PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions TRP and Private Invitation, becoming a bit desperate

2nd
04-03-2008, 23:29
1. Temporary Residence Permit

I am a slow starter. I think that I have read all clever advices and information about TRP, but I must have missed the starting point.

Does one only start collecting all the required documents and test results and deliver the complete file to the FMS office?

Or, does one need some sort of registration to start the process with medical tests at the appointed clinics, to get the required notary documents etc.?

Do notaries know what to do?

2. Private Invitation

Paying from my own pocket I need to look at costs for the period(s) while waiting for the TRP.

What is required for a private invitation?
What does an invitation letter from you old common law Russian wife need to contain and what stamps by which authorities are required?
How long does it take to get a private invitation for multiple entry three months visa complete for a successful visa application at the Russian Consulate outside of Russia?

Can one add a new invitation from the same host starting the next day after the first period of three months expired and so on?

Or, should one better intersperse with a multiple entry business visa?

The main idea is to create a rolling schedule as was possible in the good old ME business visa days before this 90 days rule. The unfortunate difference being that this time it has to be 90 days + 90 days + 90 days etc. until the TRP is acquired.

Extremely grateful for your benign assistance!

Bels
04-03-2008, 23:52
I would like you to read a summarised instruction for temporary residence, as yes you might find it confusing. I think it's here as somewhere as a sticky, it will give you the basics. But really I'm not going to give you all the details of which many have stated. First is certainly contact your local FMS (OVIR) office. First of all apply to get your police check and your apostil(in other words legalise it) and go through the process of getting your medical tests from those listed listed by FMS. Now that's just the basics. Just get to your local FMS and start from there, Hoe brief and straightforward can I be.

One step at a time, and please ask question on which stage you are having problems, because there are now a number of us here as active members who do do have the experience, and have been there. Including me.

I am a slow starter. I think that I have read all clever advices and information about TRP, but I must have missed the starting point.

Does one only start collecting all the required documents and test results and deliver the complete file to the FMS office?

Or, does one need some sort of registration to start the process with medical tests at the appointed clinics, to get the required notary documents etc.?

2. Private Invitation

Paying from my own pocket I need to look at costs for the period(s) while waiting for the TRP.

What does an invitation letter from you old common law Russian wife need to contain and what stamps by which authorities are required?
How long does it take to get a private invitation for multiple entry three months visa complete for a successful visa application at the Russian Consulate outside of Russia?

Can one add a new invitation from the same host starting the next day after the first period of three months expired and so on?

The main idea is to create a rolling schedule as was possible in the good old ME business visa days before this 90 days rule. The unfortunate difference being that this time it has to be 90 days + 90 days + 90 days etc. until the TRP is acquired.

Bels
05-03-2008, 00:05
Too much to answer at such a late night. private invitation your old commonlaw wife??? She has to to go to FMS and apply for the invitation, about a month, but maybe a little longer. So do it as early as you can so you have it in your hand before you have to leac=ve. When you leac=ve and apply to the particulaar country your visa visa appliclation should be straightforward. the vis will last for 90 days.

05-03-2008, 00:11
> Does one only start collecting all the required documents and test results and deliver the complete file to the FMS office?

YES.

Notaries: You ask to TRANSLATE your documents into Russian and that the notary attests the translation. They know what it is.

About visa, I would not recommend to try to cheat the 90/180 days rule with multiple and different visa. Because it could at the end create a big problem.

Just wait 3 or 4 months outside Russia if it is necessary, THEN you will be sure to stay here 3 years if you want (TRP), more if you apply for RP or renew your TRP!

Bels
05-03-2008, 00:21
But rather than experience this business visa of ninety days in and ninety days out go for personal invitation. Your wife will need to make an invitation, the visa will last 90 days, and you will have to return to your own country to immediately renew it. Sorry that's the way it is, and today it's probably the best way. Unless somebody can come up with a better idea. I've been through it, and we didn't like it. But that's the way it goes.

It's a hard life,but get this yaer out of the way and you will feel better. Within a year you might be celibrating with champagne like we did. It's worth it in the end, especially if you have a family here. YES! It's a hard life.!!

nikolaivtoroi
06-03-2008, 11:10
you'd be better of getting a study visa for 6mnths - 1 year. i think i year at цмо costs about $3000, sure you wouldnt be taking the lessons but you would have a visa with, more or less, no bulls*it

vantru
07-03-2008, 21:36

2. Private Invitation

2ND.....

Your wife can get you an invitation, so you do not need to go to any company in order to alternate, and she can request another one while this is still good (It goes without saying that the starting day has to be the day after the other one expires).
There is no such of thing as a multiple entry private invitation, it is a single entry only and the validity it is 90 days.
It takes 30 working days to have it done.
Unfortunately, and this is also my case, Russian laws do not contemplate that a Russian citizen is marrying a foreigner therefore there are no visas issued because of that.

Bels
07-03-2008, 21:46
What do you mean by old common law wife? First thing that needs to be sorted. Do you have a legal wife. This might accepted in UK, but not in Russia.

2nd
07-03-2008, 23:09
I am old and so is she. She is not common, I might be. Our relationship is old, about twenty years. She has refused all my proposals, as, she says, I propose only to get permanent residence permit. She is not right.

I have bad experiences of what common law can result in. Perhaps, this would be the one exception. But there is no such concept in Russia.

I doubt she will change her mind on the 8th of March. So I might be stuck with a private invitation.

I have started the medical tests. Not soo bad. Because of the holiday not so long queus.

Thank you all for moral support and encouragement. It helps.

Bels
07-03-2008, 23:37
I'm getting conused or you are. old commonlaw wife meant your previous Russian wfe, who was not legally married to you.
If you have\a legally married Russian wife then you must psuade her to support you. And why, what are the benefits. That you will be able to stay in thus country wuthout the hassle and expense of having to leave every three months on private invitation. And your wife won't have the hassle of getting you a private invitation every three. Let's be fare about fair about it, the service is lousy, it's not a simple matter of electronically posting an application, it means several stupid personal visits, with probable queing,

My advice is both of you go to FMS, with full support from each other and make both your lives easier. It's hard a the beginnin, but it gets better in the end.