PDA

View Full Version : Iraqis Drag 4 U.S. Bodies Through Streets

Sleepy
01-04-2004, 11:32
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040401/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq&cid=540&ncid=716

FALLUJAH, Iraq - In a scene reminiscent of Somalia, frenzied crowds dragged the burned, mutilated bodies of four American contractors through the streets of a town west of Baghdad on Wednesday and strung two of them up from a bridge after rebels ambushed their SUVs.

Five U.S. soldiers of the 1st Infantry Division also were killed when a bomb exploded under their M-113 armored personnel carrier north of Fallujah, making it the bloodiest day for Americans in Iraq since Jan. 8.

---------------->

I'm glad I served my country in a time of relative peace. Things are getting pretty ugly.

sloktionov
01-04-2004, 12:25
God save America!!! Ever since the Bush clan's been in power the world itself seemed vulnerably fragile...

Ned Kelly
01-04-2004, 12:31
I don't want to get into the ins and outs of Iraq but I think human beings, wherever they are, that mutilate dead bodies are below animals on the evolutionary scale.

sloktionov
01-04-2004, 12:34
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
I don't want to get into the ins and outs of Iraq but I think human beings, wherever they are, that mutilate dead bodies are below animals on the evolutionary scale.

is mein kampf really handy on this site?

sloktionov
01-04-2004, 12:36
once upon a time there was a white protestant who decided that the rest of the world should live following "the right" order. his name was adolf and he and his bitch were shot and burnt.

navworld
01-04-2004, 12:40
Mars is starting to look pretty good right now!!!!!

sloktionov
01-04-2004, 12:41
Originally posted by navworld
Mars is starting to look pretty good right now!!!!!

scary but true :o(((

Ned Kelly
01-04-2004, 12:43
Originally posted by sloktionov
once upon a time there was a white protestant who decided that the rest of the world should live following "the right" order. his name was adolf and he and his bitch were shot and burnt.

in real time there's a moron called slotkionov who upon learning to read discovered Hitler was a lapsed Catholic and actually shot himself.

after that our hero sloktionov decided it was best he crawled back under the rock from whence he came.

the point i was making was that this knows neither race nor country, it's just terrible.

Free Man
01-04-2004, 12:59
http://www.newsru.com/world/31mar2004/massacre.html

http://www.vesti.ru/news.html?sid=9&id=52418#

DaveUKagain
01-04-2004, 13:04
Iraq, great place. I don`t think.

Couple of months back, the phone rang here with a job offer for me - guess where ? $450 a day tax free, Oracle database administrator, Iraq. This was just before one of the bigger bombs went off there. You may notice that I didn`t go. :) "It`s secure" they said, "We`ll look after you. " Yeah right, you`ll make me bomb proof ?

Whatever the justification (or not) for invading Iraq and Afghanistan, the US and UK have started off an unwinnable war and effectively created a permanently open wound. I wonder how many more open wounds will be created and how many more bodies dragged through the street until the realisation dawns that the war against terror is just a totally unwinnable public relations excercise ?

sloktionov
01-04-2004, 14:12
in real time there's a moron called slotkionov who upon learning to read discovered Hitler was a lapsed Catholic and actually shot himself.

after that our hero sloktionov decided it was best he crawled back under the rock from whence he came.

the point i was making was that this knows neither race nor country, it's just terrible.

no-no, real heros are being dragged through the streets of iraq :o) assumin' that's what they are paid for...

why do some macho-looking avatars sound like premenstrual women?

sfjohns67
01-04-2004, 14:15
Braders, if you're watching...please move this thread to Bardak, as I sense the distinct need to get medieval in the very near future...

DaveUKagain
01-04-2004, 14:16
Yep, gonna go ba-doom soon...... :)

Ned Kelly
01-04-2004, 14:43
Originally posted by sloktionov
[B

why do some macho-looking avatars sound like premenstrual women? [/B]

you might have mistaken a lack of tolernce for twisted little ****s like yourself for something else.

sfjohns67
01-04-2004, 14:46
Braaaaadeeeeerrrrrrssssss!!!!!!!

camaeljax
02-04-2004, 16:11
I'm a US navy vet - so this hits close to home. But to quote a line from Red Dawn "Cause we belong here - and you don't...!"

Funny isn't how this albeit atrocious display is horrible and generates world wide discussion of its well-deserved acknowledgement of barbarism....

that 10,000 civilians and 10,000 military deaths and all since then by such methods as fuel-air explosives, depleted uranium ammunition, Daisy Cutters, and cluster bombs is considered cilvilized, humane methods of mass murder

In warfare - it's the desperate asymetric tactics of the truly disadvantaged (the Iraqi freedom fighters) that get all the bad rap and press - and the gee-wiz hi-tech video game quality stuff that gets all the armchair quarterback ooohs and ahhhhhs of shock and awe.

Hypocrisy is a 2 way street

and whatever the legitamacy (not that there is any here) or situation - private "security contractors - read politically correct jargon for government sanctioned mercenaries - do not belong on the battlefield of a democratic country. But since the US is not -"said"- anymore - who really gives a damn, I guess...

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 16:24
But to quote a line from Red Dawn "Cause we belong here - and you don't...!" Camaeljax, that was one of the most Red -bashing movies ever made........ yep, it`s a nasty, rotten unpleasant little situation out in Iraq, but when a mob burn four men to death and hang the bodies off a bridge whilst celebrating then it`s very difficult to stop the pro-camp saying, "napalm `em."

camaeljax
02-04-2004, 16:36
and after we siege or napalm Fallujah every Islamic teenager in the world with nothing better to do is going to start strapping c-4 to his chest and running into every checkpoint, McDonalds, and everything with an American flag or accent they see....
and then further.....down the spiral.....we get to the really fun stuff like nuclear and biological weapons, religious pogroms, it just gets better from here on out baby....

my point is that we never should have been there in the first place....Cause they belong there and we don't!

And Yes Red Dawn is THE biggest pingkoe-bashin flick of all time - I'm a russophile and I still love it - although, my wife (a native of course) just looked at me with horror during the movie and for the next few days afterward.....
I can just hear the Iraqi's now "Wolverines!"

sir Gay
02-04-2004, 16:36
Originally posted by DaveUKagain
it`s very difficult to stop the pro-camp saying, "napalm `em."

but it is not humanly possible to napalm living beings. if homosexuality wasn't treated hypocritically, maybe saddham's father wouldn't produce saddham in the first place...

Ned Kelly
02-04-2004, 16:40
Originally posted by sir Gay
but it is not humanly possible to napalm living beings. if homosexuality wasn't treated hypocritically, maybe saddham's father wouldn't produce saddham in the first place...

that's one of the most profound "what ifs" i've ever read.

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 16:41
Canaeljax, let me ask you a question. If it was your son hanging off a bridge with his brains beaten out, would you be saying, "Oh dear dear, boys will be boys..... " - somehow think not. SirGay, you old wind up, it is QUITE possible to napalm people, you line the target up in the bombsight and press the button. The question is whether or not to do it, and when those little fellas on the ground are quite intent on filling you full of 23mm sized holes, the incentive is definitely there to take the easier option. Unfortunately. War is unpleasant and ugly, mutilation of prisoners goes a step beyond that. Out with the A-10 and fire `em up.

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 16:43
"and after we siege or napalm Fallujah every Islamic teenager in the world with nothing better to do is going to start strapping c-4 to his chest and running into every checkpoint, McDonalds, and everything with an American flag or accent they see...."

Yep. So. Why`s the US there ? Alllll together now, "Vietnam again".......

As for "nothing better to do", nope, they`re not lazy, shiftless and dumb, they`re now people on a mission. Mainly in Israel and Palestine, not Iraq, by the way. And there`s a near never ending supply of martyrs for the cause - so much for the war against terror- I agree with you 100%, Cam....

sir Gay
02-04-2004, 16:48
SirGay, you old wind up, it is QUITE possible to napalm people, you line the target up in the bombsight and press the button. The question is whether or not to do it, and when those little fellas on the ground are quite intent on filling you full of 23mm sized holes, the incentive is definitely there to take the easier option. Unfortunately. War is unpleasant and ugly, mutilation of prisoners goes a step beyond that. Out with the A-10 and fire `em up.

but some1's kids, too!!!! and it's not their fault that some1 from texas decided to liberate their country/village/town and left them without jobs/johns/roads/education - they DID not start the fire (or am i messed up again? );)

camaeljax
02-04-2004, 16:53
If it was my son(of course if I had having been in the service myself for eight years, I never would have let him join) - he wouldn't be in the big sandbox - because he would have gone to military prison before assisting with the invasion - Nuremburg Principles and all that.

Why is killing someone with an A-10, or torture, or cruise missle, or DU, or Daisy Cutter, or cluster bomb, or fuel air explosive any better - morally or aesthetically or whatever way you seem to be suggesting ,than what the Iraq "mob" did to those mercs.

and let me point out to you that "mob" means "people" as in "narod" as in "resistance"

if the people hate them (and by birth association us) enough to do that - what was we did in the first place to piss them off that much?

O yeah - invade their country, take over their government, and humanely pacify and bring democracy to about 20,000 of their corpses...(who use to be their countrymen, and families)

that would make me wanna string up, burn and mutilate, my oppressors too - how do you think the folk in Topeka or Lancashire would react - just as bad if not worse....

I'm a heartless antiwar monster, I admit it - I have no sympathy for the mercs - they came by complete choice (read money)
I just wish it had been Bush, Cheny, Rumsfeld's, and Blair's corpses on that bridge instead
I want all our REAL troops safe the only way possible - bring them home now, whatever the consequences and pay war repararations

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 16:55
War ain`t a game where you play fair, unfortunately. You go to war to win and dead is dead, whether someone gets a musket ball in the chest or is roasted from 10,000 feet from someone in a F-4. Point is, guerrila wars (as Iraq and Afghanistan are turning into) are essentially unwinnable - you can occupy the territory but in-fighting amongst the various factions and the general detestation of the population for the invader means you`re not going to win in the long run. So. As Cam says, "Why IS the US in Iraq and Afghanistan ? " - it was in Afghanistan as a result of the Taliban sheltering international terrorists. Fair enough. Turning the situation into some kind of jihad and extending it to countries "we don`t like" based on guesswork disguised as intelligence - whilst, at the same time, waving the flag at Iran and North Korea is just ridiculous.

sir Gay
02-04-2004, 16:55
that's one of the most profound "what ifs" i've ever read.

thnx, ned. and i appreciate you referred to me as little **** somewhere above. when/if i plan to get an MBA in mega-**** i'll call YOU:p

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 16:59
"Why is killing someone with an A-10, or torture, or cruise missle, or DU, or Daisy Cutter, or cluster bomb, or fuel air explosive any better - morally or aesthetically or whatever way you seem to be suggesting ,than what the Iraq "mob" did to those mercs." Simple answer is that war is conducted to rules. Part of the rules are that you don`t batter someone to death, burn `em and hang `em off a bridge. That is less than disgusting. Cam, you know that if you put on a uniform you take the risk. And - Lordy, if you`re from a family of serviceman who`d prefer to go to prison rather than fight.......

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 17:00
Sir Gay, do your f*cking in Bardak, please. ;-)

peyote
02-04-2004, 17:04
ah, the world is a safer place! ain't it? :(

camaeljax
02-04-2004, 17:07
No - I am (was) the serviceman - yes I would rather go to prison than fight (and kill) in an unjust war - just following orders didn't work in Nuremburg - why should it work here.

The "rules" of warfare only seem to apply to the side with the already huge advantage of uncomparable technology, weapons, and money.
"Rules" means its ok for the side with all the "shit" to kill hundreds and thousands of people with the press of a button -
and the rules say the third-world opposition can't use resistance ("terrorist") tactics (about the only chance against the enemy he stands of taking out one or few of them before he buys it) or take out their frustration that the side who "plays by the rules" just killed their entire family from 100 miles away with a little venting mutilation and Yankee merc roast - because THAT is not honorable

War is war - plain and simple - their is no "rules",honor, good, or bad....
just the offense and the defense and the winner and the loser...which means the one left alive at the end
Here we are the offense - a position that we should never be in according to long valued (and now trashed) principles....so what's left...

sir Gay
02-04-2004, 17:14
Sir Gay, do your f*cking in Bardak, please. ;-)

only if ned joins me there;)

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 17:15
I agree 100%. They`ve already won, because they have the capacity to sicken and repel people in their comfy armchairs on the other side of the world. "Vietnam 2". Cam, it`s when your views become the de facto standard view of the US electorate that the troops`ll be pulled out. The Sunni and Shiite forces`ll then massacre each other and the US`ll be paying to rebuild an economy which it can`t use. Perhaps the only good thing about this is that the Jihad Against Terror is proving too disgusting to continue. Both sides need to disengage, and - with apologies to our Jewish readers - I think the US has to reassess its` links and policies with Israel, which is the crux and tinderbox here. Not that I`m advocating or castigating Israel, but...... jaw jaw is better than war war.

sir Gay
02-04-2004, 17:24
and the US`ll be paying to rebuild an economy which it can`t use.

how bout the contracts bush is distributing tween the allies? and oil deposits? bush is also convinced that money makes the world go round (a russian thing as referred to in another forum)

camaeljax
02-04-2004, 17:29
Can't argue about much there - although you do seem to be leaving hte UK out of any mention, role, or responsibility there....
I'm pro-Israeli - and even I agree they need to finish the wall fast - get behind it - and start a real truce effort from that position.

THe other missing elements - is pull our troops and bases out of the whole Middle East where they don't belong, stop propping up their dictatorships, and stop buying their oil. Let them bring whatever culture, government, and society that is best for them the only way it is possible - by and for themselves.

Religion and money - shouldn't other things be more important like say art, and science, and ...well for the sake of the general expat audience out there....and yes ...sex too...

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 17:32
Originally posted by sir Gay
how bout the contracts bush is distributing tween the allies? and oil deposits? bush is also convinced that money makes the world go round (a russian thing as referred to in another forum)

Any contract will only work if you have a stable puppet government there to guarantee the wheels keep turning.

Prepare for a long stay in Iraq to "help return the country to democracy".

Fully agree about us being "Little Satan" too, Cam. :)

Poika
02-04-2004, 19:09
Do not see them if you're not ready.

http://www.islam-online.net/English/alhadth/2004-04/01/article01.shtml

DaveUKagain
02-04-2004, 20:47
Seen `em before, also the ones of the Jenin massacre victims and the purported ones of Sheik Yassin with his novel new -look head. And also tons of ones of victims of the bombings in Baghdad and Afghanistan, numerous ones in Kosovo, Desert Storm, UN troops roasting kids over fires during peacekeeping operations........ and that`s the ugly face of war. If everyone had these pics laid out in front of them and someone said THAT is reality, wake up, the world might just be a more civilised place. But. Without opposition, evil will always, always spread. So. It`s unfortunately ugly reality. There y`go.

ReturnOfBroadmoor
02-04-2004, 21:42
There is one root cause of this problem. It is not Islam. It is not US policy. It is not Israel. It is INBREEDING! 40 per cent of marriages among Arabs are within the family! How can this produce anything except addled offspring who cannot create, but can only destroy? Communism fell on its own, because information crept in behind the Iron Curtain. How can you get a product of generations of cousin marriages to understand anything but "Kill! Destroy! Maim!" Such a person is frustrated. He does watch CNN somehow - but he knows he cannot achieve anything that he sees in the West because he can barely read. When he tries to learn to read, all that sinks in is a few Koranic verses, taken completely out of context, that are taught to him by some barely lettered wannabe mullah.

The worst part is that there is no end to this problem, unless some sort of genetic therapy becomes available. In the meantime, appeasement is no way out. Sorry, but wild animals must be caged, put in preserves, or destroyed once they threaten civilization. And it is clear as night and day. Berlusconi may be a crook, but he got it right. We have civilization, and THEY DON'T! Does a single Arab country have a government that allows for any sort of discourse to flourish? I do not think that even "managed democracy" can work in such a society, although it might be worth trying.

Another solution does exist - and it may happen. That is the end of the petroleum economy. Now, the scientists in Israel may just be the ones who will find a substitute for petroleum. The Saudis, who fund all of the violence, know this...............

Zachariah
02-04-2004, 22:10
Religon of peace, MY ASS!!!
Please move this to Bardak that we may give proper attention to this.
Z

ReturnOfBroadmoor
02-04-2004, 22:51
The question is - does this murderous ideology have anything to do with Islam? Religious Muslim friends of mine from Turkey would certainly say that the answer is no. However, they are not inbred morons, and they know how to understand the Koran in a way that is in line with their responsibilities as members of a civilized society. Anyone can interpret any religion as he sees fit; the so called Christian resistance movements out in the Western US are no better than Muslim terrorists - but they are considered fringe lunatics within a civilized society, and if they step out of bounds, they go to jail. Jewish extremist movements are highly restricted/banned in Israel and their leaders end up in and out of prison (the one leftover Jewish extremist group in the US is also on a list of terror organizations; it is beyond pathos and probably consists of five male members, all of whom belong in padded cells). These extremists, whose ideology is based on strange mystic interpretations of Judaism, are regarded as beyond contempt at worst, or mentally ill at best. Their Arab counterparts are considered heroes within their society.

sir Gay
05-04-2004, 10:24
Originally posted by ReturnOfBroadmoor
There is one root cause of this problem. It is not Islam. It is not US policy. It is not Israel. It is INBREEDING! 40 per cent of marriages among Arabs are within the family! How can this produce anything except addled offspring who cannot create, but can only destroy? How can you get a product of generations of cousin marriages to understand anything but "Kill! Destroy! Maim!" Such a person is frustrated. He does watch CNN somehow - but he knows he cannot achieve anything that he sees in the West because he can barely read. When he tries to learn to read, all that sinks in is a few Koranic verses, taken completely out of context, that are taught to him by some barely lettered wannabe mullah.

The worst part is that there is no end to this problem, unless some sort of genetic therapy becomes available. In the meantime, appeasement is no way out. Sorry, but wild animals must be caged, put in preserves, or destroyed once they threaten civilization. And it is clear as night and day. Berlusconi may be a crook, but he got it right. We have civilization, and THEY DON'T! Does a single Arab country have a government that allows for any sort of discourse to flourish? I do not think that even "managed democracy" can work in such a society, although it might be worth trying.

SIEG HEIL! SIEG HEIL!! SIEG HEIL!!!!!
ReturnOfBroadmoor, duce!

And when shall we have the privilege to see our illiterate dislalic/dislexic Bush in a cage? I'll make donations for his lunches.

then if you assume that some nations are lower on a genetic scale (gee! i can't believe i'm writing THIS in the 21st century!) why are americals so pissed off when blacks in other non-arii are not treated well enough in moscow?

and whe are you personally so obsessed with iraqi's personal life - they can marry even their mothers (which is not that rare in the states, btw) - it is (or rather was) their right as a free people/tribe whatever you, nazi, call it.