PDA

View Full Version : Visa Facts

kapione
02-04-2008, 13:54
Visa facts :
I just returned from Kiev to get my 4th multiple entry Business Visa
Fact 1 is : If you are American or British national , you will need to either go back to your home country ,or if you go to Kiev Ukraine you will need residency , this will affect in these ways
if you want a Visa the same day(I am American you need this residency document if you are American)for get it unless you have this residency document, this takes 2 business days .... you need this only to get the Visa quicker , if you do not get that residency document you will need to wait 10 business days , the woman at the Russian Embassy was very polite ,but said no exceptions for this..... But this same woman gave me the business card of the agency that gives these residency documents....they also do Visa service too,,,I prefered this way ...if you want good service Private message me I will give you their email + phone number
I do not make a dime on this , this is my experience with my Visa nothing more
REMEMBER EXPAT was made to provide expats with helpful info ,I have noticed for months very few people gave detailed info as to their experience
Thanks for nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the trick to this new 90 in 90 out be a fool stay the whole 90day , be forced to stay out for 90 day (be a greedy pig they will catch you)

DO NOT WAIT SO LONG go on a mini holiday/vacation if you earn so much $$$

You will not need to get residency each time you go out of the country

If anyone has specific questions private message me I will do my best to answer your questions in a timely fashion

BUT remember EXPAT is for Helping each other ,have you helped anyone but yourself lately ?????

Judge
02-04-2008, 14:07
On your new visa you will be staying 90 days out of Russia when your 3 months are up??

Proper Bostonian
02-04-2008, 17:23
What about doing a personal (private) invitation? As I understand this can be done for a 3 month period also & costs much less than a commercial visa. My question is, on a personal invitation, can an American receive a visa in Ukraine, London or other country?

kapione
03-04-2008, 09:04
you can get what you want in any Russian embassy, but we as American will need to wait upto 10 business days unless you "buy" a residency document, or prove residency in the country you apply .... or go back to the USA or for other their home countries.

The trick around this 90 day in , 90 days out is do not max out your time, this is what officials want you to do , then they will say you have trouble with time and $$$ will solve this .....it was recommended to me to leave more frequently , such as every 45-60 days , it is like reseting the timer

important fact is as of March 31st 2008 no person has been expelled by this new law ,or have been denied reentry , but do not push this time frame , do as I suggested as was suggested to me ......

I hope this helps everyone, any questions PM me I will return your PM asap

Good luck everyone
and remember do not panic, and do not look desperate ,everything will be ok !

elis
03-04-2008, 10:27
Not sure if this helps, but . . . here's our story.

Husband and I went to Italy to renew visas. (Got 3 month, single entry, as his company is in the process of getting him the year long working permit visa and me the accompanying spouse one.) Husband has benefit of also having an Italian passport--of which the consulate made a photocopy. But, we got the visas in two days, in our American passports. I got my visa as well, even without an Italian passport. So, honestly, not sure if it was the Italian passport that made it easy, the small town consulate (rather than large Embassy in Rome--thank you Sal!!), or if Americans can stay in Italy longer than 90 days...

MissAnnElk
03-04-2008, 10:30
if Americans can stay in Italy longer than 90 days...

I thought, technically, Americans can NOT stay in the EU for longer than 90 days without a residency permit for that EU country.

elis
03-04-2008, 10:33
I thought, technically, Americans can NOT stay in the EU for longer than 90 days without a residency permit for that EU country.

That's why I was a bit confused as to how I got my visa. Maybe they were just being nice???

MissAnnElk
03-04-2008, 10:38
That's why I was a bit confused as to how I got my visa. Maybe they were just being nice???

I get the impression that there is a protocol, but that every embassy/consulata interprets these as they choose.

Proper Bostonian
03-04-2008, 10:47
What town did you go to Elis?

elis
03-04-2008, 11:18
What town did you go to Elis?

At Sal's suggestion, Genova-Nervi. Nice and quiet. No big city hassles.

kapione
04-04-2008, 15:57
why is no one else sharing their stories ???? come on people SHARE

moscowdrifter
14-04-2008, 11:14
Visa facts :
I just returned from Kiev to get my 4th multiple entry Business Visa
Fact 1 is : If you are American or British national , you will need to either go back to your home country ,or if you go to Kiev Ukraine you will need residency , this will affect in these ways
if you want a Visa the same day(I am American you need this residency document if you are American)for get it unless you have this residency document, this takes 2 business days .... you need this only to get the Visa quicker , if you do not get that residency document you will need to wait 10 business days , the woman at the Russian Embassy was very polite ,but said no exceptions for this..... But this same woman gave me the business card of the agency that gives these residency documents....they also do Visa service too,,,I prefered this way ...if you want good service Private message me I will give you their email + phone number
I do not make a dime on this , this is my experience with my Visa nothing more
REMEMBER EXPAT was made to provide expats with helpful info ,I have noticed for months very few people gave detailed info as to their experience
Thanks for nothing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now the trick to this new 90 in 90 out be a fool stay the whole 90day , be forced to stay out for 90 day (be a greedy pig they will catch you)

DO NOT WAIT SO LONG go on a mini holiday/vacation if you earn so much $$$

You will not need to get residency each time you go out of the country

If anyone has specific questions private message me I will do my best to answer your questions in a timely fashion

BUT remember EXPAT is for Helping each other ,have you helped anyone but yourself lately ?????

:redcard::bookworm: Hey KAP! FACTS? I'm not sure we can call these facts, let's be fair....I think only trustworthy, verifiable - or verified information, tried, tested and true as with time - should be disseminated here as truly helpful rather than misleading. Thanks though, this may be a helpful suggestion, but just not tested. I'm sure if it were completely true, we would have heard about 'successes' testing it by now, elsewhere....and I wish we had.
The bottom line is that the initial entry date is stamped clearly on your visa, and it is from that that they can begin to calculate the number of total days you've been in Russia out of 180 - if they want to. That's the key, but it's the luck of the drawer with each individual immigration officer or consulate staff....no telling! :question::eh::rules::yikes: So, unless someone out there, aside from yourself, is testing this theory, we won't know for a while if it has any degree of veracity until you have made several successful trips out of and back into Russia successfully with more than 90 days total in Russia logged out of 180, eh?
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it being true, that would be so easy....but is anything here that easy? I for one can't take that chance....:floating::confused:

kapione
17-04-2008, 11:15
in theory what you say is true, but then again this IS Russia ...do you think an overworked and underpaid borderguard really cares if you have legit credentials ??? this is a money game designed to squeeze free money from us foreigners ...if you dont pay one way you WILL pay another .....Here in Russian if you have the $$$ or the connections and $$$ your troubles go away like magic

I was told you go out before that mystical 90 day mark put in our VISA , anyone notice that the price of registration ineffect has doubled? before u got a 6 month reggy, now that 90day figure means you get a 90day reggy.... and it was 50 py more than my last 6 month reggy !

it is money plain and simple

kapione
17-04-2008, 11:19
there are no set rules or regulations for how long you can wait for your Visas in other countries .... and it can depend on your Nationality too
MY Fact is in Kiev (Im American) I did need a residency in Ukraine to get my Visa quicker or I would need to wait 10 business days

any question PM , I will do my best to help you ...so now worries , dont stress

and I do plan to go out at about the 65 day of my 90 days so I will tell everyone what happens

kapione
17-04-2008, 11:21
Americans can stay in Ukraine 6 months without a VISA or residency

Proper Bostonian
17-04-2008, 14:47
Assuming that's correct, the only reason to pay for residency is to hasten the process, correct?

kapione
17-04-2008, 22:38
thats right 100% if you want a Visa the same day forget about it in the Kiev embassy , you will need to go thru an agency (if you want the name PM me ) you go one day get the visa support , get your Multiple entry business Visa the next day $200 for the reggy $450 Visa support ...if you need copies they make them ...I suggest you bring extra photos (3 is the charm if you are asked for an extra) or they will make one for you right then and there, it is on the next block from the Kiev Russian Embassy.

any questions just ask me