PDA

View Full Version : TRP taking longer than 6 months! WTF!!

BrianS
04-04-2008, 16:56
Has anyone here had any experience with their TRP taking longer than the prescribed 6 months. I will be hitting my 6 months in a week. My local FMS office (that I have friends in) have even called the regional FMS office to see what was taking so long. The regional office said (and I already knew this) they had had EVERYTHING ready and done within the first 2 weeks after my application submittal and were still just waiting for the FSB sign-off. WTF! :confused1: Lazy asses probably have it sitting on their desk for months. Who do I complain to? Any advice or stories of previous experiences would be much appreciated!

dekabristka
04-04-2008, 17:57
Probably not laziness, but the usual ploy so that you end up having to pay "extra"...it's the most common complaint around when trying to obtain any document in Russia. Have you tried getting the name of somebody really high up in the immigration office and asking to see him? or you may need to go via a good immigration lawyer, not just one of those "fixer/agencies" (prob not cheap). I sympathise...

BrianS
04-04-2008, 18:52
Yeah...I think I'm going to have to go see the "Director" at the regional office and see if I can do a little persuading. The thing with the FSB part is that technically you really aren't supposed to have any contact with them....so they shouldn't be waiting for a handout, and our info is pretty reliable as it came from my friend at the local office who did some checking. If they were waiting on a little "help" she would have told me. If my visit doesn't work than I guess I'm off to an attorney.

05-04-2008, 01:06
> longer than the prescribed 6 months

Where is there a "prescription" of 6 months?

> Who do I complain to?

FSB, if FMS told they are the culprits. Go, send a complain :D

05-04-2008, 01:09
Probably not laziness, but the usual ploy so that you end up having to pay "extra"...it's the most common complaint around when trying to obtain any document in Russia. Have you tried getting the name of somebody really high up in the immigration office and asking to see him? or you may need to go via a good immigration lawyer, not just one of those "fixer/agencies" (prob not cheap). I sympathise...

Sorry you are wrong as for 99% cases there is NO WAY to meet with the FSB guys who (according to BrianS) "block" his application. "Presents" can be done to FMS local and central offices, but anyway don't think it would speed the process a lot.

And there are MANY applications for TRP that are ready in 7 to 8 months.

Bels
05-04-2008, 01:32
Mine took 7 months, there is a central telephone number where you can ask about your progress, but I don't know it and my wifes is now in bed asleep with my baby son.

Apparently they don't inform you, and phone calls to FMS appear to be useless. he only way I know just outside the office door from where you handed in your application there will be a list of accepted applicants, and then you can start saying :hooray:

I gt mine from Odentsova, and I can only assume other FMS offices are the same. Emails ? telephone calls ? letters? Err!!! What's that?

Just pop into the office at the time and see how it's going, it's the only.
Yes! I know that the service stinks.:bedtime:

BrianS
05-04-2008, 11:29
> longer than the prescribed 6 months

Where is there a "prescription" of 6 months?

> Who do I complain to?

FSB, if FMS told they are the culprits. Go, send a complain :D

http://www.admtyumen.ru/files/111/%CF%EE%F1%F2%E0%ED%EE%E2%EB%E5%ED%E8%E5%20%CF%F0%E0%E2%E8%F2%E5%EB%FC%F1%F2%E2%E0%20%D0%D4%20%EE%F2%201%20%ED%EE%FF%E1%F0%FF%202002%20%E3.%20N%20789.rtf

Look at section II numbers 17&18 plus I have seen this stated on many other places AND they have been telling me a MAX of 6 months this whole time during the process.

And the FSB WILL here from me if need be! Why does it seem that Russians are afraid or intimidated of their own agency?

BrianS
05-04-2008, 11:35
Sorry you are wrong as for 99% cases there is NO WAY to meet with the FSB guys who (according to BrianS) "block" his application. "Presents" can be done to FMS local and central offices, but anyway don't think it would speed the process a lot.

And there are MANY applications for TRP that are ready in 7 to 8 months.

Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be I DO know who the FSB guys are that are sleeping on my application, but I want to go through the "proper channels" first before I go directly to them.

cookie monster
05-04-2008, 12:15
At the FMS main office at Pokrovka, you may try meeting with the Director in charge, he may be able to assist on the delay of your TRP. But for a fact there is someone at the Main FMS office who liasses with the FSB, in cases of additional questions/info required by the FSB. However, for a fact if the documents are with FSB, FMS can only wait for approval.

TonyP
06-04-2008, 22:33
I will be submitting my application within the next week and we have been told to wait about three months, I guess it seems to depend on which area the application is made, we are in Vodny stadion.

Bels
06-04-2008, 22:35
six minimum

cookie monster
07-04-2008, 10:57
According to standard statements of FMS offices, they say minimum 3months, but I still have to hear one that obtained their TRP in 3months. That's what you call gov't bureacracy! with alot of red-tape, and from my experience after 4months upon submission of my docs, The Main FMS at Pokrovka, called and asked me to report for an interview and provide additional docs, fortunately all went well and got my TRP in 5months.

07-04-2008, 11:22
http://www.admtyumen.ru/files/111/%CF%EE%F1%F2%E0%ED%EE%E2%EB%E5%ED%E8%E5%20%CF%F0%E0%E2%E8%F2%E5%EB%FC%F1%F2%E2%E0%20%D0%D4%20%EE%F2%201%20%ED%EE%FF%E1%F0%FF%202002%20%E3.%20N%20789.rtf

Look at section II numbers 17&18 plus I have seen this stated on many other places AND they have been telling me a MAX of 6 months this whole time during the process.

This is theory, and there is reality!

And administrative services are the same in any country.

And the FSB WILL here from me if need be! Why does it seem that Russians are afraid or intimidated of their own agency?

You are Russian? :D

Good luck to call them, please keep us informed here :rolleyes:

07-04-2008, 11:24
Fortunately or unfortunately as the case may be I DO know who the FSB guys are that are sleeping on my application, but I want to go through the "proper channels" first before I go directly to them.

Well if you know them why do you write here? Call them, go and have lunch with them and your application will be signed right after the coffee-koniak!

07-04-2008, 11:31
According to standard statements of FMS offices, they say minimum 3months, but I still have to hear one that obtained their TRP in 3months. That's what you call gov't bureacracy! with alot of red-tape, and from my experience after 4months upon submission of my docs, The Main FMS at Pokrovka, called and asked me to report for an interview and provide additional docs, fortunately all went well and got my TRP in 5months.

After about months, FMS knows if the application is DECLINED. No news means that it is accepted.

The application is GENERALLY REGISTERED in the FMS database after about 5 months. If you are in good relationship with your local FMS, you can ask them to check on their computers, it takes one minute.

The point is that after this, the central FMS has to finalize the process by signing a few documents, and it is THIS step that takes again a few weeks. And it is HERE that you can do "something" to speed the process: Ask your local FMS guy to go to the central FMS with some "concrete argumentation" and it can be done quickly. Or wait.

Saying that after 6 months the application is not signed yet by the MVD or FSB is completely wrong as it is impossible. They sign it or decline it during the first 3 months. Unless of course very special cases where the FSB finally comes back on their first decision and say "stop all for this case, we have to look at it again". But this concerns very special cases, generally not very positive ones...

BrianS
07-04-2008, 21:49
This is theory, and there is reality!

And administrative services are the same in any country.

You are Russian? :D

Good luck to call them, please keep us informed here :rolleyes:

What does that mean...is it the law or isn't it? And if it is does that mean the FSB is above the law?

No I am not Russian and that is why I am not afraid to talk with them and ask them a simple question. Are they not rational people? If the FBI was holding up a similar process in the U.S. I would have no problems calling them and asking them what is going on. Is there a reason I shouldn't do the same here? Please enlighten me (seriously).

BrianS
07-04-2008, 21:55
Well if you know them why do you write here? Call them, go and have lunch with them and your application will be signed right after the coffee-koniak!

I didn't say I KNOW them...I said I know who they are and where their office is.

Your sarcasm isn't appreciated GUEST.:bird:

BrianS
07-04-2008, 23:02
After about months, FMS knows if the application is DECLINED. No news means that it is accepted.

The application is GENERALLY REGISTERED in the FMS database after about 5 months. If you are in good relationship with your local FMS, you can ask them to check on their computers, it takes one minute.

The point is that after this, the central FMS has to finalize the process by signing a few documents, and it is THIS step that takes again a few weeks. And it is HERE that you can do "something" to speed the process: Ask your local FMS guy to go to the central FMS with some "concrete argumentation" and it can be done quickly. Or wait.

Saying that after 6 months the application is not signed yet by the MVD or FSB is completely wrong as it is impossible. They sign it or decline it during the first 3 months. Unless of course very special cases where the FSB finally comes back on their first decision and say "stop all for this case, we have to look at it again". But this concerns very special cases, generally not very positive ones...

Well apparently they run things differently here Guest. I do have friends at the local FMS and have people that we are friendly with at the central FMS office for our region, and both of them say this is not so. In fact they showed me an application today for a TRP that still hadn't received it's paperwork back from the FSB since 2005.:confused1: And your scenario of approving and then coming back on the decision is not the case. The FMS has not heard a single word from the FSB since the application was submitted. I am confident that as soon as the FSB submits our paperwork I will have my TRP ASAP. It is just a matter of getting the paperwork back from them. FYI....I am NOT in Moscow or St. Pete. Any other advice would be appreciated though. Keep it coming....:thumbsup:

Bels
07-04-2008, 23:15
Find that central telephone number. Sometimes the local FMS slip up. My wife told the FMS from the info of central that our application had been accepted a week ago, yet we were not on the noticeboard list. She checked on her computer and said "Oh yes" So you are. I missed you somewhere.

If you can manage to find that central telephone number with a key contact it helps a lot. Funny though, the local FMS are reluctant to give you this number, although they do have it, because they can use it. Don't trust anyone. My wife found the number by chance, with no help from our local FMS.

Bels
07-04-2008, 23:17
My guess is, that none of enjoy being chased, that's the problem. They don't want to be efficient, after all as Guest has stated, they already know within a few weeks, but for some reason they enjoy stretching it out, why I don/t know. Britain can do it in 24 hours provided all the correct paperwork is together, and nothing contradicts. So can Russia, if waned to. In fact about 4 years ag I was informed it was much easier, and a simple matter of formality. hey did use to do it quicker. But for some reason they want to do it quick now. They want spouses and Russian families to suffer when they have to leave them. They say in answer to such things as " I have a son and a also new baby son, and my husband has to leave the country of which we can't afford, while waiting for this damn residency which is overdue. They answer such " very sorry to hear that, but that's the way it is. And puts the phone down.

BrianS
08-04-2008, 10:30
Find that central telephone number. Sometimes the local FMS slip up. My wife told the FMS from the info of central that our application had been accepted a week ago, yet we were not on the noticeboard list. She checked on her computer and said "Oh yes" So you are. I missed you somewhere.

If you can manage to find that central telephone number with a key contact it helps a lot. Funny though, the local FMS are reluctant to give you this number, although they do have it, because they can use it. Don't trust anyone. My wife found the number by chance, with no help from our local FMS.

Unfortunately I was at the regions "central" FMS office yesterday and actually saw my application and packet of documents....and all of the documents were ready to go and done minus the FSB paperwork. In fact all of the other 4 (I think it was 4) offices that had to send stuff in saying I was ok (tax, courts, etc) had returned all of their paperwork within the first 2 weeks of my application being accepted. The FSB paperwork simply isn't there.:(