PDA

View Full Version : Mac keeper is definitely for the birds!cheating, conniving sc..bags

Benedikt
11-01-2019, 18:04
Mac keeper is definitely for the birds! cheating, conniving sc..bags ( i have not installed anything from them, never have and never will)
I got an ad from them that my Mac is slow and they offer a free speed test. to humor them and me, I let it run
download speed 41.22. upload speed 24.82. thought that just can not be. because with that -speed- my Mac would be -crawling-.
did a check with the speed test that I use for many years and got a completely different reading.
download 89.61, upload 89.48- this is from my provider and should be reading more or less -100-. this is fine for what I am using. I do not play games or use large and long downloads.

Mackeeper what cheating and conniving scumbags!!!!!!

Uncle Wally
11-01-2019, 18:21
Mac keeper is definitely for the birds! cheating, conniving sc..bags ( i have not installed anything from them, never have and never will)
I got an ad from them that my Mac is slow and they offer a free speed test. to humor them and me, I let it run
download speed 41.22. upload speed 24.82. thought that just can not be. because with that -speed- my Mac would be -crawling-.
did a check with the speed test that I use for many years and got a completely different reading.
download 89.61, upload 89.48- this is from my provider and should be reading more or less -100-. this is fine for what I am using. I do not play games or use large and long downloads.

Mackeeper what cheating and conniving scumbags!!!!!!

It will be slower if you have things running in the background.

Oh, and nothing is "free".

Benedikt
12-01-2019, 04:21
It will be slower if you have things running in the background.

Oh, and nothing is "free".

Wally i did the speed test more or less one after the other. with the same -things- running. on the same computer. I did it then on the -other- computer, a windows construct. More or less the same result.

BigBear
14-01-2019, 12:47
As Uncle Wally says, nothing is free. Having worked for years in a bank and telling all my friends when they come along to ask what I think about such a such a financial product offering unbelievable returns that there is no such thing as a free lunch, I suppose that it is ironic that, a little bit like Benedikt, I hope/expect that certain programs for my Mac will be both free and effective. Maybe that was the case in the early 1990s but sadly, whether it is games that are plagued by pop up publicity, programs that insist you be connected to the internet even if all you want to do is run something locally, or the bad guys like Google and Facebook who want to know everything about you, today more than ever we are just cookie-fodder.

But then, Benedikt, surely you must know a thing or two about cookies and free lunches, no? :smile:

Uncle Wally
14-01-2019, 16:54
Yeah Football and Facebook are sure Cookie monsters.

Benedikt
14-01-2019, 18:16
But then, Benedikt, surely you must know a thing or two about cookies and free lunches, no? : smile:[/QUOTE]

I don't really think you got or understood my post. I think MacKeeper runs this - low speed your Internet- on purpose. - We- have no way to check if this is true or not. Just trust my gut feeling. because I know how my internet WOULDwork, or better NOT work with that low speed they claim is runnign. maybe long tiem ago i might have trusted them. these days, if the speed of my internet would be that slow, i would call the provider and THEY would tell me yes or no. and if no what reason there might have been for such a low speed. MacKeeper is scum, they are also all over on FB and EVERY reply or post there is just negative, - dont install- , - keep away-, and the likes. This does not bother Zuckerberg, false advertising ON PURPOSE. deceiving people. he only cares about the advertising revenue he makes. not much better a scu...bag that his advertiser.