PDA

View Full Version : Money questions about Temp. Res.

CaliforniaAngel
27-03-2008, 18:04
I have a few more questions that you would think would be easy answers to find but they are not. I think I will post them as different post so they can be answered more clearly.

The first is about the money...

-What is the fee for temporary residence application?

-When do we pay?

-Who do we pay?

Proper Bostonian
28-03-2008, 08:50
My husband just visited the Migration service office yesterday, so I know the application fee is 400 rubles. They do not take cash. You have to get a "kvintatsiya" from the Migration service, then go to Sberbank to pay. They will give you a receipt showing that payment has been made.

28-03-2008, 08:58
Right, you can pay just when you submit the application when all is ready.

Medical tests are also to be paid, if you go to the usual clinics you pay every time (3 times) to the local Sberbank. Be ready to queue... The total is about 1000 rub I think. If you go to a place that does all in one time, you pay the fee for the service in one time (Be sure the place is accredited to make tests for residence permit). The price is ... don't know, I read once 10.000 rub.

Proper Bostonian
28-03-2008, 09:27
Be careful about where you have medical exams done. My local FMS office at Universitet said they can only be done at their authorized clinics (not the all-in-one 10,00 ruble places such as SOS).

Tests cost 1275 rubles paid at Sberbank which unbelievably charges a % commission for this quintatsiya - state clinic to state bank 3% commision? Absurd, but I paid it of course.

Very important is where the 1st test must be done. I had to go to the VD clinic 1st. They take blood. No urine, no internal. One week later you pick up the results which I did yesterday. From there I went to the narc clinic since it was nearby. Didn't pay a thing there. I think the narc clinic certifies that you're not crazy nor have a substance abuse problem. "Stick out your tongue". OK. Got spravka. Next I'll do TB. After the 1st place, the sequence in which you do the tests doesn't matter, but they can not be more than 3 months old at time of submission.

CaliforniaAngel
28-03-2008, 10:07
I am doing the medical tests in the US. I will be submitting the application at my local consulate. I am wondering if the application fee is the same in each office or if it varies depending on who is workin.

Also is there another fee to pay when it is approved and you go to pick it up?

28-03-2008, 10:32
but they can not be more than 3 months old at time of submission.

Are yu sure it is not ONE month?

28-03-2008, 10:33
I am doing the medical tests in the US. I will be submitting the application at my local consulate. I am wondering if the application fee is the same in each office or if it varies depending on who is workin.

No other fee.

But are you sure you can apply for residence permit it in a RF consulate?

Looks very strange.

CaliforniaAngel
28-03-2008, 16:49
I have been to the consulate this week. They said they will accept this application. Of course I will believe it when it happens. I don't know if anyone has ever tried this way. Even the guys at the consulate are not sure how it works. At least they are willing to allow me to submit the paperwork. I will post online how this all works for me as I go along.

Bels
28-03-2008, 19:27

Your medical tests won't be valid. Be sure about that! You must go for medical tests listed by FMS, otherwise you're wasting your time.

Bels
28-03-2008, 19:35

California Angel, I've been reading your posts all over the place. Are you trying to take the piss or something.

May I state that there are members here taking this matter very seriously, and it is likely to be very stressful for thm going through this process at the moment.

We don't need such stupid comments like I've got my medicals in California, or whether residency is a simple stamp or a pasted document in your passport etc, etc.

cookie monster
28-03-2008, 23:03
Guess, that's a 1st if a russian embassy or consulate accepts application for residency. Cause I personally know a Russian Consul and in fact he doesn't really know the procedures for a foreigner who wants to apply for residency in Russia. I know for a fact, all the procedures in filing and medical tests have to be done in Russia otherwise the Russian FMS will not consider them to be valid. Unless, they just changed the procedures that a person can now apply at a Russian Embassy or Consulate, which none of us here in Russia are aware of.

So all I can say is best of luck in filing your residency in the U.S., which may seem futile...

Bels
28-03-2008, 23:11
HuH!

CaliforniaAngel
30-03-2008, 01:26
California Angel, I've been reading your posts all over the place. Are you trying to take the piss or something.

May I state that there are members here taking this matter very seriously, and it is likely to be very stressful for thm going through this process at the moment.

We don't need such stupid comments like I've got my medicals in California, or whether residency is a simple stamp or a pasted document in your passport etc, etc.

That was the rudest comment anyone has ever made to me on this website. If people like you are allowed to be so rude to honest questions about seriuos topics I can see why so many people have left the site.

I have been useing this web site for many years with great success in getting my problems solved. I am sorry you are here to muck it up this time. I will simply put you on ignore and forget that you even exist.

CaliforniaAngel
30-03-2008, 01:31
To the rest of the kind people who have tried to help, thank you very much. I know what I am doing is a long shot. To me it is worth it. It will be a few months still before I can get to Russia on any visa. I want to apply as soon as possible so I am breaking new ground and trying the unheard of. I will let you know how it turns out as I go.

I am sorry if my simple questions have offended anyone.

pjw
30-03-2008, 01:33
That was the rudest comment anyone has ever made to me on this website. If people like you are allowed to be so rude to honest questions about seriuos topics I can see why so many people have left the site.

I have been useing this web site for many years with great success in getting my problems solved. I am sorry you are here to muck it up this time. I will simply put you on ignore and forget that you even exist.

California Angel (I like your name by the way),
I can see by the amount of time youve been on the site and by the amount of posts youve written (youre not just a viewer) that you know if one person p..sses you off, its not just up and leave. Come on, dont play that way to think, oh s/he offended me, thats it! Come on. Youre from Cali, dearest. So lets see a bit of Cali and not just take my bat and go home. :11721::11721:

Bels
30-03-2008, 01:46
Just try reading, we are repeating ourselves.

And why for example do you need to know for example whether a reidency has a stamp or a special piece of paper pasted on your passport.

Of course it does look much prettier having a bsiness visa in your passport.

But the ugly stamp stating residency stamps, as there are two of them has much more clout here.

CaliforniaAngel
30-03-2008, 08:15
PJW- I like you name too. It reminds me of mine. My initials used to be PDW.

I am not going anywhere. I have been useing this site for fun and serious for way too long to let one persons bad attitude ruin it for me.

If this crazy thing I am doing works I will enjoy the shock. If it doesn't I will just start again when we do get to Moscow.

Thanks for the kind words. That is that friendliness I have always liked about this community.

pjw
01-04-2008, 01:23
PJW- I like you name too. It reminds me of mine. My initials used to be PDW.

I am not going anywhere. I have been useing this site for fun and serious for way too long to let one persons bad attitude ruin it for me.

If this crazy thing I am doing works I will enjoy the shock. If it doesn't I will just start again when we do get to Moscow.

Thanks for the kind words. That is that friendliness I have always liked about this community.

Good Cali Angel. I am happy for you. I love forum too. There is a very welcoming buzz, also a real deep authenticity. I have found some good friends here. Forum f. rocks!:SwoonLoveSmiley:

areej.masad
10-04-2008, 23:02
hi,
I know I should be answering questions here, but I have some questions to ask my self about temporary residence in Russia , am sorry to use your space but I hope it will benifit both of us ;)
with the new 90/180 rule with buisness visa things are starting to get stiff for me in Moscow...the thing is i got a job and now am confused how to proceed shall i get my work permit and then after getting my work visa apply for temp resd.? the thing is i don't understand what happens after the application , do they cancel your visa and you are allowed to stay as long in russia until you get your answer and leave with exit visa, or does the visa stay valid and you have to go by it, it makes a big difference for me to know since i want to apply soon, but i know that i can not get a work permit then and as i have a 3 months visa now i will be risking my new job if i apply for temporary residance since i have to stay out of russia for 3 months after i leave before i come back cuz of the new 1 year visa rule that states clearly that the forgiener should stay a max. of 3 months in russia each 6 months in a year.
any help would be very appreciated, thanks

Bels
10-04-2008, 23:58
hi,
I know I should be answering questions here, but I have some questions to ask my self about temporary residence in Russia , am sorry to use your space but I hope it will benifit both of us ;)
with the new 90/180 rule with buisness visa things are starting to get stiff for me in Moscow...the thing is i got a job and now am confused how to proceed shall i get my work permit and then after getting my work visa apply for temp resd.? the thing is i don't understand what happens after the application , do they cancel your visa and you are allowed to stay as long in russia until you get your answer and leave with exit visa, or does the visa stay valid and you have to go by it, it makes a big difference for me to know since i want to apply soon, but i know that i can not get a work permit then and as i have a 3 months visa now i will be risking my new job if i apply for temporary residance since i have to stay out of russia for 3 months after i leave before i come back cuz of the new 1 year visa rule that states clearly that the forgiener should stay a max. of 3 months in russia each 6 months in a year.
any help would be very appreciated, thanks

If you have a work contract from a company, who can give you the invitation what's the problem? You can stay for your contract

Problems arise when they can't invite.

You would only want residency if you want to stay in Russia, more likely married to a Russian.

So if the company can provide you with a work invitation, no problem.

If u want choice of employers being here, now that's a different matter.

muscovite
30-04-2008, 09:30
Be careful about where you have medical exams done. My local FMS office at Universitet said they can only be done at their authorized clinics (not the all-in-one 10,00 ruble places such as SOS).

Tests cost 1275 rubles paid at Sberbank which unbelievably charges a % commission for this quintatsiya - state clinic to state bank 3% commision? Absurd, but I paid it of course.

Very important is where the 1st test must be done. I had to go to the VD clinic 1st. They take blood. No urine, no internal. One week later you pick up the results which I did yesterday. From there I went to the narc clinic since it was nearby. Didn't pay a thing there. I think the narc clinic certifies that you're not crazy nor have a substance abuse problem. "Stick out your tongue". OK. Got spravka. Next I'll do TB. After the 1st place, the sequence in which you do the tests doesn't matter, but they can not be more than 3 months old at time of submission.

Please, help.

My husband has MS (multiple sclerosis). So all extra moves and activities are dangerous for him. We also leave in the University area. Can you tell us where to do all tests to reduce stress to minimum.
Any advice is highly appreciated.

Also, can anybody recommend a reliable lawyer dealing with residential matters?

Thanks a lot.

phoenixsampras
02-05-2008, 15:34
Do not be fool!!! he is not insulting, he just wants to collect money from you for all the advices you are receiving for free!!

Bels
02-05-2008, 16:30
Do not be fool!!! he is not insulting, he just wants to collect money from you for all the advices you are receiving for free!!

What me ! I don't want any money. I'm just trying to help, as I have personally all been through what all of you are now experiencing.

But I will say it again, go straight to your FMS and get your application completed. Don't dither about.

And first things first,get your police check, get it legalised, and then get it translated. With your application start visiting the medical centres listed by the FMS application. If they are not listed, don't waste your time.

phoenixsampras
02-05-2008, 23:18
Not you Bels, the holigan who was annoying "Angel"

What me ! I don't want any money. I'm just trying to help, as I have personally all been through what all of you are now experiencing.

But I will say it again, go straight to your FMS and get your application completed. Don't dither about.

And first things first,get your police check, get it legalised, and then get it translated. With your application start visiting the medical centres listed by the FMS application. If they are not listed, don't waste your time.

Bels
03-05-2008, 00:41
And I thought she was referring to me :) Sorry I was a bit blunt if you read previous posts. But that's only because some continue to ask ridiculous questions, and haven't got on with getting their police checks and grabbed their application forms. And when they start asking what their residency stamp looks like, OH! for goodness sake , get on with it, because after this long process of applying, you have another minimum of six months wait for an answer, so just get on with it. Learn by my mistakes, as I dithered about being worried of recieving a police check by Russian post,but it was ok in the END. Now if you do have personal fax, they will fax you. As long as they are convinced you are the receiver, and not a company.

So!! get on with your application, and ask qustions here, if need be.

Penguin_The_Great
03-05-2008, 22:54
Please, help.

My husband has MS (multiple sclerosis). So all extra moves and activities are dangerous for him. We also leave in the University area. Can you tell us where to do all tests to reduce stress to minimum.

Thanks a lot.

Muscovite, try asking at migrants.ru. They might be able to help you themselves or refer you to a reputable attorney. Use their question-answer section. They have been an excellent source of information for my family. They also seem to be very nice people in general.

Bels
03-05-2008, 23:08
If you are talking about the tests for residency, I had to travel to different areas, but I am in the western region. I have heard of having all your tests in one place in Moscow. You really do need to got to your FMS and ask for their list of clinics.

Going for tests, I wouldn't say it was stressful, but you might need to sit down and be patient at times. In fac if you are already prepared to be patient, you might not find the whole process stressful.

RRM
04-05-2008, 08:55
I didnt read the entire thread, once you are a temporary resident, how long does the exit visa take whenever you have to leave ?

Bels
05-05-2008, 21:45
You don't have to leave for 3 years, and by then you should go for permanent, that's if you don't want to return to your home country.
Permanent is five years :) :) :) YES PERMANENT :) :) However you have a right to go for permanent again, forget the citizenship. PROBLEMS!

phoenixsampras
06-05-2008, 08:20
What do you mean problems with the Citizenship? any disadvantages to be Russian in Russia? Higher Taxes? Lose of original Nationality?... please tell me Bels

You don't have to leave for 3 years, and by then you should go for permanent, that's if you don't want to return to your home country.
Permanent is five years :) :) :) YES PERMANENT :) :) However you have a right to go for permanent again, forget the citizenship. PROBLEMS!

Bels
06-05-2008, 12:12
This subject has been covered many times on different threads. You have to inform your own country that you are declaring your citizenship in Russia. This might cause problems when you want to return to your own country, especially if its Britain. And of course I want to keep my British passport, it's my identity, and my childrens' future identity, and I'm proud of our identity and freedom. And besides, there is no need to go that far.

Proper Bostonian
07-05-2008, 11:29
Please, help.

Thanks a lot.

Dear Muscovite,

Unfortunately this will be an ordeal given your husband's condition - it's an ordeal anyway, but I hope the following will help.

1. Make certain that the University FMS office is actually the one you are assigned to. They can be almost impossible to reach on the phone, but you can go there without your husband to confirm and to pick-up the anketa & bill for 400 rubles payable at Sberbank. They will also give you their official list of all required documents.

2. The 1st place to go is KVD #29 (sexual disease clinic) at Novocheremushkinskja, Dom 15/29. They are located at metro Akademicheskaya. You can take bus #218 or a marshrutka from the metro. It's about a 10 minute walk from the metro, but am assuming this might be a stretch for your husband. No appointments, no breaks as far as I recall. All they do is take blood. Two important things to note: he must have an officially translated, notarized copy of his passport in order to get the test done, and two, on your 1st visit they give you a bill which must be paid before they will do the blood test. Perhaps you should go alone the 1st time with your husbands documents to get the bill. You can return with your husband once the bill is paid. You'll have to wait a week before you can return to get the results & you can not go to any other clinics before receiving these results. Their tel #: 129-51-32

After receiving results of the above, the order in which the remaining tests are done doesn't matter.

3. Narcotics/mental health clinic (ND #12) is located at Sherbinka 10A; also at Akademicheskaya. Kind of a trek from the metro. I went there immediately after I received my results from the above place since they are relatively close to each other. Test is a farce - doctor just smiled, asked me to stick out my tongue & gave me my spravka. VERY IMPORTANT: you must have the spravka they give you from the sexual disease place when you go to all of the other places & always have the translated, notarized & original passport with you.

4. TB exam was the biggest hassle as it involves 3 trips. Visit #1 involves 1st seeing some kind of administrative doctor who gives you info for the tests along with coded slips for the tests. From her, you go downstairs & have the lung x-ray done. Unfortunately, you have to return the next day ONLY between 8-9AM with a urine sample & the coded test paper that will have your husband's name on it. Unfortunately, he will have to make this trip with you because after dropping off the urine sample you go to the laboratory for another blood sample taken from the finger. 3rd trip (I think it's 2 days later), you pick up the results.

5. Now that all test results are completed you have to go to Profsoyuznaya 16/10 (can't remember location details - map it on Yandex). Take all documents there. They take all of them except for one copy of your aids test results and give you a general health certificate which is the document that gets turned into the FMS office along with the aids spravka & all other documents.

Make sure you have all required documents apostilled, notarized, translated, etc. along with 2 copies of your anketa, photos, etc. when you go to the FMS to apply. The women at the University FMS office are quite nice other than the young girl who's in that office. I knew from my 1st visit there when I picked up my anketa, she wasn't very nice or helpful so when we submitted my application we waited to get one of the other 2 women. The girl to avoid is the one sitting to left of the door when you go into their office.

FMS office at University metro is: Отделение района "Ломоносовский" (улица Строителей, дом 11, корпус 1). As I said, make sure this is the correct one for you. Here's a list of regional FMS offices:

. (http://www.fmsmoscow.ru/otdelenija.php)

Good luck to the 2 of you.

Bels
07-05-2008, 12:34
You forgot first things first. As it takes time in the post, get your police check (subject access in UK) and get it apostiled (in other words legalised in UK) do it while doing your medical visits.

For Brits apply here; Metropolitan Police Service - Your rights to information index (http://www.met.police.uk/information/faq.htm)

And when have received it send it back to UK here to be legalised

: Legalisation (http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/what-we-do/docs-and-legal-services/legalisation/)