PDA

View Full Version : Police check

франк
06-03-2008, 21:32
Can anyone help me. I received a call to do from someone working at FMS that since 1 january you don't need this paper anymore. He works at a different department then the one that give's the temp. res. permit. Does anyone heard about this, i cant find it on internet. My wife is going to the local FMS to ask about it next week. i hope to get an answer before that, If i find it i let you all know. But hope that someone here knows anything.

Bels
06-03-2008, 22:01
Can anyone help me. I received a call to do from someone working at FMS that since 1 january you don't need this paper anymore. He works at a different department then the one that give's the temp. res. permit. Does anyone heard about this, i cant find it on internet. My wife is going to the local FMS to ask about it next week. i hope to get an answer before that, If i find it i let you all know. But hope that someone here knows anything.

No! Its unlikely. I've got my temporary residency and I suggest it's the first thing you do, as it takes th longest while you do everything else such as your medical.

It's alway best to grab your application form and any lists of required documents that you need. Only take the instructions from FMS, nobody else.
Strong advice, go to to FMS, get the ball rolling, and then ask questions here. How many expats have stated I wish I did it earlier, rather than keep asking what if ????? Including me, I must admit. GET GOING AND DO IT, DON'T BE STALLED BY ANYONE. Because it takes time. Hopefully a month to collect the papers and apply, and then just wait for 6-7 months. By the the looks of things applicants are increasing, FMS must now be amazed at the amount of westerners going for residency. When I did it recently in Odentsova I was the only Brit, and they asked why on earth am I doing it?? When everybody else including Russians want to enter Britain. I just said Russian red tape problems for families here.

Bels
06-03-2008, 22:06
There are several here who have pm'd me applying now. So I can honestly say that you do need the police check. For me I got mine towards the end of 2007, but I try to keep in touch, and I have been informed of no changes in this matter. And why should there be, Russian law has never made it easier for expats, in fact if they do bring a new law in, and they do it so so fast and on a regular basis, and the reaction from expats is normally negative, not positive.:rant:It's like hitting a brick wall

Rusty
06-03-2008, 23:11
Russian Officials and Laws are fair, they make it equally hard on Russians to get pasports, etc..

Three years working still to get my wife's property privatised. :bash:

I remember a few years ago waiting for my Rusian wife and son to get thier foriegn passports as they ran out of a form for a year or so. :rant:

Russian law has never made it easier for expats, in fact if they do bring a new law in, and they do it so so fast and on a regular basis, and the reaction from expats is normally negative, not positive.:rant:It's like hitting a brick wall

Bels
06-03-2008, 23:24
Thanks for quoting me on other issues. But let's try to help. Simply go for your police, the service is normally good in Britain, they simply state no records of offences, that's about it. and you recieve it in reasonable time. in fact it's guaranteed within six weeks by law. Then you must get it legalised (apostiled) Sorry, I'm not convinced this law ha changed, and most other countries go through the same procedure.

Monti Cristo
06-03-2008, 23:51
Is it useful to have one of the Visa agencys handle this for me if my Russian language skills are not great?