PDA

View Full Version : Temp residence Required Birth Cert !

byrneofmoscow
04-03-2008, 22:37
Hi
I am married to a Russian, I am Irish.
On a point of information I was at the FMS office for the first time last (Nagorna District) Thursday. A lot of posts state that you do not need a birth cert translated and notarized in fact the FMS officer told my wife that I did indeed need a translated copy of my birth cert which should be notarized.
Perhaps the requirements have changed I can't tell.

In addition my wife lived in Karalof outside Moscow some time back, and now lives in Moscow. The officer also stated the she (my wife)required a sprafka from the local office in Karalof stating that she, was registered there for whatever period she lived there and that she moved to her present address.

I have been plodding through this process for the last two months, it has not been easy, and still it goes on.

As a by the way when we visited the FMS office the officer handed out one form, (legal size)whilst two forms are required. When asked for a second for the officer said that we should go to the local post office and copy the form. Perhaps there is a shortage of paper in the office !!!!

Bels
04-03-2008, 23:03
FMS offices do vary so I have to be careful. The regulations do not state thatyou need a birth certificate. I was asked for a birth certificate, but they were wrong and we asked for our application to be passed through anyway. My application was successful. If you have a passport and other documents of which is linked as proof of your birth, why would you need a birth certificate. They can easily check these records on the website anyway, and they will ask for a list od=f your family of their birthdays, their birth places and their professions. My son is in the Royal Navy training to be in a nuclear submarine :) and that was ok.

But if they are firm about this, then there is a way to get your birth cerificate. don't use an agency of which you may find on search. Do it direct to the correct government dept.

I'm sorry for my Moscow geography, where is Karalof, is it west, East, South, or North. My FMS was in Odentsova, West of Moscow.

Hi
I am married to a Russian, I am Irish.
On a point of information I was at the FMS office for the first time last (Nagorna District) Thursday. A lot of posts state that you do not need a birth cert translated and notarized in fact the FMS officer told my wife that I did indeed need a translated copy of my birth cert which should be notarized.
Perhaps the requirements have changed I can't tell.

In addition my wife lived in Karalof outside Moscow some time back, and now lives in Moscow. The officer also stated the she (my wife)required a sprafka from the local office in Karalof stating that she, was registered there for whatever period she lived there and that she moved to her present address.

I have been plodding through this process for the last two months, it has not been easy, and still it goes on.

As a by the way when we visited the FMS office the officer handed out one form, (legal size)whilst two forms are required. When asked for a second for the officer said that we should go to the local post office and copy the form. Perhaps there is a shortage of paper in the office !!!!

04-03-2008, 23:12
List of documents (In Russian) HERE (http://fmsmoscow.ru/rvp_text.php?nid=33&) : No BC is required for the applicat.
(Note: the BC is required ONLY for citizenship).

About the change of address of your wife it shouldn't be a problem as long as she is registered (or has her propiska) at the place you want to be registered (i.e. Nagorna district)

About the copies of forms, be very carefull as ONLY the ORIGINAL documents are valid (format double -A4)!!! So kindly ask your friend in the FMS office 2 copies :)

Proper Bostonian
07-03-2008, 13:56
My local FMS office at Universitet also gave only one copy of the anketa. I was told there's a shortage & to make a copy of their original.

I was also told by them that 50% of the information on the FMS Web site is inaccurate! I was given a printed list of required documents and a birth certificate is not required. I ordered one anyway, just in case. For Americans it's pretty easy. I ordered mine online from the state of Massachusetts.

I've been through hell dealing with my fingerprints. Had multiple samples done at the U.S. Embassy, DHL'd to the States only to be rejcted twice by the FBI due to poor quality. Was recently in the USA & had them scanned at my local police station & they were finally accepted. Now waiting for State Dept. apostille.

BTW, the FBI's Web site says it can take up to 18 weeks to process, but all 3 times I requested expedited service allowing 3 weeks & they always met my deadlines. Main problem is I've lost an incredible amount of time...

Couple of questions:

1. I was given a list of 4 different polyclinics I have to go to for med. exams. Somone had written a while back that they had everything done at Botkinskaya Hospital. If I don't live in that region is it possible to have tests done there & still be accepted in my region?

2. My visa will be up in June so no way I'll have temp. residency before then. Can I go to a Baltic or European state to get repeated 3 month personal invitations or must I return to the States? Any knowledge re: this?

Thanks.

Judge
07-03-2008, 14:14
My local FMS office at Universitet also gave only one copy of the anketa. I was told there's a shortage & to make a copy of their original.

I was also told by them that 50% of the information on the FMS Web site is inaccurate! I was given a printed list of required documents and a birth certificate is not required. I ordered one anyway, just in case. For Americans it's pretty easy. I ordered mine online from the state of Massachusetts.

I've been through hell dealing with my fingerprints. Had multiple samples done at the U.S. Embassy, DHL'd to the States only to be rejcted twice by the FBI due to poor quality. Was recently in the USA & had them scanned at my local police station & they were finally accepted. Now waiting for State Dept. apostille.

BTW, the FBI's Web site says it can take up to 18 weeks to process, but all 3 times I requested expedited service allowing 3 weeks & they always met my deadlines. Main problem is I've lost an incredible amount of time...

Couple of questions:

1. I was given a list of 4 different polyclinics I have to go to for med. exams. Somone had written a while back that they had everything done at Botkinskaya Hospital. If I don't live in that region is it possible to have tests done there & still be accepted in my region?

2. My visa will be up in June so no way I'll have temp. residency before then. Can I go to a Baltic or European state to get repeated 3 month personal invitations or must I return to the States? Any knowledge re: this?

Thanks.

To answer your first question.
I am halfway through my tests and maybe your polyclinics have a different time for seeing people who are doing these tests but mine so far have been early starts.
Get to the polyclinics about 7.30am,usually they open up at 8am,look for a guy with a piece of paper,he will be writing the names of the people who are going in for tests.The security guard starts to call out names from the list,so far there has been around 40 people waiting for each test.

Judge
07-03-2008, 14:19

Couple of questions:

Thanks.

To answer your first question.
I am halfway through my tests and maybe your polyclinics have a different time for seeing people who are doing these tests but mine so far have been early starts.
Get to the polyclinics about 7.30am,usually they open up at 8am,look for a guy with a piece of paper,he will be writing the names of the people who are going in for tests.The security guard starts to call out names from the list,so far there has been around 40 people waiting for each test.
I don't know how the tests can be done in one place,you get given a piece of paper after your first test and everythime you go for a another test you need to hand in this piece of paper so they can stamp it in order of the tests taken.
1st test.Aids test.
2nd test.TB,p*ss in a pot,give blood and later on they take an xray.
3rd test,drug test.
4th,visit a doc who checks you out and he will sign the final bit of paper for you.
Cost for this,so far i've payed 1275 rubles ,I was told that this is for all 4 tests.

The person who posted about having the tests done all at the same place was going for the work permit(I could be wrong),i'm not sure about the tests for the work permit,but for the temp rez you should go to the places the FMS told you.

nyinrussia
07-03-2008, 14:25
I just tried to hand in my papers yesterday and they did require a birth certificate notarized and translated. But they said it was due to the name change.

I went to two places for the medical test but my understanding is that it depends on the district you are living in.

Bels
07-03-2008, 19:08
Hopefully it's realised by now that the finger printing from your own country is not required by FMS.

But I do understand with Americans it might have something to do with the USA system, and its necessary in order to get their police check.

I just don't want Brits for example thinking they to be finger-printed. They can get their police check and the apostile whilst in the UK, or whilst staying in Russia.

vantru
07-03-2008, 21:17
PROPER BOSTONIAN

At the end of December an American Citizen that I know went to Kiev to get his private invitation and it was done in 1 day (Urgent Procedure)...but by my personal experience I would call before going 'cause if they wake up on the wrong side of the bed they will change the rules for the day.
As a EU resident I have to go back to my home country to do this :bash::bash:

Bels
07-03-2008, 21:57
PROPER BOSTONIAN

At the end of December an American Citizen that I know went to Kiev to get his private invitation and it was done in 1 day (Urgent Procedure)...but by my personal experience I would call before going 'cause if they wake up on the wrong side of the bed they will change the rules for the day.
As a EU resident I have to go back to my home country to do this :bash::bash:

Good question about Americans going all the way back to the United States for a visa. Now I do know the Russian Embassy continues to have an application form on their site especially for Americans. I also know that there has been a number of Americans stisfied with their applications of visas from as from December 2007. But I'm going to be careful here due to changing laws.

May I suggest you look at this website, and ask questions if need be by phone. I believe there is a small charge on your phonebill now, but it's worth it, otherwise e-mail them.

Their site is rusemblon.org

Swarbs
07-03-2008, 22:45
AFAIK the visa laws state you need to apply for a new visa in a country where you have the right to stay for 90 days consistently. Dunno how widely this rule is applied, and to what type of visas, and I haven't heard of people turning up at embassies and being refused, but I guess you need to weigh up the risk of being turned away. For Americans, I think the only EU country you can do this is regularly is the UK, where you should get a 6 month visitor visa on arrival.

I'd advise you check with the Russian Embassy in London if you want to try this: their visa helpline no. is +44-207-499-10-29. As Bels has mentioned in a previous post, they appear to be the best RE to deal with for a visa, and I've found their helpline very helpful!

S

vantru
08-03-2008, 15:44
Hi Guys,
I happen to have the website of the Russian Consulate in GB...
If you need it here it is.

Embassy of the Russian Federation in Great Britain (http://www.great-britain.mid.ru/)

Cheers

tgma
26-03-2008, 14:39
My visa agency told me that they can not do a 90-day single entry work visa for my American colleague, as he does not have any document allowing him to reside in the UK. If he had a visa, (most Americans don't use them to enter the UK) or a residency permit for the UK, then the consulate in the UK would process it.

Bels
26-03-2008, 15:17
My visa agency told me that they can not do a 90-day single entry work visa for my American colleague, as he does not have any document allowing him to reside in the UK. If he had a visa, (most Americans don't use them to enter the UK) or a residency permit for the UK, then the consulate in the UK would process it.

So all these American posts who have been to UK are wrong? Who's your agent? I think your agency is wrong! Do it yourself direct to the London Russian Embassy, make your enquiries direct to this Embassy. I'm sure their info is much more accurate. They also have a special application form for Americans, and their is good info on their website about Americans.

Bels
26-03-2008, 15:21
You don't need agencies except if you want to purchase an invitation. I never used one, just contact a Russian Embassy and make your application. Save yourself a lot of time and fuss, and avoid wrong information.