If your children can use a computer I can teach them French via the website dimdim.com (it's a bit like skype), where I use a wide range of interactive materials. I am very friendly and patient.
If you are interested, the first lesson is free. Please feel free to contact me ! (ana.french.lessons (at) gmail.com)
À bientôt !
Anaïs~

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I would prefer the direct approach of meeting face to face, for the moment I haven't seen this internet approach working with the same effect. Don't get me wrong as it could make me lots of money throughout the world, but it doesn,t work. I can't help as I hate the language, I had to learnearn it at school for a few years, but I can't stand the sond of it. The sound is yeough! It is English Spanish or Italian for me! How on earth anyone could put up with the Frengh language with pronounciation talking from the throat is beneath me, Itno wonder they call it frogs talking.

I say go for a language that sounds nice, English, Spanish, Italian. By the way Spanish is the second language to foregn speakers, not French or German. English is the the number one as everyone knows.

AnaFr
29-04-2009, 21:02
The French language doesn't have a "pronounciation talking from the throat" as you say Bels. You must have mixed up with German or you just have no idea about what real French (spoken by native speakers !) sounds like. Are you sure you've studied French once in your life ?! 'cause considering what you've said, I've got real doubts about that ! You know Spanish is a nice and useful language (I won't say it isn't, since I have learnt it for several years and can speak it), and Italian sounds nice too, but I'm afraid French is more useful than Italian (apart from Italy, in which country is Italian the official language?). So learning a language for the way it sounds is a good thing, but learning a language for its utility is more profitable (otherwise, why would English be "the number one", as you've said?)!
But in fact, I don't care much about your point of view concerning French, 'cause my message was not addressed to you, but to the ones here, who are actually looking for French lessons. Fortunatly most of the people on this forum are more open-minded than you seem to be...
Oh and another thing... learning a language via programs like skype is very much the same as learning face-to-face, since you can see your teacher, hear him/her, talk and write to him/her, draw, etc... however don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you, since I don't care neither about what you may think about that !

Anyways, Lot10 and urga, I hope that you will find a solution for your children :-)

Qdos
29-04-2009, 21:08
Tssk... les enfants n'ont rien mieux à faire? :D

* hoiks up some phlegm to accent the cause *

AnaFr
29-04-2009, 22:27
je n'ai fait que répondre à son message, et préciser quelques points qui me semblaient importants :-)