PDA

View Full Version : Courier Service

xt-tsi
27-04-2022, 14:38
This is a courier service I found for a friend of mine who left the translation of his driver's license in Spain and needs it in Moscow.

The company quoted 25 k Rubles to ship from Spain to Moscow, delivery in 7 days, doc is less than a kg and has no commercial value. They ship to a third country in the CIS such as Armenia and then courier it to Moscow with two Airway Bills and tracking numbers, one for the first leg, the second for the leg to Moscow. Delivery is to the address of the consignee.

Might come in handy in case of an emergency but I haven't used them yet and am not connected with them. My friend meanwhile found someone to deliver the doc who is traveling to Moscow so can't test them out this way.

https://timesavingmachine.ru/

xp@
27-04-2022, 18:08
This is a courier service I found for a friend of mine who left the translation of his driver's license in Spain and needs it in Moscow.

The company quoted 25 k Rubles to ship from Spain to Moscow, delivery in 7 days, doc is less than a kg and has no commercial value. They ship to a third country in the CIS such as Armenia and then courier it to Moscow with two Airway Bills and tracking numbers, one for the first leg, the second for the leg to Moscow. Delivery is to the address of the consignee.

Might come in handy in case of an emergency but I haven't used them yet and am not connected with them. My friend meanwhile found someone to deliver the doc who is traveling to Moscow so can't test them out this way.

https://timesavingmachine.ru/

IPS has been working here for 30+ years: http://www.ips.ru/en/services.htm

Benedikt
27-04-2022, 18:25
did a calculation for a letter 20 gr to Vienna. with that timesavings machine. no results for cost o the site, but the want my phone number... i stick with the Russian postoffice...

TheInterocitor
27-04-2022, 20:02
did a calculation for a letter 20 gr to Vienna. with that timesavings machine. no results for cost o the site, but the want my phone number... i stick with the Russian postoffice...

$350 to deliver a letter, maybe you could take a train, or rent a car and drive to Vienna and deliver it, it would be cheaper! :D

The US Post Service has stopped sending letters or packages to Russia, blaming it on internal Russian carriers, but it certainly is a violation of their policy of neutrality in foreign affairs.

Benedikt
28-04-2022, 07:18
The US Post Service has stopped sending letters or packages to Russia, blaming it on internal Russian carriers, but it certainly is a violation of their policy of neutrality in foreign affairs.[/QUOTE]

US Post is talking crap.

xt-tsi
30-04-2022, 21:03
$350 to deliver a letter, maybe you could take a train, or rent a car and drive to Vienna and deliver it, it would be cheaper!.

Somebody here in Russia might need a doc in an emergency who can't take a train or car "to Vienna".

Or perhaps they need a doc from another continent.

TheInterocitor
01-05-2022, 04:30
Somebody here in Russia might need a doc in an emergency who can't take a train or car "to Vienna".

Trying to make joke, sorry.

But on two occasions, when I sold item on Ebay (40 old sets of silverware (spoons, forks, knives)), it was rather expensive, and heavy, too. I got in my car, drove 1500 kilometers, and delivered everything direct to buyer.

Benedikt
01-05-2022, 04:54

i agree with that. but even then -350 $ - i wonder where the price comes from?

xt-tsi
01-05-2022, 08:33
i agree with that. but even then -350 $ - i wonder where the price comes from?

I couldn't find anyone else doing it so it doesn't look like they have any competition - so far. So it looks like they are hoping to make hay while the sun shines.

One guy I heard about drives back and forth to Italy with a van and a trailer, delivering stuff. Don't know what he charges.

You could drive...I looked it up. 12 hours from Moscow by car to Latvia and another 18 hours non stop to, say, Vienna. Then return. So 60 hours round trip without pit stops. My friend's doc was in Malaga Spain, 37 hours from Lithuania.

My wife and I thought about driving to Finland but it looks like a long slog so we'll probably take the train to St Pete's and the bus to Finland or Estonia. Another route is to Pskov on a longer train ride and to Estonia on a shorter bus. I'm voting for the long train ride in a private sleeper...love those train rides.

Lots of folks use an FB site called Moscow Expats to look for people flying in and out to deliver stuffs as a personal favor. It shows lots of other news. Another site is on Telegram called BT Moscow, very good. No tedious debates on either one and many users.

My friend found someone flying in and got his doc that way.