PDA

View Full Version : My application is in and has been accepted

ezik
13-03-2008, 18:29
A non-quota application, as I'm married to a Russian. To answer one question that has been hanging around for a while: if you apply for a RP because you're married to a Russian, there is no proof of income or capital needed.

The waiting begins here. All papers were checked and accepted.

Moreover, UFMS has stamped my immigration card. If there is any confusion about the 90/180 days rule on passport control when I fly home next week, UFMS is stating that they have all my documents and I'm not violating any visa rule.

This re-confirms that the 90/180 rule is NOT retro-active. UFMS cannot state anything that violates Russian laws.

I must add, though, that due to some support, I didn't have to wait in the hellish queues. However, I had to comply to all rules that are there. I spent the day getting some papers corrected before I finally got everything accepted at 3 PM.

A few tips here:
- Your Police report needs to have an apostille. And it needs to get a notarial translation. Just a police report without any authentication of the source is not accepted. There are some rumours that Embassies back home can help you getting the document authenticated, but the quickest way is really to get the document, the apostille and translate it here in Moscow.
- Time saver: make sure that your "anketa", the application form, is filled in without any corrections. In duplo, of course. When you get the application form, make a few A3 copies so you can practice if your Cyrillic writing isn't 100 %.
- Make sure you know the full name of your parents, wife and kids, as well as their date and place of birth and their nationality. Sounds stupid maybe, but you don't want to loose a day because you can't remember your daddy's date of birth.

Good luck to all going through the same process at the moment! :)

Bels
13-03-2008, 18:59
Welldone eziknow you can relax and wait. Good post and I confirm everything you state as the same as I've experienced. I still don't write in Russian though, my good wife did everything for me.

Judge
13-03-2008, 21:14
Congratulations ,there is light at the end of the tunnel...Crack open a bottle..

phoenixsampras
13-03-2008, 21:17
Welcome to the Jungle!!!

Don't forget to buy a new apartment to apply for the next step: Permanent Residency.

ezik
13-03-2008, 21:22
Welldone eziknow you can relax and wait. Good post and I confirm everything you state as the same as I've experienced. I still don't write in Russian though, my good wife did everything for me.

Welcome to the Jungle!!!

Don't forget to buy a new apartment to apply for the next step: Permanent Residency.

You mean I need to buy ANOTHER new apartment? So I need two in total?

Jeez, this one already cost me an arm and a leg... :D In cash...

All, thanks for your congrats and comments :)

Bels
13-03-2008, 21:52
Appropriate smilies at last :):fireworks::hooray::10518:

Congratulations Ezik, as you've got through the first stage, and now you can relax and wait. At this time I went to England, near Oxford and taught English at a Summer School.

I had to return to England anyway as my visa had expired. We had assumed that on our application being accepted that we could wait for the results of our application. But unfortunately they refused this request, and I had to go.

Due to this assumption, we didn't apply for an invitation before my need to leave Russia, and as you you know it takes time to get an invitation.

We were already drained of cash for various reasons, and I decided to go to work, where I would be provided free accomadation, food and a miserable income.

But it was a great experience teaching foreign kids in my own country, including some Russians, and being amongst other teachers, whilst waiting for my invitation to return to Russia and soon to get acceptence for my temporary residency

Bels
13-03-2008, 21:53
Welcome to the Jungle!!!

If he or his wife already own a flat or other form of residence, then they're ok.

Proper Bostonian
14-03-2008, 09:58
Congratulations Ezik!

Perhaps you can give some advice concerning points 16 & 17 on the anketa.

Did you really have to fill in info concerning your past 5 years of employment? I ask because I've been here these past 5 years & have worked "unofficially". I declare & pay taxes in the USA (SSI, FICA, etc) on earned income here, but have not paid here since I never officially worked here. Any suggestions on how one deals with this?

Same question applies to point 17 re: declaration of income.

Your thoughts/advice appreciated.

Bels
14-03-2008, 10:29
In my personal experience there was no requirement for you to declare income. Many are in the same boat, of where they have no right to work without a residency. Go ahead and get your application, and if you haven't already, get your police check with the apostil as your first step.

Proper Bostonian
14-03-2008, 10:50
Bels, are you saying points 16 & 17 on the anketa should be left blank?

Fingerprints have finally been accepted & approvd by U.S. FBI & am now waiting for apostille from State dept. so that's almost completed. Big question remains about how to fill in these pts. on the application. Have I been an unemployed housewife the past 5 yrs? Then why did I need commercial visas all these yrs?

ezik
14-03-2008, 11:11
I was required to fill in number 16, but no additional proof was required.
I was told to leave number 17 blank, it was not needed.
Also, number 18, my tax number, was not required.

Re paying taxes: the US might have a tax treaty with Russia, in which case, you often have a choice on where to pay taxes. However, as number 18 could be left blank, they wouldn't have the most convenient key to your financial dealings.

Now, applying for a temp res permit is however a good reason to start and figure out your taxes. No-one wants to pay taxes, but make sure you're legit.

Congratulations Ezik!

Perhaps you can give some advice concerning points 16 & 17 on the anketa.

Did you really have to fill in info concerning your past 5 years of employment? I ask because I've been here these past 5 years & have worked "unofficially". I declare & pay taxes in the USA (SSI, FICA, etc) on earned income here, but have not paid here since I never officially worked here. Any suggestions on how one deals with this?

Same question applies to point 17 re: declaration of income.

Your thoughts/advice appreciated.

ezik
14-03-2008, 11:12
Bels, are you saying points 16 & 17 on the anketa should be left blank?

Fingerprints have finally been accepted & approvd by U.S. FBI & am now waiting for apostille from State dept. so that's almost completed. Big question remains about how to fill in these pts. on the application. Have I been an unemployed housewife the past 5 yrs? Then why did I need commercial visas all these yrs?

You needed the commercial visas in order to be here. It was common practice. MVD and MID recognise that.

bambina
14-03-2008, 11:22
OOO, Ezik congratulations, I have gone through all this process and I can understand your happiness, I know that it is a very painfull process in fact, at least for me it was. I wish you to through the rest of it with easiness, may all Russian females sitting there be kind at the day you go there :).

Cheers!

BrianS
14-03-2008, 13:27
I'm still waiting for mine to be approved....5 months and counting.

ezik
14-03-2008, 15:03
OOO, Ezik congratulations, I have gone through all this process and I can understand your happiness, I know that it is a very painfull process in fact, at least for me it was. I wish you to through the rest of it with easiness, may all Russian females sitting there be kind at the day you go there :).

Cheers!

Thanks Bambina!

Getting the paperwork done wasn't that difficult. Mostly common sense and I put my father in charge (officially) to request some papers from the authorities back in Holland. Also choosing a good courier was essential because of the time frame.

The medical tests weren't that intrusive and it went all quite smoothly. Of course, as a Dutchman, special attention was paid to me when getting the narcology certificate. :D That was actually quite funny!

I bought a box of NICE chocolates for the kind lady who is in charge of my application. She smiled and told me that the hardest part is already behind me.

ezik
14-03-2008, 15:03
I'm still waiting for mine to be approved....5 months and counting.

Then you're 5 months ahead of me. :)

6 months seems to be the usual time it takes.

cookie monster
16-03-2008, 11:04
When I had my narc test, the guy just looked at me smiled and signed my papers, and hopefully my permit will be issued next week, just 5 mos. And I did have to leave to obtain another visa back to Russia.

Bels
16-03-2008, 11:36
Lucky you ,it took me more than 7 months, and I thought it was du to their workload being inclease by additianl applicants. They say you have a right to complain after six months, but what's the point.

Perhaps they have become more efficient, but that doesn't sound typical to me. It must be a feeling of great relief to you now.

Bels
16-03-2008, 11:44
When I had my narc test, the guy just looked at me smiled and signed my papers, and hopefully my permit will be issued next week, just 5 mos. And I did have to leave to obtain another visa back to Russia.

Perhaps I miunderstand you here. Your narcotics test????? Sorry you've got at least six months wait yet, before you will get d your permit, and be able to claim that you won't have to leave the country.

You're not talking about a work permit rather than a residency, are you??
Now if you were stating that you were going to get your fingerprints done and your photo taken for the Russian police records I'd believe you.

cookie monster
17-03-2008, 15:09
The narc/psycho test was the last of all medical requirements, then I submitted it to FMS last Oct my application for residency. However since my visa was about to expire I had to left Moscow also in Oct and came back to Moscow last Dec, and it was nice that FMS, especially the Head Office in Pokrova to provide me updates on the wherabouts and status on my docs.
So basically, anytime from today till Friday I have been informed that they will officially issued my 3yr. perm res for Russia.

Bels
17-03-2008, 18:42
Now I understand, it all fits now. You might find that you are now on the list, Printed and displayed just outside the FMS office. It looks like your'e just about to celibrate, as it's unlikely that you will need to apply for another visa now. Congratulations, yet another expat gets through the long process. And by the sound of things there are quite a few on the way.

cookie monster
21-03-2008, 14:10
I just received my 3yr. temp. res. this morning. The waiting time from the day I submitted my docs. took exactly 5 months and 1 day.

WARNING: I was informed, that should your passport be lost or stolen, they will not stamp your new passport with the temp res., but you have to undergo the whole process again. So for all of you who has just gotten your temp res., take extra care of your passport.

Proper Bostonian
21-03-2008, 14:18
Congratulations!

BrianS
21-03-2008, 14:24
Yes Congrats!

cookie monster
21-03-2008, 14:50
Tks, it was a long wait, now I hope I have no regrets in making a decision from resigning from 24years of service with the Dept. of Foreign Affairs which I could say was an exciting life always on call and on the go, to make a major career change to lwork and live in Russia.

Hmmm, it's TGIF, so will get drunk tonight and tomorrow night with Doug at Hot Dogs / Boar House

cheers mates, I can really say T.G.I.F. :fridaysign:

Judge
21-03-2008, 15:01
Congratulations Cookie.....Only 5 months that's very quick....hope mine takes 5 months..enjoy your drink...

Bels
21-03-2008, 19:38
Congratulations cookie, five months is very good, hopefully they are starting to get more efficient.