PDA

View Full Version : Searching of students

Miracle77777
15-03-2008, 02:54
Did someone use TMTimes' ads for finding your private students??
Please, discuss best ways to make your researches??
Or...it is a big secret?? ;)

SalTheReturn
15-03-2008, 10:32

there was a thread about this

do you wanna students for the piano stuff?

Miracle77777
15-03-2008, 23:44
there was a thread about this?

Thanks, Sal......
Could you post a link for me of that Thread??

do you wanna students for the piano stuff?

Actually, I was interested....why when I put advertisements in TMTimes for a few weeks - no one had call me......:eh:
while, here, on Expat - I get a few students through our Marketplace?????
:zoom:

Just curious.....

SalTheReturn
16-03-2008, 01:04
Thanks, Sal......
Could you post a link for me of that Thread??

Actually, I was interested....why when I put advertisements in TMTimes for a few weeks - no one had call me......:eh:
while, here, on Expat - I get a few students through our Marketplace?????
:zoom:

Just curious.....

how much did it cost?

honestly i think the MT it is more about language-related jobs but lots of people told they were getting calls from schools rather than from private clients

sorry too lazy to search the thread:-(((

maybe it was before the crash

Miracle77777
16-03-2008, 01:09
sorry too lazy to search the thread:-(((

Had no doubts about it - just wanted to check my intuition:D

Bravo - you passed a test :beerbros:

Miracle77777
16-03-2008, 01:10

If it was before the crash - no need to raise it up - and time to renew this topic.....;)

Bels
21-03-2008, 23:36

TM Times , do you mean the Moscow Times. Yes there was a thread about it it in the teacher's folder about best ads. I'm busy anyway , but I'm worried about the Summer when it slackens off. So, under recommendation from this thread stating that there is good response from the Western oblast for kids and adults I'm going to give it a try for the Summer. My turnover will at least double in September, I am certain. But I need to look after in the Summer months.

I'll let you know.

Bels
21-03-2008, 23:40
Does anyone know of good Russian speaking forums or sites that are good for teachers to advertise either for groupd=s or one to ones? Especially for children or youths. I would like good responses, and strangely enough, you do have a higher response advertising in Russian

Miracle77777
22-03-2008, 00:30
Thank you, Bels...
I was counting on your help, when created this Thread ^^

TM Times , do you mean the Moscow Times.

TMT - abbreviatura from The Moscow Times...;)

Yes there was a thread about it it in the teacher's folder about best ads. I'm busy anyway , but I'm worried about the Summer when it slackens off. So, under recommendation from this thread stating that there is good response from the Western oblast for kids and adults I'm going to give it a try for the Summer. My turnover will at least double in September, I am certain. But I need to look after in the Summer months.

I'll let you know.

Thanks - will wait for your info...

Does anyone know of good Russian speaking forums or sites that are good for teachers to advertise either for groupd=s or one to ones? Especially for children or youths. I would like good responses, and strangely enough, you do have a higher response advertising in Russian

And here I could help you....
The one, which is very popular among Russians is
www.slando.ru

You could try to post there ads - it is for free...and pretty much peoples visit it...

If I will find more - I will post here....:)

Judge
22-03-2008, 13:13
I don't search for students they find me.:11157::11157:

bambina
22-03-2008, 13:36
I have couple of students but they found me, so, I can advise only to pass a word among friends, because that's hwo they found me :10293:

Bels
22-03-2008, 15:51
I don't search for students they find me.:11157::11157:

Yes, but for how much. It's easy to get them for 800 rublees an hour for example. And it's always wise too have too many, and continiously raise the price for those hours you don't need.

For those students I've had since since 2005, I'm very much afraid to charge them what I now get with most recent students. I need backup, so that if they say it's far too much, that I can just say there are plenty of students waiting to take their place.

Bels
22-03-2008, 16:25
Thank you, Bels...
I was counting on your help, when created this Thread ^^

TMT - abbreviatura from The Moscow Times...;)

Thanks - will wait for your info...

And here I could help you....
The one, which is very popular among Russians is
Частные бесплатные объявления на сайте Slando - доска объявлений. Дать объявление - автомобили, недвижимость, знакомства, работа, продажа (http://www.slando.ru)

You could try to post there ads - it is for free...and pretty much peoples visit it...

If I will find more - I will post here....:)

Thanks for the link, and here's the thread started by Th&Vk

http://www.expat.ru/forum/teachers-discussion-folder/49572-where-advertise.html#post312766