PDA

View Full Version : Personal Laptops

Albertina
15-03-2008, 23:00
How long do you keep your own laptop before replacing it with a new model?
Why do you buy a new one? (Mine will soon be 3 years old and I'm even thinking of buying a new one, but to be honest it still functions perfectly and meets my requirements). Am I missing anything by not upgrading to a newer model?!
Let's see what others do... :book:

Transparent Theatre
20-03-2008, 17:19
Most usually the "motivation" to get a new machine comes from software upgrades that require an upgraded machine... laptops are not so infinitely upgradeable as desktops.

Gypsy
20-03-2008, 19:53
How long do you keep your own laptop before replacing it with a new model?
Why do you buy a new one? (Mine will soon be 3 years old and I'm even thinking of buying a new one, but to be honest it still functions perfectly and meets my requirements). Am I missing anything by not upgrading to a newer model?!
Let's see what others do... :book:

Why???

Albertina
20-03-2008, 22:04
Why???

What why? :rant:

Gypsy
20-03-2008, 22:12
What why? :rant:

Why as in "what is the purpose of this? Why a poll? To what end?

Are you seriously going to change a buying decision based on the responses here?

Albertina
20-03-2008, 22:31
Why as in "what is the purpose of this? Why a poll? To what end?

Are you seriously going to change a buying decision based on the responses here?

Yes, I want to know if I'm the only one with a 3-year old computer or it's common. You got a problem with that? I don't care and you don't need to answer, but it's absolutely common curiosity to compare consumption habits to others. Geeze, maybe a bit of tolerance to others' interests would not hurt you. Take care.

Bels
16-04-2008, 22:13
Mine is 5 years plus, or should I say it's my wife's Roverbook.I couldn't take my big personal business computer from the UK, as It was too much to carry.
It's time for a change I know, even when I type it goes crazy, as the keyboard cursor jumps all over the place when I type sometimes, and some casings or letters don't appear. Sometimes the screen blacks out for a while.

Time for a new computer, Oh! and the battery doesn't work, it only works on direct electricity, and it gets hot if left on too long. Yep. it's like an old Lada.

For the moment it's at it's best, it's currently in a good mood.

Bels
16-04-2008, 22:18
Thanks for a useful thread Albertina. As for Gypsy, he's already given himself this reputation of being a Moaning Minnie on this particular forum. OOPS! I open myt grammar and spelling is ok for him :) :11513:

Judge
16-04-2008, 22:20
My lappy is about 2 years old,soon i'll trade it in.The dvd drive doesn't work,I put that down to burning too many films.:coffee::coffee:

Albertina
16-04-2008, 22:23
will you sell it or give it away? Is there a market for them? I'm thinking of still keeping mine, it's so small and robust... Vaio is incredibly reliable, no issues at all for over 3 years...

Judge
16-04-2008, 22:28
will you sell it or give it away? Is there a market for them? I'm thinking of still keeping mine, it's so small and robust... Vaio is incredibly reliable, no issues at all for over 3 years...

I'll keep it for something like online poker and games,not really worth selling,wont get much for it..
Mines a Vaio and the dvd drive doesn't work,not sure i'll be getting another Vaio because of this.I need a laptop,to burn baby burn..:verycool:
Oh yeah, I wont get another whiteish laptop, gets dirty too quick, I spend loads on wipes .

Bels
16-04-2008, 22:32
I've just voted your threat as excellent, Albertina. I hope others join in and do the same. It's on the the top right hand corner at the corner, RATE THIS THREAD.

This is an excellent facility on this forum which has been severely neglected by most members here. Start using it , and if used properly new members will see the stars and be able to choose the most recommended and useful posts here.

It might be a good idea for good thread starter to be rewarded in some way, by being given some rcognition as being good thread starters. Because this forum needs good thread starters to keep this forum alive, especially at the quietest of times like the Summer period.

Albertina
16-04-2008, 22:38
jaja - gimme some stars !!! :ok:
I'll get even more creative in the future, peut-etre...

Bels
16-04-2008, 22:51
Come on members, give her the stars. I've done it.:cheerleader:

Judge
16-04-2008, 23:06
Come on members, give her the stars. I've done it.:cheerleader:

She is already a STAR.:farout::farout:

Albertina
16-04-2008, 23:10
She is already a STAR.:farout::farout:

I might be, but what I'm not is a knight :10220:
Duchess of Tverskoy rajon. that's me :thumbsup:

Judge
16-04-2008, 23:13
I might be, but what I'm not is a knight :10220:
Duchess of Tverskoy rajon. that's me :thumbsup:

ok ok, let's not push it now,star is fine but a Duchess is a little too much..:10220::10220:

Bels
16-04-2008, 23:28
Agreed, but where are the stars for her thread, Albertina I think you can also rate yourself. You will only need one more to show the rating. I think this rating should be encouraged. Top of the page, and click rate this thread. Come on, this forum has been made , due to some minority rather empty, so we might as well use whatever resources we have left.

Albertina
16-04-2008, 23:35
I already can see the rating. 4 votes and I can guess them all :thumbsup:

Bels
17-04-2008, 00:30
Keep ging members, as this is the thread source to get used to this much neglected eeeerrrrrr!!! expat resources.

It must be because of my my fifth Nebskoye Ice :)