PDA

View Full Version : Russian men are so romantic!

stefania2003
30-03-2004, 22:47
Got my third proposal for a fictitious marriage ....this one offered $50,000 although I think his ardour was dampened when I told him after marriage to one Russki, 50 million wouldn't buy me:))
My last two proposals were about 15 years ago but then it was understandable - interesting that people are still desperate to leave this place. I told him I knew a website full of crazy people who'd actually come from the West to live here:))

trackhat
30-03-2004, 23:02
50 thousand???!!?? Really!! I'd do it!! I want 50 k, or a pre-remont apartment in the center. Not a gay marriage, of course - then again, I don't know if one can procure citizenship through a gay marriage under the Bush administration although it did make a funny episode of Drew Carry.

DPG
31-03-2004, 00:00
Actually, as a totally hypothetical question:

Let us imagine that there exists a handsome, polite, charming British guy in Moscow who is a bit strapped for cash at the moment and whose value system and ethics wouldn't be violated (usually they would but he is really short of money) by marrying a Russian woman for money and providing her with that all important, heavily sought after passport with the Queen's crest on the cover...where would I, oppps I mean he find such a person???!!!;):D

<<I knew a website full of crazy people who'd actually come from the West to live here>>

It cracks me up when Russians find out where you are from and this look of absolute amazement appears on their face and they just ask you in a puzzled, baffled voice "why did you come here??"...never fails to make me smile!

uninformed
31-03-2004, 09:27
Originally posted by DPG

It cracks me up when Russians find out where you are from and this look of absolute amazement appears on their face and they just ask you in a puzzled, baffled voice "why did you come here??"...never fails to make me smile!

Actually, some of the most miserable people I've met here are Russians who fled/left in the 80s-90's and now, for some reason, have been transferred here by their company or are working here for some reason. The wives, in particular, absolutely hate it. The men don't seem very happy, either. And kids feel they are in hell.

Limitchik
31-03-2004, 10:01
Someone please restrain me.

Ghost
31-03-2004, 11:15
Count back from 10 with me, Dre...

FLEUR
31-03-2004, 12:36
Stephania, how much did you say? 50K?
he can do it for much less with an agencies specializing on that then why would he ask you? He might have been drunk - or just showing off his money - Don't belive men, especially Russian men, Stef. You should have told him: ok, cash or check - And he would say - em, I've got to think t over and he will dissappear...

stefania2003
31-03-2004, 13:23
Fleur, I just posted that proposal because I thought it was (mildly) amusing but hell will freeze over before I believe a single word a Russian man says:)) I've been living here too long for that! I think however that there are still people who want to get out or go abroad and start scams there but .....'Lyudi razni' ......(excuse my bad translit - comp doesn't read Russian fonts).

sloktionov
31-03-2004, 15:33
Women always inspire [heterosexual] men for great things and... always prevent them from actually doing...

DaveUKagain
31-03-2004, 16:17
Lawdy !! I`ll marry meself for $50k...... there must be a catch in this somewhere..... ;-))))

ReturnOfBroadmoor
31-03-2004, 16:56
Is Sidney Bliss SO desperate that he is offering $50k to anyone who will marry him?

Pussy Cat
31-03-2004, 17:34
Originally posted by FLEUR
- Don't belive men, especially Russian men...

He heh... a bit feministic, but true:):p

Filimon
31-03-2004, 17:36
Despite my burning desire (as a Russian male) to reciprocate in the form of pointing out some of the "qualities" of Western women, I will reserve my judgment on the above matter and attribute some of the comments to the general lack of ability to avoid generalisations among some of the members of this forum.

sloktionov
31-03-2004, 17:40
Originally posted by Filimon
Despite my burning desire (as a Russian male) to reciprocate in the form of pointing out some of the "qualities" of Western women...

don't forget them males, too, dude. everyone's pooh stinks the same. however - pax vobiscum

stefania2003
31-03-2004, 22:42
Sorry to Russian men I offended but if you notice your own countrywomen rubbish you a lot more than we 'Western women' do on this site and outside of it:)

sevan
01-04-2004, 09:23

sevan
01-04-2004, 09:25
Originally posted by Limitchik
Someone please restrain me.

No, I don't think that you should practice restrain....

Filimon
01-04-2004, 13:02
Originally posted by stefania2003
Sorry to Russian men I offended but if you notice your own countrywomen rubbish you a lot more than we 'Western women' do on this site and outside of it:)

no more than, say, UK women rubbish their men. I think DaveUK will support me on that. :)

It does not mean, however, that being British or Russian makes a man more/less romantic/attractive/lovable/greedy/rich/bastard/ignorant/knowledgeable/fat/fatheaded/smelly/... (delete as appropriate).

DaveUKagain
01-04-2004, 13:36
S`funny, but - regarding my much vaunted (Russian) ex, I`d actually gone out for years with an English girl who treated me in much the same shabby manner. I reckon they were long lost cousins. :)

I think there`s a tendency for some folks (me at least) to go for the exotic and unusual in a relationship, which usually means I`m attracted to women from a different culture. Probably more than a few of the lady posters on this site feel the same way.... ? However, at the end of the day, we all end up alike in more ways than we differ. ;-)))))

Perhaps, as an afterthought, it`s more a case of "familiarity breeding contempt"..... we can get tired of bored of our own countrymen / countrywomen, want something different, if only just to relieve the boredom ? No idea. ;)