View Full Version : Vegetarians

Miracle77777
15-03-2008, 03:03
Please - your pro and contra.....

In termes of health.....
rationality.....
tastes.....
e t.c.

NB: Please - be tolerant in your posts...as initial intention - is just to review this from different sights...not to abuse someone or make an adept,,,,:D

Thanks............

pjw
15-03-2008, 03:12
V. good thread idea Miracle. I´ve been veggie for 14 years now. Basically, what happened was, I tried to be veggie and then absolutely heart and soul lost the taste for meat. Strange huh? I used to eat a kebab every day. I can´t eat meat anymore. Meat really disgusts me. Now I buy a leek and cook it up with a garlic soup and pasta or rice. And I feel fine. Good thread Miracle. Interested to see what others have to say. :vampire:

iceman
15-03-2008, 03:43
"On a similar note I must confess to you, I'm giving very serious thought... to eating your wife."

Transparent Theatre
15-03-2008, 06:04
Haven't eaten meat for about 27 years now :)

Malypense
15-03-2008, 10:32
I eat fish but rarely, if ever, eat red meat. I can't digest it anymore, I can also taste the blood in it for some reason, never used to, maybe it's imaginary, but I don't really like the taste.

I naturally go for vegetables and grains.

MickeyTong
15-03-2008, 12:41
I was vegetarian for 5 years, because I think the factory-farming system is obscene. But my ethics disappeared after a bacon sandwich one night while I was drunk.....

Mete
15-03-2008, 13:09
I have been vegetarian for about 6 years. What happened to me is someting very similar to what's described above,I just lost the taste of meat. I still eat dairy products, though I feel much better when I do not but it's just something I like too much.

LalaLu
15-03-2008, 13:53
I prefer to say that i don't eat meat than saying that i am a vegetarian, is more suggestive. it's been 8 years now.

i had a quite serious health problem and had to have an operation, but somebody who i knew sent me to a naturalist doctor. i followed his tratament and i got out of the problem without any kind of drugs or operation.

it was the moment when i realised the importance of what we are eating. and after this the vegetarian style of life just came naturally.

MissAnnElk
15-03-2008, 22:32
I'm an omnivore. Love meat . . . good meat. Think we were designed that way and it is difficult for me to get adequate protein through other sources.

Can't imagine life without foie gras.

Mais, chacun a son goût.

P.S. I love what Jamie Oliver is doing in regard to educating people about where food comes from and why humanely raised food costs more . . . and what he's done regarding school lunches.