PDA

View Full Version : HapppYY EasTer!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadie
10-04-2004, 20:46
Everybody!!!!!!!! Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
those who starved, AT EASE!!!!!!!
Today midnight - Krestny Hod!! Me goes to the church behind the Mossovet building - thaz ossum!! So those who didn't manage to get out of Poslednaia Kaplia yesterday - can wake up and just cross the street;)
:hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray: :hooray:

<Picture deleted, a bit rude for the cafe :))

DaveUKagain
10-04-2004, 21:39
Starved ? With a chocolate easter egg ? :D

Ghost
10-04-2004, 22:37
I'm lost too, but if I question, I'll get yelled at.

Happy Easter, everyone. :)

DaveUKagain
10-04-2004, 22:58
People fast for Easter in (Orthodox) Russia and then go to Church, Ghost. In the UK, we stuff ourselves full of chocolate easter eggs and then go to sleep. :D

Sadie
11-04-2004, 04:04
Len! Not fair!! I dammit loved that pic!!

Starved :confused: Okay today is the last day of the Lent, daz what i meant, fast, lent, whatever ;) No meat, no fish, no alcohol, no SEX!! (is it allowed to use the word s-e-x :ignore: in the cafe ;) )

Krestny Hod - the religious procession. AAhh, that was cool, candles and stuff :nut:

DaveUKagain
11-04-2004, 04:55
And there was me with a drunken fish with a meat pie in its` mouth....... won`t tell you what I was DOING to it..... :D

Ghost
11-04-2004, 10:48
Someone tell me where in the Bible it says you can't have meat, fish, sex, etc. on lent.

I've read the Bible 6 times, cover to cover.

Billie Bob
11-04-2004, 13:35
Happy Easter to all... last night was kind of kewl...

went church hopping with others.

didn't get home till 4am. partied it up afterwards.

XPUCTOC BOCKPECE

lucytupper
11-04-2004, 15:38
Originally posted by Ghost
Someone tell me where in the Bible it says you can't have meat, fish, sex, etc. on lent.

I've read the Bible 6 times, cover to cover.

Although it doesn't tell us in the Bible in so many words regarding your observations.

It is probably due to the fact that Jesus GAVE up His life for us voluntarily. No man took it from Him.

I can only imagine over the years, man has interpreted this as - if HE can give up His life, surely we can give up something for Lent.

No comparison really is it!!

HAPPY EASTER!

Braders
11-04-2004, 17:11
I was even given one of those Dodgy little cakes :D

Not a religious person myself seeing as the last time i stepped inside a church was 3 years ago and that was for a wedding.

but i'll have my cake and eat it ;)

DaveUKagain
11-04-2004, 17:38
;) No hot cross buns then, Braders ? (Might have confused out non- UK readers there...... ;) )

Braders
11-04-2004, 17:45
Hot cross buns :) what i would do for some Warburtons Teacakes with lashings of Country Life on now :mad:

I didn't even know these cakes existed :shame:, i was in the supermarket yesterday and saw 20 Russians gathered round a table, so being a nosy git i went to have a look, they were just stood there staring at 10 of these little beauties :p

Moscow Wolf
11-04-2004, 18:12
Well I live next to the Georgian Church and that lot was doing their Gregorian Chant stuff till gone five this morning, oh and clanging their bells. We didn't a wink of sleep in the Zoo we didn't.

Did you know there was a day last week when you wasn't even allowed to have sex!! I had to wait a whole hour till it went past midnight. Religion eh!

DPG
11-04-2004, 18:22
I was well annoyed in the supermarket yesterday - all I wanted was some bread...there wasn't any!! It wasn't even that they'd sold out, it was that EVERY shelf was given over to those blasted cakes:(

Still, I chucked one in the basket and being a non-believer, will make it into a rather devilish:devil: sticky-toffee pudding this evening!!;)

But ooohhhhh for a hot-cross bun or two with the butter melting tantalisingly on top...suppose I'll have to wait until Boscoe gets back from holiday and get him to get his electronic bread maker cranked up!!:p

DaveUKagain
11-04-2004, 18:37
Boscoe makes electronic bread ?? He solders it up, I presume ? :)

DPG
11-04-2004, 18:46
Certainly does - told me that he eats 'egg and solders' every morning!

DaveUKagain
11-04-2004, 18:48
:D

Ned Kelly
12-04-2004, 10:50
Khristos Voskrese!

As an aside, this site is full of philistines.

rantandrave
12-04-2004, 12:13
vo istinu voskrese

DJ Biscuit
12-04-2004, 12:25
Bunkum.