PDA

View Full Version : Team talk & a hug .....

Random
13-04-2004, 14:19
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3621121.stm

So by chatting here in expat Doc I am doing myself a favour ....

DPG
13-04-2004, 14:27
Definitely an interesting one Random!! - although this:

<<More than twice as many men chose sex to lighten their mood than women>>

I could have told you without reading the article!!;)

And hang on a tick - how do the mathematics of that work out then?!?:p

<<Londoners and people in the Midlands were most likely to want to talk about their woes at 83% and 84% respectively>>

I'd always wondered if being a Londoner contributed to that - now I know!

<<Respondents in the Midlands and Scotland said they would rather have an alcoholic drink to cope with feeling down>>

No comment!! LOL!!

There you go everyone! We have definite evidence that expat.ru is potentially beneficial for your health and wellbeing...the next time my boss tells me to get to work, I shall cite this article in my defense and implore you all to do the same!

Limitchik
13-04-2004, 14:32
It then stands to reason that the most frequent posters are actually the most psychologically well-balanced and sane people here.

Ned Kelly
13-04-2004, 14:34
Originally posted by Limitchik
It then stands to reason that the most frequent posters are actually the most psychologically well-balanced and sane people here.

we knew that all along.

DPG
13-04-2004, 14:34
Can't argue with that!

I guess that those who post with more than one persona would in fact be considered to harbour sanity and balance of a level transcendental to that even of the single-persona poster with the highest post rate??

kniga
13-04-2004, 14:38
DPG,

"...single-persona poster..." You outdo yourself with this pithy posting! :-)

Limitchik
13-04-2004, 15:01
Originally posted by DPG
Can't argue with that!

I guess that those who post with more than one persona would in fact be considered to harbour sanity and balance of a level transcendental to that even of the single-persona poster with the highest post rate??

The more the merrier !

geordie
13-04-2004, 20:37
<<People in the North East most frequently chose "sex" as a coping mechanism. >>

This is why the North East is the best part of the UK!

Penguin Snacks
13-04-2004, 21:56
Originally posted by Limitchik
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It could be the other way round. That they are not balanced and constantly needed reassurance!:D