PDA

View Full Version : OB/GYNs in Moscow

catcourtneym
11-04-2004, 14:29
I am moving to Moscow next week - 6 months pregnant - and am searching for an Ob/Gyn. Would appreciate any suggestions or reccommendations of doctors. Had my 14 month old in London with Mr Teoh and was very happy.
Thank you,
CCF

tgma
12-04-2004, 16:17
My wife gave birth in Moscow, and her pre-natal care was done at the Centre for Family Planning and Reproduction (http://www.cfp.ru/ADMIN/index.shtml) on Sevastopolskaya, which was pretty good. It has a private offshoot called Sdorovoye Pokolenie, by Danilovskii Market. These should be findable, if you can speak Russian.

If you don't speak Russian, then the gynaecologist at the European Medical Center has been recommended. He is an older Frenchman, and looked after a friend of ours, and it seemed that he was much more relaxed and non-interventionist, compared to a Russian doctor. We might well go with him next time round.

Tatiana
16-04-2004, 12:21
I do not believe this French doctor is licensed to deliver babies in Russia. You should double check with him.

Irada
16-04-2004, 23:39
I could recommend a place where you can make a 3D ultrascan of your baby (as much as I know this is the only such place in Moscow). It's something amazing. You get familiar with your baby far before his birth. For 1200 rubles (~$40) they will record everything to the videotape for you & make his photo. I will try to attach here the photo of my son at 32 weeks.

DaveUKagain
17-04-2004, 04:28
Awwwww, congratulations. :D

Irada
18-04-2004, 05:25
It's at medical center Art-Med. Very good service. You can watch the whole thing at the TFT monitor above your head & listen to the heart beat of your baby + get the video tape of all of this.
Their web site is in Russian, but at the bottom of their page http://www.art-med.ru/photo-uzi/
there is a list of photos from their photo album. Just click on any of them to see photos like mine. There are also 4 video clips at that page.
Their address is Timiryazevskaya Str. 1, korpus 2. Tel: 788-1393, 740-7880

Good luck!

pengwn9
12-05-2004, 13:55
I met with the French ob/gyn at European Medical Center yesterday. His name is Dr. Peters. I liked him immensely. About 50? He seemed a very sensible fellow. I'm not expecting, so I don't know if he is licensed to deliver, but I would absolutely trust his skills. In fact I prefer him by far to the last gyn I had in the States. The office seemed to have most of the equipment you would expect to see.

Never been looked over by a Frenchman before. His accent was most charming. In such situations charm is certainly an asset.

Paprika AP
13-05-2004, 15:09
Originally posted by catcourtneym
I am moving to Moscow next week - 6 months pregnant - and am searching for an Ob/Gyn. Would appreciate any suggestions or reccommendations of doctors. Had my 14 month old in London with Mr Teoh and was very happy.
Thank you,
CCF

Dear Poster! Don't use the Centre for Family Planning and Reproduction. A friend of mine has recently needed an abortion and she called them and they said "Hey, do you want it done with the tests or without them?" She was so shocked she could not believe what she heard, because everyone knows that any doctopr who respects himself will never perform this procedure without doing tests first. Instead, I recommend using NII Akusherstva i Ginekologii. They have good prenatal services and their doctors, infrastructure and equipment are the best you can get in Russia. It is located near Konkovo metro (southern Moscow). The address is Ulitsa Akademika Oparina (I think the building number is 4). I don't have the phone number for them, but you can just get a taxi and go there and see it for yourself. It's really good. Good luck.

Paprika AP
13-05-2004, 15:10
If you decide on NII Akusherstva i Ginekologii, I can get you the name of the doctor who successfully delivered my friend's baby there. Feel free to PM me.