PDA

View Full Version : when can you call yourself a -Muscovite-?

Benedikt
11-01-2019, 06:21
https://themoscowtimes.com/news/russian-space-chief-hits-back-at-meme-making-critics-takes-us-snub-in-stride-64100

you have to click on ANY article and scroll right to the bottom. there you see the -Buzzfeed- clips. by the way, fun and interesting to read. you will also find the -fact- when you can call yourself a Muscovite. by the way, it is only 2% of the cities population....:not-talking: I definitely do not classify....

americaninmoscow
11-01-2019, 21:24
by the way, fun and interesting to read. you will also find the -fact- when you can call yourself a Muscovite.

That is because you do not live in Moscow.You live in Pod-Moscovia.

I am. I have property. and have Propiska + do my own registration. etc etc.

Uncle Wally
11-01-2019, 21:34

Ben lives in one of the best spots in Moscow.

americaninmoscow
12-01-2019, 00:10
Ben lives in one of the best spots in Moscow.

Almost in Moscow ;b

That's called Pod-Moscovia.

And as to the actual location being the best, well- that is debatable.

Uncle Wally
12-01-2019, 03:57
Strogino is Moscow

Benedikt
12-01-2019, 04:10

Strogino is still Moscow.only what is OVER the MKAD is not Moscow. But this was not meant like that. It was supposed to be a little on the funny side. i still rmember a joke from our good mayor Juri Michailovitch who admitted freely that hes forebearers were Tatars. And he also said - scratch a Muscovite and somewhere you find a Tatar-.
There was also a story,many years ago, how many of the oh so proud BOSTON old WAP's had some black blood in them. because one oftheir forebearers had his dipstick stuck in somewhere else as well.
Also also in South Africa, caused a big stink, how many true -van der Merve- staunch Boers had black blood in them.
Property and propiska and registration is not everything...

Benedikt
12-01-2019, 04:14
Almost in Moscow ;b

Strogino is in the North West Administrative District of Moscow. Together with places like Shchukino,Mitino,Tushino and the likes. Even our Mayor Sobranin lives here... (NOT on Rublovka)
http://www.mapofmoscow.net/districts/northwestern/

TolkoRaz
12-01-2019, 10:47
Almost in Moscow ;b

Strogino is just within / borders the MKAD, so is referred to as Moscow....

Alan65
12-01-2019, 12:06

Perhaps the question should also be about birth etc, using London as an example, often at work I was the only person that had lived in London for many years, I wold expect a similar situation in Moscow or St Petes

Benedikt
12-01-2019, 13:46
Perhaps the question should also be about birth etc, using London as an example, often at work I was the only person that had lived in London for many years, I wold expect a similar situation in Moscow or St Petes

well, the article says if 4 generations of you have lived and were born in Moscow, you can call yourself a -real- Muscovite.

Uncle Wally
12-01-2019, 22:38

Why? The UK is not Russia. There is a big difference!

Alan65
13-01-2019, 00:34
well, the article says if 4 generations of you have lived and were born in Moscow, you can call yourself a -real- Muscovite.

Could not find the article, but using that criteria, you are not a Muscovite and neither is Wally and probably about 74 percent of the people that currently live there, probably the same percentage as London or most major cities in the world.

americaninmoscow
13-01-2019, 03:12

sorry mate. that is a bunch of claptrap. this is idea of "we were here first" and have the right to be here. everyone else/the dirty masses should piss-off back to their sad little village.

americaninmoscow
13-01-2019, 03:13

sure buddy. in fact, if you go to the rooftop and bring your binoculars, you can almost make out the garden ring.....

americaninmoscow
13-01-2019, 03:23
Property and propiska and registration is not everything...

Right.

Just tell that to your bank, local schools, social services center, etc.

Benedikt
13-01-2019, 04:15
Could not find the article, but using that criteria, you are not a Muscovite and neither is Wally and probably about 74 percent of the people that currently live there, probably the same percentage as London or most major cities in the world.

it takes a while to come up. you most probably have to watch other -fun facts- as well. but here is another link, also not take to seriously ( as was my first link) that makes you a real Muscovitle..https://friendlylocalguides.com/blog/10-reasons-you-know-youre-a-real-muscovite

Benedikt
13-01-2019, 04:25
sure buddy. in fact, if you go to the rooftop and bring your binoculars, you can almost make out the garden ring.....

I do not need binoculars, I climb up the red bridge, second link, and can see ALL of Moscow (takes a few tram stops or a leisurely walk of 30 minutes)
the second link also shos where around I live... and ONE link shos that Strogino is DEFINITELY a part of Moscow. And the link next to it, shows the -new- extended Moscow.https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Strogino
https://www.dreamstime.com/photos-images/zhivopisny-bridge.html?pg=2
Garden Ring? what is there฿ a few trees and a brick walkway and left and right millions of cars?

americaninmoscow
13-01-2019, 05:56
Garden Ring? what is there....

Pretty much everything that consists of being interesting and important......

......but please, continue talking about trees and walks with your dog.

Alan65
13-01-2019, 06:58
it takes a while to come up. you most probably have to watch other -fun facts- as well. but here is another link, also not take to seriously ( as was my first link) that makes you a real Muscovitle..https://friendlylocalguides.com/blog/10-reasons-you-know-youre-a-real-muscovite

Ben my comments are not to be taken seriously either, wit the four generation thing, not even Putin is a Muskrat, I cam not even a Londoner etc, perhaps somewhere down the line Tolko is a Tajik etc, on the four generation thing I dont think that is is such a thing as a real Muskrat or Cockney. perhaps this is what demonstrates London more today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60nEMZeHim8

Perhaps if we went back four generation of Muskrats we may get back to the Tsars but I think that this is more modern Russia and Muskrats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-shbjYXqF0k

My Russian teachers could not get their head around that I went to see the Killers at VDH etc rather than go to the theater etc and watch boring ballet...

Uncle Wally
14-01-2019, 09:01
Almost in Moscow ;b

I didn't say the best. I said "one of the best". The best place in Moscow is Raminki. I lived there for 13 years and still my best and oldest friends live there.

I just moved to a new flat the other day. It is still Moscow but takes 25 minutes by train to get to the metro. But the air is clean and it's very quiet, the snow is even white! I don't think I will be going to Moscow very much and won't miss the dirty air, noise and millions of people.

Judge
14-01-2019, 10:00

That number is about right for Moscow..

Judge
14-01-2019, 10:03
sorry mate. that is a bunch of claptrap. this is idea of "we were here first" and have the right to be here. everyone else/the dirty masses should piss-off back to their sad little village.

The " 4 generations" rule is correct, these are classed as proper Moscowvites, all others are just wannabes...
You can also tell who are newbie Moscowvites, they try and pretend to be in a rush and have kinda aggressive way about them, the trying too hard gives them away.

zzhhst
16-01-2019, 21:39
Hey, I know we have many differences. However, I agree with you. Wally

zzhhst
16-01-2019, 21:50
To me I see it the same as New York, California L.A London all other big cities. People very proud with nose in air. Regardless of income. Yes, I agree 4th generation.