PDA

View Full Version : Life is far to short....

House Doctor
29-03-2004, 13:28
Often we get tied up in our own existence, we forget what is really important in life, our health, our family and our friends....

A little question to you all...

What is really important????

What can we individually do to improve not only our lives but those of people we do not know.....
:shhhhhh:

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 13:32
Having some self respect - and -
Treating others with respect and dignity

Random
29-03-2004, 13:36
Way too deep for a Monday .......

moscowmail
29-03-2004, 13:38
The usual answer I suppose, treat others the way you wanna be treated....

sloktionov
29-03-2004, 13:43
Concur with the above: no self-respect - no respect for others (and vice versa).

House Doctor, did you already have the answer before asking?

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 13:50
:) Is this a good time to mention that having been forced to do (unpaid) 60 hour weeks for a month, then getting told I was coming in on Saturday, Sunday and coming to work at 6am on Monday I said "Stick your job up your (expletive deleted) " ;-))) I think the key to it was on Friday - had to explain something about the IT system to the directors, one didn`t understand, looked an idiot in the meeting, so she stormed out and then - get this - had me scraping Blu Tack off the walls all afternoon on Friday ? The IT manager ? Yeah right, I`ve got the wages for this month !!!!!! So !!!!!! - OUT. ;-)))))) No regrets, there`s a lot more jobs out there. ;-)))) The point is, every single thing you do in life comes back to you, and do whatever your conscience tells you to do so long as you`re prepared to take the consequences of your actions. The bosses rang up and asked me NOT to go, for God`s sake - so I`ll probably get some contract work off them before they return the bitch - slap back with compliments, but....... every single thing y`do comes back to you. ;-))))) So. Do unto others, or they`ll do back to you in spades. ;-))))))

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 13:53
IE, Life is far too short not to have a life. ;-)))))

kak
29-03-2004, 13:56
I thought you'll write smthing like this Dave:
"Life is far too short to smoke bad cigars" ;)

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 13:57
Actually true, mon ami !! ;-))))))))

House Doctor
29-03-2004, 13:58
Concur with the above: no self-respect - no respect for others (and vice versa).

House Doctor, did you already have the answer before asking?...

Sorry, I can only pose a thought, maybe analyze a little, offer a little advice and then.... well we are all capable of sorting our own problems if we take control....

It is helping others we are not good at, our own world is far to important...

kak
29-03-2004, 14:00
or...life is far too short to sit in front of screen all day, we should all quit this board ;)

ReturnOfBroadmoor
29-03-2004, 14:01
Life is far too short - but my dong is far too long. Oh, well, what can you do?

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 14:03
I think it`s a lack of understanding that "someone else`s problems " eventually become your own. No man is an island and we all have to live together in the same environment, at the end of the day. I`ll go off and help anyone who asks without thought of anything coming back - trouble is, the usual state of affairs is that nothing DOES come back - but - you can only be yourself, can`t you ? :)

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 14:03
RoB - fold it double, like in the limerick. ;)

ReturnOfBroadmoor
29-03-2004, 14:05
Actually, I wind it around a sort of coil when it is not in use ;)!

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 14:07
My eyes are watering just thinking about that....... eek !! :)

House Doctor
29-03-2004, 14:18
There are some very interesting characters on this site, perhaps we can analyze a few....

ReturnofBB - generally a guy who likes to be involved, maybe some personal issues he needs to deal with, basic insecurities, don't know him but reading between the lines, intelligent, but has some problem, maybe health, I general an good guy who would help anyone with anything he was able to do.

Limitchik - again seems to be a good person, male, I would say he was in some sort of sales profession, good with words and humor, uses a few logins I think.

Fa-q - interesting guy, seems to be full on person, I would suggest he is either black (as in not a white person) or wants to be one.....probably an artistic person.

Moscowmail - nice guy, bit of a control freak, has a temper, but tends to be fair, seems to be fairly happy with life and secure in his mind.

DaveUK straight to the point, in a round about way, takes a while to get there, signifies he is sort of alone, maybe a bit insecure, but certainly a good guy

OK, back to you people, be ice though .

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 14:22
Well, I`m financially insecure at the moment !! ;) Hehee !! - back to the job hunt !! ;-) Alone ? Naaaaaah - you`re never alone with a stogie. ;-)))))

ReturnOfBroadmoor
29-03-2004, 14:24
Hmmm....most of my supposed problems may have to do with the fact that my online identity is a bit divorced from my reality......

Limitchik
29-03-2004, 14:57
Originally posted by House Doctor
Limitchik - again seems to be a good person, male, I would say he was in some sort of sales profession, good with words and humor, uses a few logins I think.

A few logins ? Wherever did you get impression ? Strange. Very strange, indeed.

Hugh Jass
29-03-2004, 14:59
Beats me, Limitchik. You've always seemed a straight-shooter to me.

-Hugh

P.S. I had no idea you could benchpress 300lbs with one hand !

Halyavshik
29-03-2004, 15:00
You're far too honest for that, Limi, dear. I know you have one login and one login only.

Mandy.

P.S. You're so funny and handsome !

Ned Kelly
29-03-2004, 15:00
Great to see Hugh back!
I was tired of that self-righteous do-gooder Limitchik.

Halyavshik
29-03-2004, 15:04
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
Great to see Hugh back!
I was tired of that self-righteous do-gooder Limitchik.

I think they're both kinda cute

Ned Kelly
29-03-2004, 15:12
Originally posted by Amanda Huggenkiss
I think they're both kinda cute

tramp.

Limitchik
29-03-2004, 15:27
Originally posted by Ned Kelly
tramp.

She and Maya are like two of a kind.

Ned Kelly
29-03-2004, 15:34
I've got some time for Maya, she has a pretty unfortunate name that might have made life not as easy as it might have been. Mandy is a tart out for cheap thrills and trying to scam onto the nearest do-gooder american.

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 15:41
(affects US accent) - "Waaaal Hi there Amanda" :)

sevan
29-03-2004, 15:44
Hello, everyone, I need Amanda Huggenkiss!

Random
29-03-2004, 15:46
Dave a) are you sucking on a maglite ??? b) Don't do it mate !! this Amanda, if Ned is right, will suck you in and then blow you out in bubbles ...no wait thats a good thing !!!

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 15:52
Random, you`re not wrong there - me maglite`s flashing on and off just thinking about it, and Sevan`s eyes are bulging out !! ;)

sevan
29-03-2004, 15:55
which one of us is missing something?

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 15:57
Can`t be you, Sev - with eyesight like that ?? :)

Halyavshik
29-03-2004, 17:25
I'm trying to figure out what a maglite is and why Dave's is flashing, before I answer

Random
29-03-2004, 17:26
http://www.maglite.com/product.asp?psc=2AACELL&pt=R

I reckon that what Dave has in his mouth ....

Halyavshik
29-03-2004, 17:30
Originally posted by Random
this Amanda, if Ned is right, will suck you in and then blow you in bubbles ...no wait thats a good thing !!!

Who's Bubbles ?

Random
29-03-2004, 17:33
He's a West Ham supporter ...

:p

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 18:39
Michael Jackson was also forever blowing him.......... :)

DaveUKagain
29-03-2004, 18:40
"Them", sorry. ;)

House Doctor
30-03-2004, 10:42
Very interesting the way some people, usually the same people, take over threads, is this also a sign of insecurity, a lack of imagination......?

Well, I suppose my boring topic was either to uninteresting or too close to the bone....hmmm.

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 10:54
Very interesting the way some people, usually the same people, take over threads, is this also a sign of insecurity, a lack of imagination......?

Well, I suppose my boring topic was either to uninteresting or too close to the bone....hmmm.

Doc, your original question was "What is really important????" Right.

For different people the list of important things differ depending on the life prefferences, needs and enviroment...Some of them want to be serious, some do not...others take over threads...;)

They say "live and let live" ;) Isn't it important? ;)

Besides, you analize people here most of time, what about sharing something about yourself for a change?

Random
30-03-2004, 11:08
Sorry Doc what was the question ? been a bit busy getting on with my life .....

:D

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 11:16
Sorry Doc what was the question ? been a bit busy getting on with my life .....

I bet "getting on with life" means = busy writing cooking recipes book :cool:

Random
30-03-2004, 11:21
No it means sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine and reading other peoples cook books ....finding something I can do ...then going on the hunt for the ingredients ...then avoid chopping the end of my fingers off and or getting burnt ... then sitting back down with another glass of wine to enjoy the fruits of my labour !!

:)

sfjohns67
30-03-2004, 11:35
...and inviting your good friends from the expat site to join you if they promise to bring a couple more bottle of vino?!

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 11:36
No it means sitting on my balcony with a glass of wine and reading other peoples cook books ....finding something I can do ...then going on the hunt for the ingredients ...then avoid chopping the end of my fingers off and or getting burnt ... then sitting back down with another glass of wine to enjoy the fruits of my labour !!

:)

Random, cruel you! :mad: Some people have work! They can't spend time in contemplation with a glass of wine all the day ...unfortunatly..:shame:

Doc, do ya see? That's what they call the importance of life: To enjoy it!by every sec ( and we didn't take over your thread)

Random
30-03-2004, 11:45
Tiffany I am sat at my desk at the moment beavering away ! I wish I could be sat on my balcony as its a nice fine day !!

SFJ - top idea I might hold a soiree when I am back from blighty ...

Also agree we didn't hijack your thread we have just moved it on to the finer moments and things in life ....

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 11:51
Give me your five ;)

Random
30-03-2004, 12:06
Originally posted by Tiffany
Give me your five ;)

Five what exactly ?? Five - O ?? You want to go to Hawaii ??

I am just showing my age ?

:confused:

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 12:17
Hilarious!

But I didn't mean Hawaii :rolleyes:

*shaking hands*

Random
30-03-2004, 12:22
Oh !! :shame: That thing done by our American cousins ..all slapping of hands in the air and funny handshakes ...only funny handshake I do is inside the lodge ;) ...

Understood now

Whoop ! then and high five or however it goes ...

sevan
30-03-2004, 12:38

some rambling thoughts....

House Doctor, you made some interesting observations about posters here. Unfortunately, your topic *was* boring and a bit trite. Also, it didn't give us the opportunity to discuss the important things in life, like subjunctive participles, or whatever Limitchik and DPG were going on about for the last week. :o ;) :p

Why do people take over face-to-face conversations? Would you call that insecurity or lack of immagination? Can you really diagnose that habit without knowing the individual? Doesn't it depend partly on the moderator's (moderator usually being the person who started the thread) ability to guide the conversation? It also depends on the participants' interest in the topic of conversation. You probably wouldn't get to far, for example, trying to discuss rocket science with your average auto mechanic (sorry if I have offended any rocket scientists-turned-auto mechanic out there).

You, as "moderator" of this thread, chose a topic (what is important in life), then changed it (analysis of regular expat.ru posters), and then complain about us getting off-topic? This isn't a homogenous community here - you've got to expect your thread to get hijacked, either by the fools, by the "grammar nazis", or the indignant liberals! You want a thread that will stay on topic? Just make an incorrect statement about English (or Russian) grammar, defend it poorly...and away we go! :)

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 12:55
Oh !! :shame: That thing done by our American cousins ..all slapping of hands in the air and funny handshakes ...only funny handshake I do is inside the lodge ;) ...

Understood now

Whoop ! then and high five or however it goes ...

:) Yeah, those Damn American cousins...:cool:

RE: you version...

What did you say about Hawaii??? I wanna hear more...:rolleyes:

Random
30-03-2004, 13:04
Originally posted by Tiffany
:) What did you say about Hawaii??? I wanna hear more...:rolleyes:

Lived on Oahu for a while, about 9 months in total spread over 2 winters. Its not a bad place, would go back. Just at the moment it's a long way to go for a weekend break !

;)

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 13:06
Originally posted by sevan
You want a thread that will stay on topic?

I have a guess, our House Doc gave up to fix our hoplessly full of "insecurity" brains... So far, he rather is busy writing our deseases histories...soon the prescription will be issued

sevan
30-03-2004, 13:10
:o :rolleyes:

Tiffany
30-03-2004, 13:11
Just at the moment it's a long way to go for a weekend break !

;)

Besides, Back to impoRtancy matter. What is the short way to go for the weekend for fun and jollies of life? Any ideas?

(note: "MilkyWay eternal path" sort of ideas are not accepted. let's stay realistic)

DaveUKagain
30-03-2004, 14:32

May be a sign of how much online time they have. ;-) Or "Journalistic bent". (Never wanted to be a bent journalist, though. ;-))))))) )

Doc, your stethescope has a knot in it. ;-)))))))

moscowmail
30-03-2004, 19:08
Originally posted by sevan
some rambling thoughts....

House Doctor, you made some interesting observations about posters here. Unfortunately, your topic *was* boring and a bit trite. Also, it didn't give us the opportunity to discuss the important things in life, like subjunctive participles, or whatever Limitchik and DPG were going on about for the last week. :o ;) :p

Why do people take over face-to-face conversations? Would you call that insecurity or lack of immagination? Can you really diagnose that habit without knowing the individual? Doesn't it depend partly on the moderator's (moderator usually being the person who started the thread) ability to guide the conversation? It also depends on the participants' interest in the topic of conversation. You probably wouldn't get to far, for example, trying to discuss rocket science with your average auto mechanic (sorry if I have offended any rocket scientists-turned-auto mechanic out there).

You, as "moderator" of this thread, chose a topic (what is important in life), then changed it (analysis of regular expat.ru posters), and then complain about us getting off-topic? This isn't a homogenous community here - you've got to expect your thread to get hijacked, either by the fools, by the "grammar nazis", or the indignant liberals! You want a thread that will stay on topic? Just make an incorrect statement about English (or Russian) grammar, defend it poorly...and away we go! :)

Wow, Sevy baby, your a bit harsh aren't ya???? be nice to da daktor, he de man ;)

Braders
30-03-2004, 19:18
Sorry Doc ;);):) i couldn't resist :)

perhaps we can analyze a few

analyze this :getlost: