PDA

View Full Version : Russian Visa in Turkey

greener
07-03-2008, 14:13
all -

i tried to seach thru old threads, but i could not locate anything on Turkey. Can anyone tell me how hard the process is to get a visa for Russia in Turkey. The invitation will be for me and my family, so the other main point is if my entire family has to show up at the embassy to get the visa and exactly how long the time is between submitting the paperwork and getting the visa.

any help or information is appreciated!!

turkgida
07-03-2008, 15:06
I'm afraid your message is not clear enough.

Are you a foreigner residing in Turkey, or a Turkish citizen?

Are you planning to VISIT Russia for leisure (tourist visa)
... OR ...
are you MOVING here with your family?
on a business contract or for any other purpose?

Details please and I'll respond asap...

Love & regards

greener
07-03-2008, 15:57
my family and i are U.S. citizens. In the past, we have went to Riga and Helsinki to get our new visas. Both Riga and Helsinki are pretty easy, or at least they were. This year we want to get our visas while on vacation in Turkey in Antalia.

The plan is to leave the family and go up to either Ankara or Istanbul myself to put in the paperwork, and then either wait until they are done (if there is a way to pay for expediting them) or return once they are done without my family.

I have done it this way in the past in Riga, where they don't require the entire family to show up when applying and picking up the visas.

thanks in advance for any advice!!

turkgida
07-03-2008, 16:15
I've got best news for you, greener. There is a consulate in Antalya!!!

So, whether they need to apply in-person or not, things will work fine for the rest of your family.

Here are the details:

Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Antalya:
Address: Park Sokak, 30, Yenikapi, Antalya
Phone: +(90-242) 248 32 02
Fax: +(90-242) 248 44 68
E-mail: rfconsulate@ttnet.net.tr

Honestly I don't know their conditions but I'm really glad that at least you can arrange everything without having to leave antalya, for ank/ist.

Wishing you the best...

p.s. if you come across any forms russian&turkish only, please feel free to forward them to me, i'll be happy to translate turkish to english for you. (sorry no russian here :( )
so keep in touch :10220:

th&vk
08-03-2008, 09:14
But doesn't the new "only in home country or country of legal residence" rule apply? Does it depend on what kind of visa? It sounds like you must be getting a legitimate work visa - but still I thought even that had to be gotten back home (or location of legal residence). Hope I'm wrong for your sake ... let us know.

BrianS
15-03-2008, 16:18
I am still at odds with this supposed "only in home country or country of legal residence" rule. WHERE is this stated exactly? As a U.S. citizen I have had to come and go several times for new visas and while they have imposed a 10 day waiting period on me. They have NEVER said nor have I ever seen where it says a U.S. citizen HAS to obtain a new visa in the States.

As for Turkey....I did get a visa last year in Istanbul, BUT it was before the new rules so I don't know how they handle things now.

kakefe
21-03-2008, 22:43
I'm afraid your message is not clear enough.

Are you a foreigner residing in Turkey, or a Turkish citizen?

Are you planning to VISIT Russia for leisure (tourist visa)
... OR ...
are you MOVING here with your family?
on a business contract or for any other purpose?

Details please and I'll respond asap...

Love & regards

i have the same question except citizenship..

i am a turkish citizenship living in moscow for 2 months. i have 90 days business visa ( my company submitted an invitation) and when i return Turkey i want to get my family with me also.ı cant take my work permit yet and have to go to turkey without work permit..they tolm me that after ı get work permit and visa there will be no problem to get my family in moscow.

so can you please tell me ( if you know) how can i get my family ( wife and daughter ) with me for min 90 days... ?
( my company told me that they will apply for invitation for my family but i did not know the type. )

thanks in advance..