PDA

View Full Version : the world does not mourn for Moslems, as it does for -others-.

Benedikt
17-03-2019, 06:37
https://www.bild.de/politik/international/kolumne/commentary-by-daud-noorzai-the-world-does-not-mourn-for-muslims-60705722.bild.html
a very interesting write up. the Journalist, a German Afghan, is a very well respected writer and researcher.

* Bild, Germanys biggest boulevard rag, also has an english langauge section. sound often VERY different from their German langauge issues. and this has nothing to do with translations..*

rusmeister
17-03-2019, 20:23
https://www.bild.de/politik/international/kolumne/commentary-by-daud-noorzai-the-world-does-not-mourn-for-muslims-60705722.bild.html
a very interesting write up. the Journalist, a German Afghan, is a very well respected writer and researcher.

* Bild, Germanys biggest boulevard rag, also has an english langauge section. sound often VERY different from their German langauge issues. and this has nothing to do with translations..*

This REALLY ignores the massive Muslim violence against Christians in Africa and the Middle East that is, of course, completely ignored here.

TheInterocitor
17-03-2019, 21:32
This is what is wrong with the media and their collusion with social scientists in forcing us to attempt to align ourselves with their progressive "values" instead of adhering to our traditional code of ethics and religious-based morality.

I saw the Snowflake leader of New Zealand during her news conference. (What's up with the back and forth head movement, while keeping her eyes on the same person? One side, then she moves ot the other side, back, forth, continually, like a snake charmer or something, like she's trying to avoid a waterbomb? Can't she act like a normal person, stand straight? Look directly at the questioner? Maybe she needs some basic training on how to converse with people, like this course: "How to Prevent other People from Concluding you're a Total Twit".

Anyway, she says nothing about the morality of shooting dozens of innocent human beings, nothing about the ethics of it, she has only this to say "This is not who we are..." (how many times have I heard that in the past Obama years?) "...this does not impart with our values of tolerance and diversity." That's IT! That's her sole inkling of how to tell right from wrong - it violates her values of "tolerance and diversity." What an idiot! And what's up with her eee's? She says "earport" instead of "airport". "Jeopardy" becomes "jeepardee" and "private" -> "preevat". Do Kiwi's really talk like that? She sounds like she's so full of herself she can't even abide using the common lingua fraca, she has to use her own unique peculiarly-accented tongue.

Anyway, for the snowflakes at the Bild - I don't mourn for people because of what religion they are/were. I mourn for them because I knew them (as individuals).

When 9/11 happened, I mourned for B-, not because he was Vietnamese, not because he was Buddhist, but because he was my friend.

I mourned for New Yorkers because I was born and raised in New York. And I mourned for people at the Pentagon because I worked there.

But the Bild wants me to mourn with tolerance and diversity!

So.....the next time I mourn for someone, I well diversify my mourning - I will also mourn a woman (if the mourned is male). I will mourn for a Muslim. And a homosexual or transgender. And a person of different color, and an illegal immigrant.

Will that satisfy the Bild's tolerance and diversity requirements? :rofl:

Benedikt
18-03-2019, 05:37
Will that satisfy the Bild's tolerance and diversity requirements? :rofl:[/QUOTE]

BILD cares only about one thing. Print issues, readers who have to see the ads when clicking on an article. and how much money they make for the owners and shareholders. and so do the rest of the media. investigative journalism, facts that have been verified, who cares. all that is - collateral damage - in the daily run for $$$$$.

rusmeister
18-03-2019, 13:12
BILD cares only about one thing. Print issues, readers who have to see the ads when clicking on an article. and how much money they make for the owners and shareholders. and so do the rest of the media. investigative journalism, facts that have been verified, who cares. all that is - collateral damage - in the daily run for $$$$$.
True. But what you donít seem to notice here is that by reprinting their title as your own, you are propagating the view they have ordered their hacks to do: to say that tragedies that strike Muslims as a religious group are ignored because of their religion (which is manifestly untrue), in order to back the general promotion of Islam in the West.

If you want to promote investigative journalism, you should prove whether or not the tragedy in Christchurch has been ignored by the media, and since it has not, ask WHY the Bild is pushing a narrative that it is, rather than simply repeat their narrative. Since that story has been plastered all over the media, you ought to ask why the atrocities committed against Christians actually do go ignored by the major media outlets.

Benedikt
18-03-2019, 17:27
If you want to promote investigative journalism, you should prove whether or not the tragedy in Christchurch has been ignored by the media, and since it has not, ask WHY the Bild is pushing a narrative that it is, rather than simply repeat their narrative. Since that story has been plastered all over the media, you ought to ask why the atrocities committed against Christians actually do go ignored by the major media outlets.[/QUOTE]

my question there was not about promoting or not promoting whatever. but why their english langauge piece sounded so much different then their German version.

rusmeister
18-03-2019, 20:13
If you want to promote investigative journalism, you should prove whether or not the tragedy in Christchurch has been ignored by the media, and since it has not, ask WHY the Bild is pushing a narrative that it is, rather than simply repeat their narrative. Since that story has been plastered all over the media, you ought to ask why the atrocities committed against Christians actually do go ignored by the major media outlets.

my question there was not about promoting or not promoting whatever. but why their english langauge piece sounded so much different then their German version.[/QUOTE]
I’ve been speaking only to the English language version you linked to. I don’t know and wasn’t commenting on what the German version may have said.

TheInterocitor
18-03-2019, 22:26

my question there was not about promoting or not promoting whatever. but why their english langauge piece sounded so much different then their German version.

What, in your opinion, Bennie, was different about the two versions? You are expert in German and English. I know German, but not as well as you, or to be able to detect the subtle language styling which I can insert in my own English writing.

I'm curious, if, maybe the translator allowed their political posture to infiltrate their translation strategy. He is thinking :suspect: "Ha! No one will know I changed the narrative of the original... no one will compare the German and the English versions."

But you did. :)