PDA

View Full Version : I need HELP with choosing location - German theme

Roxy
09-03-2008, 23:27
Hi,

The one's that already been harassed by me will know that i'm planning a German meetup for the 22nd of March... but i'm kind of stuck about choosing location, i would like to go somewhere preferably "germanly themed" any ideas?

Just to make this a little more exciting: i will owe a drink to the person with the winning idea!

tonihax
10-03-2008, 00:22
Hi,

The one's that already been harassed by me will know that i'm planning a German meetup for the 22nd of March... but i'm kind of stuck about choosing location, i would like to go somewhere preferably "germanly themed" any ideas?

Just to make this a little more exciting: i will owe a drink to the person with the winning idea!

Dont have any idea on a german theme except that germans love drinking beer :11157: therefore you may consider Tinkoff (an authentic russian brewery) near Smolenskaya :11158:

jumatre
10-03-2008, 00:42
Hi,

:idea:Whatabout the cantine in the german embassy? cannot imagine a more "germanly themed" place... :mml:
Ja, ich weiss, war nicht gut...

Gypsy
10-03-2008, 00:45
Hi,

Bavaria sounds ideal Either komsomolsky Ppt or just off Tverskaya near the American Bar and Grill.

Roxy
10-03-2008, 09:44
Oh and by the way, if any of you speak German you are welcome to join us. The "next German meeting" thread is in the multilingual section :)

I love the repllis so far... the canteen sounds tempting!

Albertina
10-03-2008, 11:19
Please, no Tinkoff.

There are dozens of places: Pilsner, Bavaria, Munchen, BierHaus, etc.

I personally prefer Pilsner on Mayakovskaya for their sausages.. A bit arrogant and slow staff though.

Bavarian_in_Moscow
10-03-2008, 12:46
Well, the last German Language Meetings were either in Pilsner (quite nice, but not German), in Bavariaus at Mayakovskaya (they have some kind of beergarden, what is nice in the summer) or in Beerhaus ( - . (http://www.beerbar.ru/)). We were there a few times before and it is actually not so bad, with decent food and prices and also not too noisy, so one can actually hear what the other person is saying.

jumatre
10-03-2008, 12:58
Oh and by the way, if any of you speak German you are welcome to join us. The "next German meeting" thread is in the multilingual section :)

I love the repllis so far... the canteen sounds tempting!

Klar, werde ich... I will try to convince the ambassador to us his kitchen and eating room, but I dont believe to be successfull enough...
Please let me know if you find the place - I would like to join you

Sharalumi
10-03-2008, 15:07
I woudl recommend Schwarzwald, located behind T-Modul on Tishinskaya. I have always enjoyed good food and their HB beer is one of the best in Moscow. Viele spass

Roxy
10-03-2008, 16:31
I woudl recommend Schwarzwald, located behind T-Modul on Tishinskaya. I have always enjoyed good food and their HB beer is one of the best in Moscow. Viele spass

I was trying to find it on the net.. they are listed on directories but i couldn't find a webside for that place... do you know of one? Also is it a "restaurant restaurant" kind of place or is it somewhere you can just sit down to have a drink?

jumatre
10-03-2008, 16:41
I was trying to find it on the net.. they are listed on directories but i couldn't find a webside for that place... do you know of one? Also is it a "restaurant restaurant" kind of place or is it somewhere you can just sit down to have a drink?

Roxy, if I can help: I do live 300 meters from Tishinskaya. I could go to Schwarzwald, have a look at the site and ask them for more details?

Roxy
10-03-2008, 16:54
I was going to set up a poll and let the people decide where to go, but if you happen to walk past it, an web address would be useful

jumatre
10-03-2008, 20:49
I was going to set up a poll and let the people decide where to go, but if you happen to walk past it, an web address would be useful

I will go on wednesday there and let you know.

Albertina
10-03-2008, 22:47

i'm interested in this one... never been. don't do polls on this - we don't know all the places and the results won't tell you anything.,..

kowalsky45
10-03-2008, 23:51
Last week me and few of people from my Company (Germansic!) and VIP-s from German HQ have hade very nice diner in very interesting Georgian (!) restaurant У ПИРОСМАНИ
119435, Москва, Новодевичий пр., 4

.: (http://adresa.yandex.ru/company.xml?company=1909947&region=1)

Lot of wooden furnitures, lot of paintings on the walls, really - good and width range of meals, beer, wine, vodka.
All Germans colleagues after bier-aperitif changed preferences by VODKA БЕЛЫЕ ЗОЛОТО (White Gold). Deep frozen., really incredible tasty)))

P.S.
Pianist and fiddler playing not to silent, but after few drinks alles ist egal)))))

Roxy
11-03-2008, 00:43
Why was my thread moved? Its nothing to do with this week(end) ???!!!

TD
11-03-2008, 00:57
this forum is intended for all gathering and meetup threads, not just on the weekends... ;-)

jumatre
11-03-2008, 00:57
Why was my thread moved? Its nothing to do with this week(end) ???!!!

because of the dark power in this page!!! it must be us-american, with us-american destinations (hemingways, etc.,) and with a clear pro us-american target...
but we still resist!!! go ahead, roxy!!

jumatre
11-03-2008, 01:17
this forum is intended for all gathering and meetup threads, not just on the weekends... ;-)

So why is your partner, friend, and whatever expatresse making propaganda for the meetings on the next weekend, dear TD, Super TD, Mega TD?

And not only she, but (strange) mostly us-members of this site? have anything against germans? again? still? hmmm...

jumatre
11-03-2008, 03:24
did you notice, roxy, after our coments suddenly all the threads from the us-bastion regarding weekends etc. have been removed...
o tempora, o mores!!!
after they (the dark side) felt something of not so moral..

Roxy
11-03-2008, 08:21
did you notice, roxy, after our coments suddenly all the threads from the us-bastion regarding weekends etc. have been removed...
o tempora, o mores!!!
after they (the dark side) felt something of not so moral..

Lol... Don't worry i think we're safe!
And about the Germans - you're just jealous about them having better beer and cars!

Roxy
11-03-2008, 08:29

Well, its more of a "german bars review thread" then a meetup thread..... But never mind, i'm happy for it be be wherever :10168: .. i just hate not to win :irule:

Maybe we should have a new category... "all posts by insane Roxy"

jumatre
11-03-2008, 11:10
Lol... Don't worry i think we're safe!
And about the Germans - you're just jealous about them having better beer and cars!

Can you imagine? after more then 20 years living in Germany I never had a german car (dont like to drive) nor do i like beer prefer wine) very much...

Roxy
11-03-2008, 13:08
Can you imagine? after more then 20 years living in Germany I never had a german car (dont like to drive) nor do i like beer prefer wine) very much...

You weird person lol... 20 yrs is a long time, how did you end up in Moscow?

mac2008
08-05-2008, 23:26
would be also interested in a german-meeting. by the way - i like to speak english but we can come together - german and english speaking people....