PDA

View Full Version : Experiences of getting visas overseas

cupcake
16-03-2008, 09:41
As requested by someone in the 90 day post below, I am posting my experience of getting a visa so that we can share our stories and situations and maybe each of us can learn things and work out our own situations!

Please continue to use this thread to post your own experiences.

My situation: dual citizen, UK and NZ, most recent NZ resident, arrived on tourist visa and my company is in process of getting me a work permit. In meantime I needed to get a new tourist visa so I went to London and got one issued same day valid for one month.

How it went: the only issue I had was that I had hand completed the app form having googgled the London Russian Embassy and seen an option for application form and clicking on that. So I had to go across the road to an internet cafe and fill it out online and print it (for the sum of 4 pounds!! sucha rip off). I had not seen the information on the General Info page of the website. In the line with me at least 1/4 of the people were turned back for the same reason.

So that is my story - very basic but I just wanted to remind everyone to use the form which you complete online!

kapione
16-03-2008, 09:43
why are you getting a tourist Visa ?

cupcake
18-03-2008, 15:07
because my company is getting me the work permit and want me to work right away