PDA

View Full Version : Preach it, brother Khodorkovsky

trackhat
31-03-2004, 08:50
In essence, we are witnessing nothing less than the liberals' capitulation. This capitulation is not merely the liberals' fault, of course, but also their misfortune. Their fear before a thousand years of history has been spiced up by the powerful taste for creature comforts acquired in the 1990s; their servility is built in at the genetic level, as is their readiness to forget all about the Constitution in exchange for another serving of sturgeon and horseradish. Russian liberals were ever thus, and thus they remain.

http://www.moscowtimes.ru/stories/2004/03/31/006.html

I wish I was rich enough to say things like that in public. Then again, he's saying them from prison...

Random
31-03-2004, 10:08
Ah yes but did he actually say them ...

:confused:

Limitchik
31-03-2004, 10:09
If it meant not having to be careful about dropping the soap, I'd write Mein Kampf backwards with my eyes closed.

abc123
31-03-2004, 10:34
I wonder if those words of his were nothing more than a result of coercion exerted upon him by the prosecutor’s office. Or just the first step of some behind-the-scenes deal making that should ultimately entail Khodorkovsky’s release from prison, as some reports suggest.

It is hard for me to believe that people belonging to the top layer of the Russian business elite under normal circumstances would have the decency and integrity to come forth with such a denunciation of their own shady path that led them from rags to riches.

ReturnOfBroadmoor
31-03-2004, 11:35
Some say the article is a forgery - who knows? In any case it is an attempt to get out of jail - but not free, and for a lot more than 200 dollars.

trackhat
31-03-2004, 18:02
Originally posted by Limitchik
If it meant not having to be careful about dropping the soap, I'd write Mein Kampf backwards with my eyes closed.

The last thing my Jewish friends need is a gang of dyslexic skinheads chasing after them...