PDA

View Full Version : Vector Marketing - Beware -

Monti Cristo
02-04-2008, 17:57
Beware of Vector Marketing.

I agreed to work with two of their employees, recently. After being given the wrong directions to their offices, I finally found the place, but I was neither paid or allowed to meet with the person from the company who contacted me initially. One of my follow-up phone calls was returned with a message that they would contact me soon. They never did.

Bels
02-04-2008, 20:43
Beware of Vector Marketing.

I agreed to work with two of their employees, recently. After being given the wrong directions to their offices, I finally found the place, but I was neither paid or allowed to meet with the person from the company who contacted me initially. One of my follow-up phone calls was returned with a message that they would contact me soon. They never did.

Where do they advertise, do they advertise ob this forum. Unfortunately none of them name themselves here, so we never know who's who with these small schools. Yes it's a problem to satisfy yourself that you will be paid.

I assume this was freelance work, and I personally would never give credit to individuals or schools on first visit. If it's not an intrnationally school such as BKC and you cannot credit check them, Charge them a months fee in advance, including any call out charges. After all , as a self employed individual it's your right t o ensure you get paid. Anybody can find a number of students, and then seek a teacher afterwards, to do the work for them.

So, no credit to companies or individuals unless they can prove they are credit worthy.

Monti Cristo
03-04-2008, 23:20
They go throught the Expat.ru resumes and contact teachers. They are not a school.

Bels
04-04-2008, 00:02
They go throught the Expat.ru resumes and contact teachers. They are not a school.

Ten that is my constant argument here, we have a problem. We have rules here protecting individual members here. But this does not apply to schools or those who advertise to employ teachers. Fair enough teachers do enjoy personal enquiries seeking their own tutor or even to be within a group .

But those seeking teachers to employ is a different matter , those people are public and should identify themselves with their full credentials. That would be their company name, their registered address, telephone number and a company e-mail. This is where expat-ru is slipping up in their rules, and schools or so called employers are abusing these rules.

How do we know when someone is seeking a teacher that it is a school, a genuine corporate company who has nothing to do with esl , or whether it is a genuine individual seeking a private teacher. How do we know, depending on how they phrase their words ?

This matter needs sorting out !! And I really do welcome taechers responses to any requests they may have given in regards to posts requesting teachers on this forum.

We need feedback teachers! whether it be positive or negative !!

Monti Cristo
04-04-2008, 00:09
I don't think those companies, that puruse the resumes, should have to list their contact info. If they simply follow the Golden Rule, so to speak, they shouldn't have any problems at all.

Bels
05-04-2008, 01:00
I don't think those companies, that puruse the resumes, should have to list their contact info. If they simply follow the Golden Rule, so to speak, they shouldn't have any problems at all.

Why not, we need to know if they are licensed by the Russian government, and that they can employ expats legally!!!!!

They should have a registered address, and we should know who they are.

I also don't like such adds that appear personal, or appear they are a direct corporate company, when in fact they are simply third party agents trying to profit out of private teachers. It's ok if they accept the teachers fees of let's between 1500 rooblees to 2000 rooblees per academic and they offer something ridiculous like 800 rooblees, then you know that they are taking the piss, and trying to profit out of you.

And as ou said, how do you knoe who they are, and if they are reputable enough to pay you. If you can't credit check them then they must pay up front. PROFORMA INVOICE.

Bels
07-08-2008, 22:14
How are they doing now? Do they still exist?

andrich
01-09-2008, 22:30
Is this the same Vector Marketing that trains people in North America to sell knives??
Speaking of which, does anyone want some Cutco knives?? I hear a good knife is hard to come by in Russia. Cutco are a bit expensive but are equally remarkable in their cutting abilities.

Bels
01-09-2008, 22:38
Are they made from Sheffield steel? However we do happen to be in the teacher's dection here, and I think we are talking about a language school.

Although I haven't seen them advertise anywhere.

Bels
01-09-2008, 22:41
Sorry, reading previous posts they are not a school. But they do seek EFL teachers for employment. Has anybody heard of them? Not another Berlitz or Harvard Moscow is it?